In early July, a rift in Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf caused the third-largest iceberg ever recorded to break off into the Southern Ocean.
The block of ice, dubbed iceberg A-68, may hang.. Business Insider
Sometime between Monday and Wednesday this week, a trillion-ton iceberg broke away from the Antarctic Peninsula. It’s a fascinating geological phenomenon to watch, but the causes and implications are.. Christian Science Monitor
BRITISH ANTARCTIC TERRITORY — A team of British and American scientists investigating the impact of ocean-warming found that the amount of Antarctic seabed life doubled after a temperature increase.. Source: TomoNews US -
Two polar researchers became the first couple ever to marry in the British Antarctic Territory on Saturday, July 15. Julie Baum and Tom Sylvester, who have been together for 11 years, got hitched at.. Source: Euronews English -
A massive iceberg weighing more than one trillion tons has broken away from western Antarctica, according to a UK-based research team. Scientists announced that the 6-thousand-square-kilometer (2,300.. Source: Rumble -
· *A 1.1-trillion-ton iceberg has calved off Antarctica, into the Southern Ocean.*
· *The block of ice is roughly the area of Delaware and the volume of Lake Michigan.*
· *Scientists aren't sure.. Business Insider
A giant iceberg breaking off Antarctica is a disconcerting sight, but it's also fascinating to watch.
One of the largest icebergs ever recorded finally broke free from the Larsen C Ice Shelf in.. Mashable
· *Antarctica has shed an iceberg that's big enough to fill Lake Michigan.*
· *It weighs about 1 trillion metric tonnes.*
· *It may be the third-largest iceberg recorded since satellites began.. Business Insider
· *A giant crack in one of Antarctica's largest ice shelf** is about to break off a Delaware-sized block of ice.*
· *The crack in the ice shelf, called Larsen C, has forked toward the Southern Ocean.. Business Insider
On the same day that President Donald Trump is making his big announcement on whether to keep the U.S. in the Paris Agreement on climate change, potentially ominous news has emerged from a group of.. Mashable
Antarctica, the desolate southernmost continent boasting the coldest climate on Earth, usually brings to mind visions of ice, snow and penguins.
But global warming is transforming Antarctica’s icy.. Huffington Post
One of the coldest areas in the world is getting greener, and researchers say it’s because of global warming. Researchers from the University of Exeter in England who first studied the increase of.. VOA News