Monday, 20 March 2017 () It appears that the long-awaited Article 50 trigger, officially beginning the Brexit process, will take place next Wednesday, March 29, because moments ago a Theresa May spokesman confirmed a report in the UK's CityAM, reporting that Article 50 will be triggered next Wednesday.
· U.K. TO TRIGGER BREXIT ON MARCH 29, MAY'S SPOKESMAN SAYS
· THERESA MAY WILL TRIGGER ARTICLE 50 NEXT WEDNESDAY: CITYAM
Some more details from Bloomberg:
· U.K. envoy to European Union Tim Barrow informed European Council President Donald Tusk’s office of Brexit trigger date Monday, Prime Minister Theresa May’s spokesman James Slack tells reporters in London.
· Slack says Britain will trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, formally starting Brexit process, on March 29, via letter to EU
· Slack: “After we trigger, the 27 will agree their guidelines for negotiations and the Commission’s negotiating mandate”
· Says: “President Tusk has said he expects an initial response within 48 hours. We want negotiations to start promptly”