· *"The Good Place" and "Veronica Mars" star Kristen Bell is providing a welcome boost to La-Z-Boy.*
· *The actress serves as the furniture maker's brand ambassador in its latest advertising.. Business Insider - Published
· A managing director of a luxury safari company says he's seen their clientele become younger and more diverse in the past 14 years thanks to the "millennial tech boom."
· It's no longer only.. Business Insider - Published
El Chapo has been sentenced to life and has been ordered to fork over $12.6 billion dollars. Find out why Tone Kapone says crime doesn't pay. Plus, find out why this Iowa man's Tupac obsession got him..
Credit: Fox TV - Dish Nation Duration: 00:59Published
Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the Mexican drug lord who twice escaped maximum-security prisons in that country, will spend the rest of his life in a U.S. penitentiary, a federal judge said on Wednesday...
Emma Coronel Aispuro, the wife of Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman, arrived at a New York court on Wednesday morning, for the sentencing hearing that is expected to put her convicted drug lord husband behind..
· US investors ploughed $5.3 billion into European tech firms in the first seven months of 2019 — up 40% on the same period last year, according to TechNation research.
· Major deals have included.. Business Insider - Published
· Raoul Pal, former hedge fund manager and founder of Real Vision, sees all hell breaking loose in the US pension system if corporate debt starts to get downgraded due to chain reaction of economic.. Business Insider - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *2 days before he died, Jeffrey Epstein signed a new will putting his $577 million in assets in a trust — $18 million more than he told the court he was.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK – Multimillionaire pervert Jeffrey Epstein signed a will declaring he was worth $577 million only two days before he hanged himself in a federal jail. The 21-page will was filed in a Virgin.. Seattle Times - Published
· The demand for bonds amid recession fears has created what might be "the greatest bubble ever," according to Julian Emanuel, the chief US equity strategist at BTIG.
· He says the Federal Reserve.. Business Insider - Published
· *Jerome Powell is set to give a speech at the annual gathering of central bankers in Jackson Hole, Wyoming this week.*
· *Traders will be listening closely for any hints that the the Federal.. Business Insider - Published
· *President Trump has long said that China is far more affected by the tariffs he's imposed than the US.*
· *Industry watchers have voiced disagreement, saying US consumers and companies are.. Business Insider - Published
· *A Friday Goldman Sachs note contrasted with the controversial General Electric whistleblower report, saying the conglomerate's long-term care reserves "compare favorably to peers."*
· *Analyst.. Business Insider - Published
· *Global markets are rallying today, with Asian markets closing on the up and European markets rising on open.*
· *US equities are looking up after a punishing week which saw a major yield curve.. Business Insider - Published
· $3.2 billion cybersecurity company Cloudflare filed to go public on Thursday.
· Cloudflare's business in China depends on its partnership with Chinese search giant Baidu, and its S-1 filing says.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Wall Street Journal editorial board lambasted the economic policies of White House trade adviser Peter Navarro for the second time in one week on Thursday.*
· *That came a day after a key.. Business Insider - Published
· *AP Moller-Maersk, the world's biggest container shipping company, just gave a stark warning that global trade is slowing down — a sign that the trade war has been crushing the global.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks are set to rally after equities crashed on Wednesday over recession fears. *
· *The Dow fell 800 points on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 and Nasdaq both falling roughly 3%. *
· *Asian.. Business Insider - Published
· *Overstock.com shares tanked after CEO Patrick Byrne released an unusual statement on Monday. *
· *The statement said he assisted in federal investigations surrounding the 2016 presidential.. Business Insider - Published
· WeWork unveiled its filing to go public on Wednesday, publishing a 383-page document that sheds light into the flexible office giant's financials. The company is the first of a new generation of.. Business Insider - Published
WeWork just filed for its highly anticipated S-1 on Wednesday, providing the first in-depth look at the controversial coworking company's financials.
It'll be the most highly valued startup to go.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors often wonder if US stocks can continue to outperform stocks in other regions, or if it's time to shift more of their investments outside the US. Two of the top wealth managers in the US.. Business Insider - Published
· *Greek stocks are on track for their best year in two decades as investors look for the country's new leader, Kyriakos Mitsotakis, to deliver on his campaign promises of investment in economic.. Business Insider - Published
· *Long-shot presidential candidate Andrew Yang wants to revamp the way the government measures the economy.*
· *Yang argues such a measurement should also include a host of other factors: quality.. Business Insider - Published
· *Shares of Apple spiked as much as 6% on Tuesday as part of a market-wide rally in major US stock indexes.*
· *The gains came after the Trump administration announced plans to delay planned.. Business Insider - Published
· US economists at Bank of America Merrill Lynch warn there is a "heightened risk of recession."
