Shelton Jackson "Spike" Lee is an American film director, producer, writer, and actor.
His production company, 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks, has produced over 35 films since 1983.
Lee's movies have examined race relations, colorism in the black community, the role of media in contemporary life, urban crime and poverty, and other political issues.
Lee has received two Academy Award nominations and won numerous other awards, including an Emmy Award as well as the 2013 Gish Prize "for his brilliance and unwavering courage in using film to challenge conventional thinking."
· *"Black-ish" creator Kenya **Barris left ABC in August for a reported $100 million deal with Netflix.*
· *A big reason for his departure was that ABC shelved a "Black-ish" episode that its execs.. Business Insider
· *CBS' chief operating officer, Joseph Ianniello, has taken over as the company's interim CEO after Les Moonves left the company Sunday amid a series of new sexual misconduct allegations.*
·.. Business Insider
In honor of the Emmy Awards, film critics are already predicting the Oscars 2019 Best Pictures. They're using the success rates of films in the festivals to make their judgements. It looks like Bradley..
· *JD.com plunged after its CEO was detained in the US over a sexual-misconduct allegation.*
· *Short sellers made $153 million in profits from the stock decline, which saw shares fall 14% last.. Business Insider