In Hong Kong, anti-Beijing demonstrators are gearing up for another round of protests, just days before China celebrates 70 years of communist rule. The protests, which were sparked by a controversial.. CBS News - Published
A second day of chaos in Hong Kong's Legislative Council as leader Carrie Lam tried to answer questions about her annual policy address, which she was forced to deliver by video link on Wednesday after..
Hong Kong police fired water cannon, rubber bullets and round after round of tear gas at petrol-bomb and brick-throwing protesters on Sunday in some of the most widespread violence in more than three..
City workers in Hong Kong were busy on Monday, cleaning up after a weekend of sometimes violent protests. Train services resumed after pro-democracy activists vandalize a railway station and shopping..
Hundreds of Hong Kong protesters waving Union Jack flags marched and sang "God Save the Queen", both on the streets and outside the British Consulate on Sunday, demanding that the former colonial power..
Thousands of protesters waving US flags marched on Hong Kong's US Consulate on Sunday. They want the Trump administration's help in ending a three-month stand off with the government. CNN reports the..
German Chancellor Angela Merkel raised the question of Hong Kong during a visit with Chinese Vice Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing, calling for a peaceful solution to end months of protests in Hong Kong..
Hong Kong, China, Sep 22, 2019 / 11:01 am (CNA).- Catholics in Hong Kong are continuing to participate in large-scale protests on the island territory, which have been going on now for over 100.. CNA - Published
Rival groups of demonstrators clashed in Hong Kong in another weekend of mass protests. This is the 15th week of consecutive protests; they started in June over an extradition bill and quickly grew.. CBS News - Published
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam on Tuesday renewed an appeal to pro-democracy protesters to halt violence and engage in dialogue, as the city’s richest man urged the government to.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Hong Kong protesters are calling on Donald Trump to help end their confrontation with the government.*
· *Thousands waved American flags and marched in front of the US consulate on.. Business Insider - Published
Police stood guard at Hong Kong's international airport on Saturday to deter protesters from interrupting service. The protests began back in June over a proposed extradition bill that has since been.. CBS News - Published
· *Fitch Ratings downgraded Hong Kong's credit status on Friday after months of protests have brought into question the city's "one country, two systems" framework. *
· *Fitch lowered the city's.. Business Insider - Published
Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam on Thursday insisted the decision to withdraw the controversial extradition bill that sparked months of tense protests was her government’s own decision, and not.. FOXNews.com - Published
· *With Washington and Beijing confirming that trade talks are back on in October, markets in Asia rocketed higher on Thursday.*
· *Markets in China, Japan, Korea, and Australia all closed higher,.. Business Insider - Published
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam says the extradition bill that sparked months of demonstrations will be formally withdrawn in the legislative council without the need for debate or vote... Seattle Times - Published
Hong Kong, China, Sep 4, 2019 / 03:49 pm (CNA).- Despite Hong Kong’s chief executive announcing that she will withdraw a controversial extradition bill, protests are continuing, with demonstrators.. CNA - Published
· *Stocks rallied on Wednesday as a series of geopolitical risks across Europe and Asia appeared to soften. *
· *Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam said she withdrew the controversial extradition.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks moved broadly higher on Wall Street Wednesday as investors pivoted to riskier holdings a day after taking shelter from the latest salvos in the ongoing trade war between the.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor has formally withdrawn an extradition bill that spurred months of protests in the -More- SmartBrief - Published Also reported by •Newsday •USATODAY.com •MarketWatch •FOXNews.com
· *Tiffany & Co will be celebrating the death of Hong Kong's extradition bill.*
· *The jeweler lost six days of sales last quarter after shutting its stores due to mass protests sparked by the.. Business Insider - Published
1. *Hong Kong stocks are surging after leader Carrie Lam scrapped the extradition bill that sparked months of protest.* At Wednesday's close, the Hang Seng finished up 3.9%. Numerous luxury real-estate.. Business Insider - Published
SP Angel – Morning View – Wednesday 04 09 19 Political news from Asia and Europe prop up the risk sentiment MiFID II exempt information – see disclaimer below KEFI Minerals* (LON:KEFI) –.. Proactive Investors - Published
· *Global stocks surged on Wednesday after Britain's Parliament voted to block Prime Minister Boris Johnson from pulling the UK out of the EU without a deal.*
· *Traders celebrated reports.. Business Insider - Published
· *Hong Kong's stocks rallied on close as Carrie Lam, chief executive of Hong Kong, is set to remove the controversial extradition bill. *
· *Thousands of protesters marched against the bill for.. Business Insider - Published