Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur.
He is best known as one of five co-founders of the social networking website Facebook.
Zuckerberg was made the chairman and chief executive of Facebook, Inc. in April 2013. and his personal wealth, as of March 2015, is estimated to be $35.1 billion.
Mark Zuckerberg receives a one-dollar salary as CEO of Facebook.
Together with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, Zuckerberg launched Facebook from Harvard University's dormitory rooms.
The group then introduced Facebook onto other campuses nationwide and moved to Palo Alto, California shortly afterwards.
In 2007, at the age of 23, Zuckerberg became a billionaire as a result of Facebook's success.
The number of Facebook users worldwide reached a total of one billion in 2012.
Zuckerberg was involved in various legal disputes that were initiated by others in the group, who claimed a share of the company based upon their involvement during the development phase of Facebook.
Oooohhhhhh, the Epic Rap Battles of Historical past video guys are again after a two-year hiatus, and they are coming for 2 of probably the most shade-able figures within the tech global: Elon Musk and.. Credit: The News Articles - Published Also reported by •Mashable •The Next Web
· *Facebook is building a "hardware prototype testing facility" to test experimental communications hardware in the New Mexico desert.*
· *Earlier this year, Facebook abandoned plans to build.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Former British spy chief Robert Hannigan has said Facebook could threaten democracy unless it is controlled.*
· *Hannigan was previously chief of the UK's domestic intelligence agency, GCHQ.*
·.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Facebook is in crisis mode, but the company can take major steps to fix both itself and the global community it says it wants to promote. Facebook founder, CEO, and majority shareholder Mark Zuckerberg.. Credit: NiemanLab - Published
· In an open letter addressed to Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Wednesday, contract workers at Google — known internally as TVCs — demanded equal pay and equal opportunity to that of their full-time.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *The Facebook documents paint a picture of a company that is totally ruthless about making money.*
· *They show that Facebook was prepared to stamp on rivals, cut data deals, make decisions that.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. *The chief financial officer of Chinese tech and telecoms giant Huawei has been arrested in Canada at the request of US.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg questioned the business case for giving millions of outside software developers wide access to customer data before endorsing the practice in 2012, according to.. Credit: Reuters - Published
The U.K. Parliament released internal Facebook emails that lawmakers said show how executives at the social-media company, including CEO Mark Zuckerberg, gave some developers special access to user.. Credit: Wall Street Journal - Published
Watch VideoA trove of documents published by a member of the British parliament suggest Facebook leveraged its users data against competitors.
The documents contain emails between senior.. Credit: Newsy - Published
Your individual records has at all times been the important thing to Fb’s trade — and Fb executives, together with CEO Mark Zuckerberg, have used get entry to to that private records to beef up.. Credit: The News Articles - Published
Two years in the past, Mark Zuckerberg donned a VR headset at Cellular Global Congress towards a backdrop that learn “the following platform.” It sparked fervor and massive funding within the VR.. Credit: The News Articles - Published
A cache of interior Fb paperwork launched via a U.Ok. member of Parliament display how CEO Mark Zuckerberg and different executives wrestled with easy methods to monetize their treasured person.. Credit: The News Articles - Published
· Facebook's move to tie groups opposed to the company with billionaire investor George Soros was "completely legitimate," its top public-relations official said Wednesday.
· Elliot Schrage.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Internal Facebook emails released on Wednesday by British Parliament reveal the discussions leading to the "log scraping" practice that collected call and SMS text logs from Facebook users on.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
*Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider's summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.*
*People aren't.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Newly public documents reveal just how paranoid Facebook was of its potential competitors and shines new light on some of the company's most important acquisitions.
The internal documents, made.. Credit: Mashable - Published
· Facebook employees have been using burner phones so they're able to "talk s--t" about the company with their colleagues, BuzzFeed News reports.
· BuzzFeed's story details an atmosphere of distrust.. Credit: Business Insider - Published