Engadget Unveils the Official 2018 Best of CES Award Winners
Friday, 12 January 2018 LAS VEGAS, Jan. 11, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As International CES® 2018 comes to a close tomorrow, editors at leading technology and culture publication, Engadget, present this year's official "Best of CES" award winners. From next-generation virtual reality devices to autonomous cars and smart cities, Engadget's editors applied their extensive knowledge of the tech industry to scouring the show floor for the very best of the best at CES, choosing a winner in each of the 17 highly competitive categories based on level of innovation, design, market appeal and functionality. Rounding out the editors’ selections is The People's Choice Award, honoring the products that won over the most hearts and minds at CES 2018.Along with widespread coverage and exposure across Engadget's networks, winners were awarded a trophy on the Engadget stage during the closing ceremonies, which were broadcast live on the Engadget.com homepage, Engadget’s YouTube channel, Facebook and Twitch.
“Every year thousands of companies show up in Vegas to debut what they hope will be the next big thing in consumer technology and Engadget is there to find the real gems,” said Christopher Trout, Editor-in-Chief of Engadget. “In the five years that we've produced the official Best of CES Awards, we've seen some truly exceptional, sometimes incredibly bizarre products and 2018 is no exception. We're thrilled to crown the best of the best again this year.”
Winners of the International CES® 2018 "Best of CES" awards include:
· Best Startup: Black Box VR
· Best Accessibility Technology: Xenoma e-skin pajamas
· Best Digital Health and Fitness Product: L’Oreal UV Sense
· Best Wearable: L’Oreal UV Sense
· Best Transportation Technology: Toyota e-Palette
· Best Home Theater Product: Optoma 4K projector with Alexa
· Best (Connected) Home Product: Lenovo Smart Display
· Best Innovation (Disruptive Tech): Toyota e-Palette
· Best Phone or Mobile Device: Lenovo Miix 630
· Best TV Product: LG 2018 C-Series OLED
· Best Gaming Product: HTC Vive Pro
· Best Unexpected Product: My Special Aflac Duck
· Best Sports Tech: Prevent Biometrics HEad Impact Monitor System (HIMS)
· Best PC or Tablet: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon
· Best Robot or Drone: Sony Aibo
· Best Vision of the Future (Smart City): Wi-Fiber Intelli-Platform
· Best of the Best Award: Toyota e-Palette
· People’s Choice Award: Dell X Nikki Reed Circular Collection Jewelry
The Best of CES Awards Program started over a decade ago to celebrate the innovation and noteworthy products on display at the International CES each year. Engadget returns for its fourth year adjudicating the official Awards in partnership with the Consumer Technology Association. CES® is a registered trademark of the CTA.
Engadget was founded in 2004 as a devoted, real-time source for tech news. Now in its second decade as a leading technology and culture publication, Engadget's web, mobile, and Flipboard presence has grown to reach over 24 million unique readers per month. Engadget is also the official partner of the Best of CES Awards and has been the Official Online News Source for the world's largest tradeshow for consumer electronics since 2009. Find Engadget online at www.engadget.com and its apps in the iTunes and Google Play stores.