· *Japanese conglomerate and tech investor SoftBank is under scrutiny over its ties to Saudi Arabia, a major backer of its $100 billion Vision Fund.*
· *That is thanks to global outcry over the.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Business Insider reports that Saudi Arabia has pulled its $1 billion investment in Virgin Hyperloop One. This in response to the company joining droves of others who pulled out of the Kingdom's Future..
Here is what you need to know.
*Chinese stocks plunge to 4-year lows. *China's Shanghai Composite tumbled nearly 3% on Thursday to its weakest level since November 2014, with trade-war fears,.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. *Facebook has "tentatively" concluded that spammers, not foreign agents, are to blame for the biggest hack in its history.*.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Saudi Arabia has walked away from its $1 billion Virgin Hyperloop investment, the Financial Times reports.
· The move comes after Virgin Group chairman Richard Branson said he would suspend.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Entrepreneur Richard Branson accepted his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with help from Lance Bass and Ben Harper and stories of "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll." (Oct. 16)
Credit: USATODAY.com - Published
Virgin Hyperloop One was reportedly planning to sign a new hyperloop deal with Saudi Arabia next week, but the country has yanked the agreement after critical comments by minority shareholder and board.. Credit: bizjournals - Published
Two companies facing multiple lawsuits over a summer tourist boat accident in Missouri that killed 17 people have invoked an 1851 law that allows vessel owners to try to avoid or limit legal damages as.. Credit: Seattle Times - Published
LONDON (AP) — Global business leaders are reassessing their ties with Saudi Arabia, stoking pressure on the Gulf kingdom to explain what happened to a dissident writer who disappeared after visiting.. Credit: SeattlePI.com - Published