Here’s Who Anti-Democrat Mail Bomber Has Targeted So Far With Suspicious Packages
Thursday, 25 October 2018 The list of prominent Democrats, news outlets and celebrities who have received suspected explosives in the mail continued to grow on Thursday, with Robert De Niro and former vice president Joe Biden the latest to be targeted.
Two packages addressed to Biden — one received at a postal facility in New Castle, Delaware, and another discovered at a facility in Wilmington, Delaware — were intercepted by law enforcement officials, according to NBC News. The suspicious packages resembled those sent to other Democratic officials, according to the outlet.
That was followed by the New York Police Department investigating on Thursday morning a package addressed to De Niro at his production company in the city’s Tribeca neighborhood, CNN reported. Two law enforcement officials told the network the package had markings similar to the pipe-bomb packages sent this week to other top Democrats.
*Also Read:* 'Morning Joe': Trump 'Bears a Lot of Responsibility' for Attempted Bomb Attacks (Video)
Here’s a complete look at every one else who was been targeted in the last few days:
– Billionaire investor George Soros, a longtime advocate for liberal issues, received the first bomb threat at his home in New York City on Monday. The hand delivered-device was inspected and then detonated by the FBI, according to ABC News.
– Former president Barack Obama was sent a pipe bomb at his home in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, according to the New York Times.
– Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, also received a suspected bomb on Wednesday.
*Also Read:* Jeff Zucker Condemns Trump White House Following Bomb Scare: 'Their Words Matter'
– CNN evacuated its staff from its New York City office on Wednesday after receiving a suspected pipe bomb, forcing the outlet to shift to anchors in Washington, D.C. to stay on the air.
– John O. Brennan, a former C.I.A. director, had a package addressed to him at CNN’s office, according to the NYT.
– Former attorney general Eric Holder had a package addressed to him but returned to the address on the package, belonging to …
– Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, who got a package at her office in Florida, according to the NYT.
*Also Read:* Lara Trump Blasts CNN in Fundraising Email 2 Hours After Bomb Scare
– Rep. Maxine Waters received a package at a South Los Angeles mail facility on Wednesday, the FBI told the Los Angeles Times. The package resembled the manilla envelopes received by politicians on the east coast.
Many of those that were sent suspected bombs have been outspoken critics of President Trump. The president struck a measured tone at a rally in Mosinee, Wisconsin, on Wednesday night, calling the threats “an attack on our democracy itself.” He added: “Such conduct must be fiercely opposed and prosecuted.” On Thursday morning, though, Trump was more animated, tweeting “a very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News.”
*Also Read:* Bill Maher: Omarosa's Official White House Title Was 'Assistant Secretary for Throwing Shade' (Video)
A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News. It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 25, 2018
*Related stories from TheWrap:*
Republican Congressional Committee Releases Ad Attacking 'Radical' George Soros Just 2 Days After Bomb Attempt
How CNN Scrambled to Stay on Air After Bomb Scare Evacuated NY Headquarters
Jim Carrey Says Clinton, Obama Bombs Were Sent by 'Terrorists' Who Were 'Emboldened' by Trump's 'Hate Speech'
The Florida man who created a two-week crisis by mailing 16 packages of inoperative pipe bombs packed with fireworks powder and shards of glass to 13 famous Democrats and CNN is scheduled to learn his..