After years of on-again, off-again merger talks, broadcast giant CBS Corp. and its corporate sibling Viacom Inc. finally agreed Tuesday to reunite in a $12 billion deal that will bring together such.. SFGate - Published
CBS, Viacom to reunite as media giants bulk up for streaming
NEW YORK (AP) — The newly combined ViacomCBS will invest in more movies and TV shows and try to sell more advertising as it.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· After 13 years apart, CBS and Viacom have agreed to a reunion that would bring together the companies' broadcast networks, cable channels, streaming services, and film and TV studios.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — CBS and Viacom announced a long-anticipated reunion Tuesday, bringing together their television networks and the Paramount movie studio as traditional media giants bulk up to.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
CBS and Viacom announced a long-anticipated reunion Tuesday (Aug. 13), bringing together their television networks and the Paramount movie studio as... Billboard.com - Published Also reported by •The Wrap
In a widely-anticipated move, CBS and Viacom have agreed to reunite. The two media giants split back in 2006, although the Redstone family maintained control through National Amusements, a.. TechCrunch - Published
CBS Corp. and Viacom, once part of the same company, plan to again join forces in a merger to bolster their positions in a rapidly changing entertainment industry. cbs4.com - Published Also reported by •engadget •CBS News
· CBS and Viacom reached a deal on Tuesday to reunite the two companies after 13 years apart.
· The proposed deal, if completed, would create a media giant called ViacomCBS, Inc. with roughly $28.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK -- CBS and Viacom said Tuesday they will reunite, bringing together their networks and the Paramount movie studio as traditional media giants challenge streaming companies like Netflix. Newsday - Published Also reported by •Newsmax
She and her billionaire father went to war but she returned to the fold when she thought two of his ex-girlfriends were taking the old man for millions. She dispensed with two CEOs who mutinied against.. Seattle Times - Published
· CBS and sister company Viacom have agreed to merge in an all-stock deal that would create a combined company with around $28 billion in revenue, the companies announced on Tuesday afternoon.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
The Dodo, the social media brand that has entertained millions with endearing animal videos, continues its push beyond Facebook and YouTube to linear and SVOD platforms.
The company recently.. The Wrap - Published
With its anticipated re-coupling with CBS casting a shadow, Viacom reported third quarter earnings that beat Wall Street forecasts on Thursday.
For the three months ending on June 30, the film and.. The Wrap - Published
“Life in Pieces” alum Thomas Sadoski has joined the cast of the CBS legal drama “Tommy” in a recasting, TheWrap has learned.
The midseason drama stars Edie Falco as a former high-ranking.. The Wrap - Published
Nancy O’Dell is leaving her post at “Entertainment Tonight” after nine years of co-hosting the show.
“Tonight, I’m excited to tell you about the start of a new chapter in my life,”.. The Wrap - Published
CBS and Viacom have reached a “working” agreement on the management structure in the event the two companies complete their long-awaited merger.
Viacom CEO Bob Bakish would take over as CEO of.. The Wrap - Published
Quarterly reports next week from Walt Disney Co, CBS and Viacom will likely highlight increasing competition in video streaming and could spark volatility in the so-called communication services.. Newsmax - Published
Earlier this month, The Information published an article on Netflix’s new spending patterns on content. There’s an important tidbit in the piece, which suggests that a new era of control and.. The Wrap - Published
· *A combination of CBS and Viacom could have the resources needed to compete with Netflix and Disney in the battle to build the biggest and best content portfolio, according to new research from.. Business Insider - Published
· Allen & Co.'s annual conference is happening in Sun Valley, Idaho.
· The Sun Valley conference is legendary for attracting a who's who of billionaires, CEOs, and other power players.
·.. Business Insider - Published
A series adaptation of “The Lincoln Lawyer” from David E. Kelley has been given a series production commitment at CBS, TheWrap has learned.
The “Ally McBeal” creator will write and executive.. The Wrap - Published
· After 13 years apart, CBS is preparing a bid to buy its sister company, Viacom, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
· The deal, if it happens, could bolster CBS's streaming initiatives,.. Business Insider - Published
As CBS Corp. and former sister company Viacom Inc. rekindle talks of a long-anticipated merger, a potential deal could look very different than a year ago, when both sites walked away from the.. The Wrap - Published
· *Viacom shares rose as much as 4% on a report from the Wall Street Journal that CBS is planning to make an offer for the media company.*
· *This would be the third time in four years the media.. Business Insider - Published
Trevor Noah has hired Haroon Saleem, formerly of Ben Stiller’s Red Hour, as president of production for his Day Zero production company.
Noah and Viacom launched Day Zero last year, with Viacom.. The Wrap - Published
· *Shares of Viacom slipped as much as 2% on Friday morning after a report said merger talks with CBS could advance next week. *
· *The CBS board is reportedly worried about Viacom's management.. Business Insider - Published