In early July, a rift in Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf caused the third-largest iceberg ever recorded to break off into the Southern Ocean.
The block of ice, dubbed iceberg A-68, may hang.. Business Insider
Sometime between Monday and Wednesday this week, a trillion-ton iceberg broke away from the Antarctic Peninsula. It’s a fascinating geological phenomenon to watch, but the causes and implications are.. Christian Science Monitor
Two polar researchers became the first couple ever to marry in the British Antarctic Territory on Saturday, July 15. Julie Baum and Tom Sylvester, who have been together for 11 years, got hitched at.. Source: Euronews English -
A massive iceberg weighing more than one trillion tons has broken away from western Antarctica, according to a UK-based research team. Scientists announced that the 6-thousand-square-kilometer (2,300.. Source: Rumble -
An iceberg the size of Delaware split from Larsen C earlier this week. Larsen C is the largest remaining ice shelf off the Antarctic Peninsula. Larsen A and B collapsed entirely in 1995 and 2002,.. Source: Wochit Headline News -
· *Iceberg A-68, which recently calved from Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf, is the third-largest iceberg on record.*
· *Some scientists have described the iceberg's calving as a "natural" event.. Business Insider
· *An iceberg the size of Delaware broke off of an Antarctic ice shelf between July 10 and July 12.*
· *Scientists aren't sure exactly what caused the crack that birthed iceberg A68, as it's.. Business Insider
A crack in an Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf birthed one of the largest icebergs ever recorded, scientists announced Wednesday morning.
"The calving of this iceberg leaves the Larsen C Ice Shelf.. Business Insider
· *A 1.1-trillion-ton iceberg has calved off Antarctica, into the Southern Ocean.*
· *The block of ice is roughly the area of Delaware and the volume of Lake Michigan.*
· *Scientists aren't sure.. Business Insider
A giant iceberg breaking off Antarctica is a disconcerting sight, but it's also fascinating to watch.
One of the largest icebergs ever recorded finally broke free from the Larsen C Ice Shelf in.. Mashable
· *Antarctica has shed an iceberg that's big enough to fill Lake Michigan.*
· *It weighs about 1 trillion metric tonnes.*
· *It may be the third-largest iceberg recorded since satellites began.. Business Insider
· *A giant crack in one of Antarctica's largest ice shelf** is about to break off a Delaware-sized block of ice.*
· *The crack in the ice shelf, called Larsen C, has forked toward the Southern Ocean.. Business Insider
On the same day that President Donald Trump is making his big announcement on whether to keep the U.S. in the Paris Agreement on climate change, potentially ominous news has emerged from a group of.. Mashable
Antarctica, the desolate southernmost continent boasting the coldest climate on Earth, usually brings to mind visions of ice, snow and penguins.
But global warming is transforming Antarctica’s icy.. Huffington Post
One of the coldest areas in the world is getting greener, and researchers say it’s because of global warming. Researchers from the University of Exeter in England who first studied the increase of.. VOA News