Tuesday, 9 July 2019
· Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
· A federal appeals court ruled that President Donald Trump can no longer block his critics on Twitter because it violates the First Amendment. Sad!
· Billionaire and two-time presidential candidate Ross Perot has died at 89 years old.
· Trump has pledged to "very carefully" examine Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta's handling of a controversial, sealed plea deal Acosta formerly cut alleged sex-trafficker-of-minors, Jeffrey Epstein.
· Speaking of accused child molesters, Woody Allen refuses to retire.
· Want to see a sneaky and unapologetic fish swallow a shark whole?
· Fewer than six weeks after a gunman opened fire in Virginia Beach, killing 12, the state's Republican lawmakers ended a special session on gun control legislation without voting on any of the proposals.
· Ariana Grande apparently knew her engagement to "amazing distraction" Pete Davidson was "frivolous and fun and insane and highly unrealistic." Ouch.
· Four young white men were literally unmasked for defacing their high school campus with a litany of hate speech, thanks to smartphones that automatically connected their student IDs to the WiFi network.
· In other, local billionaire news, when you're this rich, you can claim your own reserved parking spot on city streets.
· It's EOD and you know what that means: Capybara hot tub time!
[ more › ]