Oculus co-founder Palmer Luckey isn’t in the VR hardware business these days since getting canned by Facebook (he’s focused on smart border security at his new company Anduril) but he still wants.. TechCrunch - Published
Acting U.S. Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said on Saturday he had not yet determined whether a border wall with Mexico was a military necessity or how much Pentagon money would be used. Rough Cut..
President Trump declares national emergency and signs spending bill. The Senate voted 82-16 to pass the 1,159-page bill, averting another government shutdown. It includes $1.375 billion for 55 miles of..
President Donald Trump on Friday declared a national emergency in a bid to fund his promised wall at the U.S.-Mexico border without congressional approval, an action Democrats vowed to challenge as a..
* • The ongoing USD retracement prompts some additional long-unwinding trade. • The prevalent risk-on mood/US-China trade optimism helped limit the downside.*
The USD/CHF pair has.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • On offers for the second straight session amid some renewed USD selling bias. • Bullish oil prices underpin Loonie and add to the ongoing retracement slide.*
The USD/CAD pair.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • US-China trade optimism continues to underpin China-proxy Aussie. • The uptick remains supportive amid some renewed USD selling bias.*
The AUD/USD pair built on the previous.. FXstreet.com - Published
"The advice that ASIO gave was not what was represented on the front page of The Australian newspaper," ASIO boss Duncan Lewis said. Brisbane Times - Published Also reported by •Sydney Morning Herald •The Age
The US president on Friday invoked a “national emergency” to justify tapping military and other funds for barrier construction, after Congress approved less than a fourth the $5.7 billion he had.. WorldNews - Published
· *The Trump administration said levying tariffs would pressure China to address intellectual-property transfer and other policies.*
· *Experts have long seen the second-largest economy as unlikely.. Business Insider - Published
The president declared a national emergency in order to supplement the border security funding provided by Congress this week. The question of an emergency will likely end up at the Supreme Court. NPR - Published
President Trump declared a national emergency over border security, bypassing Congress to divert money from elsewhere in the government to pay for additional barriers along the southern border, a move.. Wall Street Journal - Published
Immigration hawks slammed the border security compromise President Trump signed into law Friday for containing last-minute provisions that they argued gives "amnesty" to many – but a Department of.. FOXNews.com - Published
Following President Trump's declaration of a national emergency over border security, NPR's Mary Louise Kelly talks with Rep. Doug Lamborn, R-Colo., about its impact on funding allocated for military. NPR - Published
Washington D.C., Feb 15, 2019 / 02:00 pm (CNA).- The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops issued a statement Feb. 15 opposing President Donald Trump’s declaration of a national emergency on.. CNA - Published
· SpaceX, the rocket company founded by Elon Musk, is building spaceship prototypes at a launch site in southern Texas.
· The site is less than 3 miles from the US-Mexico border and embroiled in.. Business Insider - Published
President Trump announced in the Rose Garden Friday that he is declaring a national emergency. This follows Congress' vote to approve a budget deal that will prevent another partial government.. CBS News - Published
Pres. Donald Trump (Screenshot) When President Donald Trump held a rally to tout his border security plan in El Paso, Texas on Monday, 70% of the 30,000 registered attendees were Hispanic, a Trump.. CNSNews.com - Published
Additional comments from the U.S. President Trump continue to cross the wires with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
· Will meet with China’s Xi sometime after US-China talks in Washington.. FXstreet.com - Published
Democratic Virginia Rep. Lucy McBath (D-VA) slammed President Donald Trump‘s announcement that he will declare southern border security as a national emergency, and said the real national emergency.. Mediaite - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *Amazon cancels its planned HQ2 in New York City*. The tech giant had announced it would bring 25,000 jobs to a campus in Queens' Long Island City neighborhood... Business Insider - Published
Almost certain legal challenges and likely pushback from some within his own party await the president in the next phase of the ongoing national political battle over border security and immigration. NPR - Published
According to analysts at Deutsche Bank, US President Trump is reportedly going to sign the funding deal today negotiated by House and Senate lawmakers.
“The deal would provide.. FXstreet.com - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Friday.
1. *Amazon cancelled its plans to move its new HQ2 headquarters to New York.* The company said it would not reopen its search for.. Business Insider - Published
· *Gold trades near $1313 during early Friday.*
· *Increasing risks emanating from Brexit, the US-China trade negotiation and the US government shutdown have contributed towards an upside.. FXstreet.com - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress lopsidedly approved a border security compromise that would avert a second painful government shutdown. But a new confrontation has been ignited — this time over.. Seattle Times - Published
Congress lopsidedly approved a border security compromise Thursday that would avert a second painful government shutdown. Money in the bill for border barriers, about $1.4 billion, is far below the.. USATODAY.com - Published
President Trump plans to signal a compromise border security measure Friday and then announce that he is using executive action, including declaring a national emergency, which will get funds to spend.. FXstreet.com - Published