Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur.
He is best known as one of five co-founders of the social networking website Facebook.
Zuckerberg was made the chairman and chief executive of Facebook, Inc. in April 2013. and his personal wealth, as of March 2015, is estimated to be $35.1 billion.
Mark Zuckerberg receives a one-dollar salary as CEO of Facebook.
Together with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, Zuckerberg launched Facebook from Harvard University's dormitory rooms.
The group then introduced Facebook onto other campuses nationwide and moved to Palo Alto, California shortly afterwards.
In 2007, at the age of 23, Zuckerberg became a billionaire as a result of Facebook's success.
The number of Facebook users worldwide reached a total of one billion in 2012.
Zuckerberg was involved in various legal disputes that were initiated by others in the group, who claimed a share of the company based upon their involvement during the development phase of Facebook.
· Anand Giridharadas, author of Winners Take All, shares his thoughts on Bezos' latest charity announcement.
· In light of the recent tech backlash, he said, Bezos has an opportunity to become the.. Business Insider
Wired magazine is revealing its 25th anniversary issue with predictions about the future from top tech leaders. "Wired at 25" highlights the innovations of the last quarter century and asks 25 icons of.. CBS News
Wired magazine is revealing its 25th anniversary issue with predictions about the future from top tech leaders. "Wired at 25" highlights the innovations of the last quarter century and asks 25 icons of..
· Marc Benioff and wife Lynne Benioff announced Sunday that they're buying Time magazine for $190 million.
· The acquisition will cost Benioff around 21% of the estimated $900 million he earned from.. Business Insider
It looks like Facebook’s actions to stop the spread of fake news might actually be working.
A new study titled "Trends in the Diffusion of Misinformation on Social Media" from researchers at.. Mashable
· *Facebook's blood donation feature in India risks being abused by black market blood peddlers.*
· *Local blood donation experts told Business Insider the product can be used to illegally sell.. Business Insider
Apple and Facebook are not friends.
We've seen the beef between the two Silicon Valley giants play out over the course of the past year, with Apple CEO Tim Cook making derisive comments about.. Mashable
Facebook Inc. co-founder Mark Zuckerberg has to explain in court why he dropped a plan to create non-voting shares, which would've allowed him to retain control of the world's largest social-media.. Newsmax
Defending against foreign interference in American elections is one of the priorities Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he has been focusing on this year. The issue is highly sensitive, and it is one.. E-Commerce Times
· *Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is an ancient history buff.*
· *He recently discussed his fascination with the Roman emperor Augustus in a New Yorker profile.*
· *Zuckerberg's interest in the.. Business Insider
Marketers have long been intrigued by the potential to zap ads at consumers' phones with precise targeting based on the stores they routinely visit.
It's become a tired ad industry cliche: "Someday,.. Business Insider
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Friday.
*1. Eric Alexander, an executive who was fired from Uber in 2017, has filed a lawsuit against Rachel Whetstone, a well-known and.. Business Insider
Mark Zuckerberg began the year by promising to make Facebook safer from election interference around the world. He has spent most of the rest of the year apologizing for not recognizing the problem.. SFGate
We’re now less than two months out from the US midterm elections, and the pre-emptive assurances about security from social media sites, particularly Facebook, are now colored by a sense of urgency... The Next Web
· In 2016, Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan pledged a $3 billion donation to "cure all disease."
· In a recent interview with The New Yorker, Zuckerberg said the reception he's received is either.. Business Insider
Facebook, in its ongoing battle against the spread of fake news, will start checking the authenticity of photos and video, the company announced on Thursday.
The social network has built internal.. The Wrap
Mark Zuckerberg on Thursday made good on his Rosh Hashana promise to tell the public how he is approaching the toughest issues facing Facebook.
Zuckerberg published a very thorough 3,300 word post.. Mashable
· *Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's CEO and founder, has spent his entire career at one company.*
· *According to The New Yorker, Zuckerberg often relies on COO Sheryl Sandberg to find out how things.. Business Insider