Shari Redstone (Getty Images/Jerritt Clark) Shari Redstone, the current vice-chair of both CBS and Viacom, is reportedly considering creating a Viacom channel to compete with Fox News. CNSNews.com - Published
· The next stage in the cord-cutting revolution could see streaming services like Netflix and Disney Plus bundled alongside one another, not too differently from the way TV channels are today,.. Business Insider - Published
On the show today: Motorola One Active looks to eliminate the vertical video; UPS and TruSimple take on self-driving semi trucks; Spotify may be looking to raise prices; Florida Atlantic University's..
CBS and Viacom agree to merge after years of discussion. After years of back-and-forth discussions, media giants CBS and Viacom will merge. The new company, ViacomCBS, will be headed by Viacom CEO Bob..
U.S. futures are indicating a sharp decline Wednesday morning as global economic recession indicators mount. China reported a decline in July investment, retail spending and manufacturing. Whether that..
Reports indicated Tuesday morning that CBS ($CBS) and Viacom ($VIA) have reached an agreement in principle to merge, with Viacom shareholders receiving nearly 0.6 CBS shares for each Viacom share they..
Happy Fed decision day! Jim Cramer takes a look at whether or not Jerome Powell's job is safe, Adobe's earnings and whether or not we're truly in the 'golden age of creativity' as Adobe's CEO claims,..
AT&T is not looking to sell DirecTV, John Stankey said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.
“DirecTV is an important part of what we’re going to be doing going forward,” the.. The Wrap - Published
Rooster Teeth, a subsidiary of WarnerMedia’s Otter Media, has revamped its leadership on Tuesday afternoon, with the company adding former AwesomenessTV CEO Jordan Levin as its new general.. The Wrap - Published
WarnerMedia, CBS and Viacom on Wednesday said they would no longer accept advertisements for e-cigarettes and e-cigarette products. Collectively, those three companies represent more than half of that.. The Wrap - Published
Television and streaming channels owned by WarnerMedia, CBS and Viacom will no longer run ads for e-cigarettes or e-cigarette products, including for industry powerhouse Juul, the companies said.. The Wrap - Published
“Empire Star” Terrence Howard may be quitting acting for good.
In an interview with Extra on the set of the Fox drama, Howard told correspondent and current Miss USA Cheslie Kryst that he’s.. The Wrap - Published
One of the first series that will debut after Disney+ launches on Nov. 12 will come from a rival studio in CBS TV Studios, which is behind the Gina Rodriguez-produced “Diary of a Female President.”.. The Wrap - Published
Jim Gianopulos has not had a particularly easy job since taking over as CEO of Paramount Pictures in 2017 — one year after the once-iconic studio had lost more than $450 million.
“Looking back.. The Wrap - Published
· AT&T is under pressure to prove its $85 billion acquisition of Time Warner will pay off, after an activist investor letter called its M&A strategy into question this week.
· The telecom giant's.. Business Insider - Published
Julia Phelps will be the chief communications and corporate marketing officer of ViacomCBS, CBS and Viacom said in a joint announcement Thursday.
The executive vice president will report to Bob.. The Wrap - Published
· *Ad-tech firms like The Trade Desk, ZypMedia and SpotX are hiring salespeople from television networks like Fox Networks Group and Tegna who have relationships with ad buyers and get the decades-old.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning, Entertainment One (eOne) stockholders — it’s been a great morning and early afternoon over in the U.K. for all of you.
Shares of ETO (Entertainment One Ltd.) on the London Stock.. The Wrap - Published
Viacom CEO Bob Bakish is in line to earn $31 million as CEO of the newly-combined ViacomCBS, according to an SEC filing on Monday.
That would represent a jump of 55% from his 2018 pay. Here’s how.. The Wrap - Published
· CBS and Viacom have agreed to reunite, creating another US media powerhouse that could be better positioned to compete with Netflix and media giants Disney and Comcast.
· The deal-making may not.. Business Insider - Published
· CBS and Viacom are already plotting their next acquisition, execs at the two companies suggested on a call this week.
· Business Insider talked to M&A experts about what media, advertising, and.. Business Insider - Published
· Viacom's Bob Bakish is rising in power. He has been chosen to lead ViacomCBS, the new company that would be created through the proposed merger of media companies CBS and Viacom.
· Some Viacom.. Business Insider - Published
Welcome! It's Wednesday. Today, we've got hints of a SNES resurgence on Nintendo's Switch, more vague details on the next-gen Xbox and a $30 billion merger between CBS and Viacom, aimed at standing up.. engadget - Published
After years of on-again, off-again merger talks, broadcast giant CBS Corp. and its corporate sibling Viacom Inc. finally agreed Tuesday to reunite in a $12 billion deal that will bring together such.. SFGate - Published
CBS, Viacom to reunite as media giants bulk up for streaming
NEW YORK (AP) — The newly combined ViacomCBS will invest in more movies and TV shows and try to sell more advertising as it.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· After 13 years apart, CBS and Viacom have agreed to a reunion that would bring together the companies' broadcast networks, cable channels, streaming services, and film and TV studios.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — CBS and Viacom announced a long-anticipated reunion Tuesday, bringing together their television networks and the Paramount movie studio as traditional media giants bulk up to.. SeattlePI.com - Published
In a widely-anticipated move, CBS and Viacom have agreed to reunite. The two media giants split back in 2006, although the Redstone family maintained control through National Amusements, a.. TechCrunch - Published
CBS Corp. and Viacom, once part of the same company, plan to again join forces in a merger to bolster their positions in a rapidly changing entertainment industry. cbs4.com - Published Also reported by •engadget •CBS News
· CBS and Viacom reached a deal on Tuesday to reunite the two companies after 13 years apart.
· The proposed deal, if completed, would create a media giant called ViacomCBS, Inc. with roughly $28.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK -- CBS and Viacom said Tuesday they will reunite, bringing together their networks and the Paramount movie studio as traditional media giants challenge streaming companies like Netflix. Newsday - Published Also reported by •Newsmax
She and her billionaire father went to war but she returned to the fold when she thought two of his ex-girlfriends were taking the old man for millions. She dispensed with two CEOs who mutinied against.. Seattle Times - Published
· CBS and sister company Viacom have agreed to merge in an all-stock deal that would create a combined company with around $28 billion in revenue, the companies announced on Tuesday afternoon.
· The.. Business Insider - Published