· The Disney-Fox deal closed on Wednesday, meaning Disney now owns Fox's film studio and many of its television assets.
· Disney is already dominant over the box office with the Marvel Cinematic.. Business Insider - Published
According to Comicbook.com, 'Captain Marvel' brought in $69 million at the domestic box office during its second weekend. The film saw a 55% drop from what it received in revenue in its opening weekend..
· The Disney-Fox merger closed Wednesday, and now Disney officially owns Fox's film studio and many of its television assets.
· Disney bought most of Fox's assets last year for $71.3 billion in an.. Business Insider - Published
Stopping by 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' to promote 'Us', the 'Black Panther' actress explains that she is 'going for the darkest things in life' when the show host notes how 'arresting' her.. AceShowbiz - Published
A billionaire construction tycoon has been convicted by a Thai court on charges related to a high-profile poaching case last year but was found not guilty of possessing the carcass of an endangered.. FOXNews.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Lupita Nyong’o spooks fans with her orange contact lenses while promoting her new horror film Us! The 36-year-old Black Panther actress was spotted exiting from her The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.. Just Jared - Published
Free Rein will have a new face when season three rolls around, as Seth Carr has joined the Netflix series. The young star, who you might recognize from Black Panther, will be a series regular on the.. Just Jared Jr - Published
“Sorry to Bother You” star Lakeith Stanfield and “Insecure” creator Issa Rae will star side-by-side in “The Photograph,” a new film for Universal Pictures.
The film is based on an.. The Wrap - Published
There was an interesting real-world subplot that developed last week when the “Avengers: Endgame” trailer dropped. Marvel Studios also released a poster for the film, and every actor whose.. The Wrap - Published
· Marvel Studios has eight release dates set for untitled Marvel Cinematic Universe movies after 2019.
· Not much is known about the MCU's future after "Avengers: Endgame," but there are at least.. Business Insider - Published
“Captain Marvel” continues to dominate the box office in its second weekend, topping the charts with $68.5 million grossed domestically and $119.7 million grossed overseas.
While the domestic.. The Wrap - Published
Marvel Studios’ “Captain Marvel” continues to fly high in its second weekend at the box office, as it is estimated to earn $70 million from domestic receipts after making $19 million on.. The Wrap - Published
[Spoilers ahead for “Captain Marvel.”]
So you’ve seen “Captain Marvel” and now you have a bunch of questions about Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers, her history — and wait who was Marvel….. The Wrap - Published
Efforts by some fragile fanboys to sabotage “Captain Marvel” completely failed — but they did succeed in sparking a few fights that aren’t worth having. We talk about it on the latest “Low.. The Wrap - Published
Angela Bassett visited Jimmy Kimmel Live last night (March 14) and shared that she still gets Black Panther‘s “Wakanda Forever” salute from fans quite frequently. “All the time,” the.. Just Jared - Published
* *Warning: Mild spoilers for **Captain Marvel **lie ahead.* *
Slap a 100% Certified Fresh sticker on my forehead and call me a hype man because I loved Captain Marvel. No ifs, ands, or buts. I just.. Mashable - Published
Last month’s Oscars represented a breakthrough — not only for the diversity of winners, but for a larger idea that has been gaining momentum in recent years: that mass entertainment and deeper.. The Wrap - Published
A victory for Wakandans (and publicists) everywhere!
Following backlash from fans, Marvel Studios has corrected and re-released the official poster for Avengers: Endgame, the first version of.. Mashable - Published
Marvel has added Danai Gurira’s name to the official poster for “Avengers: Endgame” after failing to include her name among all the other Avengers in the first poster released Thursday.. The Wrap - Published
· Marvel Studios apologized on Thursday for leaving Danai Gurira's name off the top of its new "Avengers: Endgame" poster.
· It tweeted a new version of the poster with her name at the top on.. Business Insider - Published
*Update: Disney has since added Danai Gurira’s name to the poster. Read the full story here.*
The new trailer for “Avengers: Endgame” is thrilling fans because of all the action and drama it.. The Wrap - Published
Winston Duke made his debut appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night (March 13)! The 32-year-old actor talked all about growing up in Tobago, making Jordan Peele‘s new thriller Us, and his mom.. Just Jared - Published
With a $153 million opening domestically and $455 million worldwide, “Captain Marvel” is certain to be one of the fastest films to gross $1 billion at the box office. But exactly how fast will.. The Wrap - Published
Marvel Studios has hired Destin Daniel Cretton to direct the Asian-American super hero tent pole based on Marvel Comics’ popular “Shang-Chi” character of the 1970s, an individual with knowledge.. The Wrap - Published
· Film editor Debbie Berman, who has co-edited three Marvel movies including "Captain Marvel," told Business Insider how Marvel Studios is different from other studios.
· "They schedule additional.. Business Insider - Published
Last week’s episode of Drag Race was really good, a sign that the show might be starting to return back to its true form. The main challenge was to act in one of two parodies, based on Black Panther.. Lainey Gossip - Published
· "Captain Marvel" directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck turned to "Black Panther" director Ryan Coogler when they needed to talk to someone about the process of making a movie for the Marvel Cinematic.. Business Insider - Published
· Business Insider spoke with "Captain Marvel" co-editor Debbie Berman, who has also worked on Marvel's "Spider-Man: Homecoming" and "Black Panther."
· Berman talked about how her Marvel experiences.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — “Captain Marvel,” Marvel Studios’ first female-fronted superhero movie, launched with an estimated $153 million domestically and $455 million globally. The result came in at the.. Seattle Times - Published
After two months of mostly sluggish business, the 2019 box office got a huge jolt from the most reliable hitmaker in Hollywood, Disney’s Marvel Studios, as “Captain Marvel” soared to a $153.. The Wrap - Published
Two weeks before “Us” hits theaters, Jordan Peele’s follow-up to “Get Out” screened for the first time Friday night at SXSW in Austin, Texas. And judging by the early reactions from critics,.. The Wrap - Published
Examining the nature of humanity can be a dark and depressing venture, now more than ever. A world that feels divided, one which you fear, becomes your greatest enemy. These are the building blocks for.. The Wrap - Published
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend pose for a photo while attending the first L.A. screening of Jordan Peele‘s new horror film Us on Friday night (March 8) at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood,.. Just Jared - Published
In addition to talking about the 'Dallas Buyers Club' actor, the 'Black Panther' actress opens up about how her '12 Years a Slave' co-stars made her feel protected by the Hollywood community. AceShowbiz - Published
When making “Captain Marvel,” Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige says it was critical that the film have “a female voice behind the camera.” Particularly because the film, like last year’s.. The Wrap - Published