The Microsoft billionaire and philanthropist donated $50 million this week to fight Alzheimer’s. Together with company co-founder Paul Allen, the two remind us how devastating a hobbled brain is to.. Seattle Times
· *Bill Gates has committed $80 million through one of his investment firms, Belmont Partners, to build a "smart city" in Arizona.*
· *The city will integrate high-speed internet, smarter.. Business Insider
John Paul DeJoria is a serial entrepreneur, a self-made billionaire and philanthropist. He is the co-founder of the Paul Mitchell Systems, Patrón Spirits, and ROK Mobile. John describes what being an.. Source: Entrepreneur -
Over the next five years, billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates plans to invest 1.7 billion dollars to help bolster the public education system of the United States. While delivering a speech to the.. Source: Wochit Headline News -
Laurene Powell Jobs, billionaire philanthropist and widow of Apple Co-founder Steve Jobs,, has become a part-owner of Monumental Sports and Entertainment, the parent company of the NBA squad Washington.. Source: Wochit Headline News -
· *Interviews with Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and other tech elites consistently reveal that Silicon Valley parents are strict about technology use.*
· *A new book suggests the signs may have been.. Business Insider
· *Bill and Melinda Gates have pledged to commit $1.7 billion over the next five years to bolstering public education in the US.*
· *The money will get divided into three buckets: public school.. Business Insider
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles billionaire-philanthropist Eli Broad (Brohd) has retired. The 84-year-old Broad announced Thursday he is passing on responsibility for The Eli and Edythe Broad.. Seattle Times
Eli Broad, the billionaire philanthropist who has been a powerful force in Los Angeles arts, education and politics, is stepping back from the day-to-day operations of his foundation.
Broad, 84,.. L.A. Times
Steve Jobs' widow has set her sights on sports.
Laurene Powell Jobs, a billionaire philanthropist, has agreed to become a part-owner of Monumental Sports and Entertainment, the parent company of.. Business Insider
Billionaire philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs, who is still a significant stakeholder in both Apple and Disney, will enter into the professional sports business, taking a 20 percent share of the.. AppleInsider
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — A university founded by Hungarian-American billionaire philanthropist George Soros is hopeful of a deal allowing it to remain in Hungary. Central European University.. Seattle Times
A beautiful home owned by former Yahoo CEO Tim Koogle has hit the market for $19.4 million.
Koogle and his wife, Pam Scott, have owned the 12-acre property in Los Altos, California, since 2003,.. Business Insider
Novartis has began testing a new malaria drug in Africa, advancing development of an alternative to its most effective treatment, which billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates said is at risk of losing.. SFGate
· *Breakthrough Starshot, an ambitious project to explore a nearby star system, has launched its first prototypes into orbit.*
· *Each "sprite" spacecraft is about the size of a cracker and is.. Business Insider
In a bizarre diplomatic development, none other than the state of Israel has branded billionaire philanthropist George Soros, one of Hillary Clinton's most generous donors, a "threat", accusing him of.. Zero Hedge