United States  

Man accused of New Zealand mosque attack seeks to move trial from Christchurch

Reuters Thursday, 15 August 2019
Lawyers for the man accused of shootings at two mosques in New Zealand that killed 51 people in March have asked for the trial to be moved from the southern city of Christchurch, where the attacks took place, a judge said on Thursday.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Video credit: Veuer - Published
News video: Suspect in Norway Mosque Attack Inspired by New Zealand, El Paso Shootings: Report

Suspect in Norway Mosque Attack Inspired by New Zealand, El Paso Shootings: Report 01:15

Message board postings from the man suspected of attacking a mosque in Norway show he was inspired by deadly mass shootings in New Zealand and El Paso, Texas. Veuer’s Justin Kircher has more.

You Might Like


💡 One News Page Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Christchurch Christchurch City in South Island, New Zealand

William supports Christchurch mosque members affected by mass shooting [Video]

William supports Christchurch mosque members affected by mass shooting

The Duke of Cambridge spoke virtually with Imams from Al-Noor and Linwood mosques, following the mass shootings which killed 51 people in March 2019. William has told members of the Christchurch Muslim community who were targeted in a shooting massacre last year “I stand here ready to help you”.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 00:57Published

New Zealand New Zealand Island country in the South Pacific

"It's going to happen again," says former NZ PM Clark [Video]

"It's going to happen again," says former NZ PM Clark

New Zealand's former prime minister Helen Clark warned on Friday (July 10) if the world remained "flat-footed" in its response to pandemics it faces future economic, social and political crisis, after she was appointed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to lead a review of the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:10Published
Jacinda Ardern launches re-election campaign [Video]

Jacinda Ardern launches re-election campaign

With promises of extra financing for small businesses and more jobs as a severe economic downturn looms, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Sunday (July 5) launched her party's campaign ahead of September general election.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:06Published
Entire Wild West Town For Sale – In Rural New Zealand [Video]

Entire Wild West Town For Sale – In Rural New Zealand

An entire wild west town is for sale in rural New Zealand. The USD $7.5 million Mellonsfolly Ranch was built in 2006 ‘for fun’ by a successful New Zealand businessman. It consists of ten period themed buildings that meticulously replicate an 1860s Wyoming frontier town. Set in the heart of a 900-acre ranch, it features a boutique hotel, a licensed saloon, a courthouse that doubles as a cinema, a sheriff’s office and a billiards lounge. New Zealand Sotheby’s say: “the majestic and unique nature of this property has resulted unprecedented global interest.".

Credit: Cover Video STUDIO    Duration: 00:59Published
New Zealand health minister resigns following series of gaffes [Video]

New Zealand health minister resigns following series of gaffes

New Zealand’s health minister has resigned after making a series of personal blunders during the coronavirus pandemic.David Clark had earlier described himself as an “idiot” for breaking the nation’s strict lockdown measures and then last week appeared to blame a beloved health official for border lapses, generating an angry reaction from the public.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 01:20Published

Related videos from verified sources

Attorney For Keon Gray Asks For New Trial In Taylor Hayes Case [Video]

Attorney For Keon Gray Asks For New Trial In Taylor Hayes Case

The attorney for a man found guilty of murder in the 2018 death of a 7-year-old girl has filed a motion for a new trial.

Credit: WJZ Baltimore     Duration: 00:29Published
John Jonchuck requests new trial after first degree murder conviction [Video]

John Jonchuck requests new trial after first degree murder conviction

The man convicted of first degree murder for throwing his daughter off a bridge in 2015 is now asking for a new trial.

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 00:23Published
Man Sought In Random Punching Attack In Brooklyn Subway Station [Video]

Man Sought In Random Punching Attack In Brooklyn Subway Station

Police are trying to find a man accused of a punching a woman at a Brooklyn subway station earlier this month.

Credit: CBS 2 New York     Duration: 00:20Published

Related news from verified sources

5 months on, Christchurch attacker inspires others

SYDNEY (AP) — The attack on a Texas Walmart that left 22 people dead bore all the classic hallmarks of America’s cycle of mass shootings. A lone shooter....
Seattle Times

New Zealand buys back over 10K firearms after Christchurch mosque massacre

The New Zealand government has bought back over 10,000 firearms following the Christchurch attack in March, according to New Zealand officials.
FOXNews.com


Tweets about this