· They updated their recession outlook after the recent escalation of the US-China trade war and.. Business Insider - Published
· *Uber's shares tanked on Thursday after its Q2 earnings were revealed. *
· *Also in those company filings were details about Uber's Dutch tax haven.*
· *The Dutch scheme allowed Uber to save.. Business Insider - Published
· *Emerging-market equities saw their largest outflow since 2015 this week as US-China trade tensions spiked, and as concerns over global growth mounted.*
· *Latin America is the most exposed.. Business Insider - Published
· *Dropbox reported second-quarter earnings Thursday fell short of analyst expectations for revenue per user.*
· *Shares fell as much as 14% on the report. *
· *Watch Dropbox trade live on.. Business Insider - Published
· *On Thursday, Microsoft-owned GitHub announced that it will now support CI/CD, the term for a set of automatic processes that allow developers to test and release code faster.*
· *With this.. Business Insider - Published
· *White House trade adviser Peter Navarro compared the Wall Street Journal to a communist newspaper Thursday after its editorial board warned tariffs could upend the longest expansion on.. Business Insider - Published
· *The UK economy contracted for the first time since 2012, as GDP slid 0.2% between April and June.*
· *The Office for National Statistics said a fall in construction and manufacturing output was.. Business Insider - Published
· *17 current and former Goldman Sachs employees are facing criminal charges over their alleged role in the 1MDB scandal, according to Bloomberg. *
· *The scandal is one of the biggest of all.. Business Insider - Published
· *Uber reported second-quarter earnings Thursday that fell short of analyst expectations. *
· *Shares tanked as much as 12% in aftermarket trading on the news. *
· *Uber's CEO Dara Khosrowshahi.. Business Insider - Published
· *Cronos Group fell as much as 5% in early Thursday trading despite surpassing the highest analyst estimate for second-quarter revenue.*
· *The company attributed its quarterly success to the newly.. Business Insider - Published
· *Tim Ellis is the cofounder and CEO of Relativity Space, the first autonomous factory and launch service for rockets. *
· *Relativity created the largest metal 3D printer in the world and has.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US collected $63 billion in tariffs in the year through to June, abut half of which was from new tariffs on China.*
· *But roughly an equal amount of those fresh levies went back on aid to.. Business Insider - Published
· *A surprise increase in American oil stockpiles added fuel to fears of a global recession. *
· *Futures fell as much as 5.8% to a seven-month low on Wednesday, pushing the resource into bear.. Business Insider - Published
· Protesters in Hong Kong have turned to innovative technologies like AirDrop and Tinder to spread information about the ongoing pro-democracy protests, despite increasingly brutal tactics by Hong.. Business Insider - Published
· Ray Dalio, the founder and cochief investment officer of Bridgewater Associates — the world's largest hedge fund — reveals his case for an investment in China, despite its strained relationship.. Business Insider - Published
· *Weight Watchers reported second-quarter earnings that beat expectations Tuesday. It also raised its full year guidance for 2019. *
· *Shares soared more than 22% in early trading on the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Ray Dalio has advised investors to bet on China or risk missing out on their piece of the next global empire.*
· *"Would you have not wanted to have invested in the industrial revolution.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks are set to gain on Wednesday amid a rocky week of escalations in the US-China trade war and global central bank easing. *
· *Global stock traders were in a mixed mood.*
· *"The trade.. Business Insider - Published
· *Disney reported third-quarter financial results after the market close on Tuesday that missed analyst expectations for both revenue and profit. *
· *The conglomerate's movie studio reported.. Business Insider - Published
CHICAGO (AP) — A federal judge has sentenced a former lieutenant to Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo ” Guzman to 28 years in prison after rejecting prosecutors’ claims that he offered.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Four former leaders of the central bank have made a point to warn against the risks of politicized monetary policy. *
· *The warning appeared to be a rebuke of efforts by President Donald Trump.. Business Insider - Published
· The Sand Hill Road set is cautiously opening their doors to the booming cannabis industry by investing in cannabis-related technology, but they aren't touching pure marijuana brands yet.
· A.. Business Insider - Published
· Michael Mauboussin, director of research at BlueMountain Capital Management, asks himself "Who's on the other side?" in order to identify his advantage in a trade.
· He outlines four key market.. Business Insider - Published
· *Take-Two Interactive's strong earnings results helped the company rebound 7.3% from a slump in video game stocks sparked by President Donald Trump's comments linking violent games to mass.. Business Insider - Published
CHICAGO (AP) — Federal prosecutors say a close friend of Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s family offered $25,000 to members of Chicago’s Four Corner Hustlers street gang to.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Bloomberg reported Monday that China directed state buyers to halt imports of US agricultural goods.*
· * That came after President Donald Trump announced plans to escalate tariffs on its.. Business Insider - Published
· *HSBC made the surprising announcement late Sunday that John Flint would be stepping down as CEO after just 18 months in the role.*
· *Following the departure, HSBC confirmed its plan to cut up to.. Business Insider - Published