Some 2.4per cent of votes were in favour of the ban. A second proposal that called for a study of the extent to which Amazon`s "Recognition" service harmed civil rights and privacy garnered 27.5.. Zee News - Published
Amazon won the right to continue to sell controversial facial recognition software.
Two shareholder proposals about the software were voted down at the company's shareholder meeting on Wednesday.
The NYPD is facing criticism over its use of celebrity photos in facial recognition practices. A report shows police have used photos of Hollywood stars and even a Knicks player to help track suspects...
On today's episode: The S.F. Board of Supervisors voted to ban facial recognition technology, the OnePlus 7 Pro is a departure from the company's past, Amazon's new air-cargo hub, Uber has a new mode..
OnePlus earlier this month unveiled its new flagship smartphone, the OnePlus 7 Pro, which offers multiple attractive and unique features along with an affordable price tag.
MacRumors videographer.. MacRumours.com - Published
Amazon rejected two proposals at its annual shareholders meeting that would regulate its "Rekognition" software. The meeting came as lawmakers in Washington blasted facial recognition technology for.. CBS News - Published
Beijing, China, May 23, 2019 / 03:01 pm (CNA).- As the 30th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square protests approaches, the Chinese Communist Party is utilizing authoritarian tactics old and new to crack.. CNA - Published
· Huawei's placement on the US government's trade blacklist will likely require the Chinese tech giant to rethink the way it develops key products across its smartphone, laptop, and wearable.. Business Insider - Published
· *Chinese tech giant Huawei has become the focus of a geopolitical flashpoint in US-China relations.*
· *At a delicate time for the company, Getty photographer Kevin Frayer was given privileged.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *UK chipmaker ARM told staff to suspend business with Huawei, according to an internal memo seen by the BBC.* The move could.. Business Insider - Published
· Nearly 8,000 employees have signed an open letter asking Amazon to commit to become a climate-change leader instead of a climate change contributor.
· They expected to present their ideas directly.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Despite pressure from civil rights groups, activist investors and its own employees, Amazon said Wednesday that shareholders at an annual meeting in Seattle voted against proposals.. SeattlePI.com - Published
The first in a series of congressional hearings on [INS: facial recognition :INS] technology took place on Wednesday, and it brought about a rare occurrence in Washington: agreement between Democrats.. Mashable - Published
A bipartisan group of lawmakers is calling for regulations to restrict the use of facial recognition technology before "it gets out of control," according to the Washington Post. Members of the.. engadget - Published
Amazon will sell its facial-recognition technology to whomever it damn well pleases thank you very much.
That message was loud and clear Wednesday morning at the company's annual shareholder.. Mashable - Published Also reported by •engadget
Amazon.com said shareholders rejected proposals to curb and audit its facial recognition service, just as members of Congress indicated there was bipartisan support to one day regulate the technology. Newsmax - Published Also reported by •TechCrunch
· Two shareholder proposals about Amazon's controversial facial recognition technology were voted down at the company's shareholder meeting on Wednesday.
· One proposal would have prevented the.. Business Insider - Published
· Amazon's annual shareholder's meeting took place on Wednesday.
· Amazon didn't livestream it or allow any cameras inside, but there was still a lot of media interest, thanks to a number of.. Business Insider - Published
· *Many Chinese tech firms are equipping the country's farms with artificial intelligence, facial recognition, and blockchain technologies to monitor their pigs' health.*
· *But none of this has.. Business Insider - Published
· *An Australian man won a landmark case against his employer after he was fired for refusing to hand over his biometric data to his employer.*
· *Jeremy Lee from Queensland, Australia, was fired.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Trump administration's decision to blacklist Chinese tech firm Huawei could have an unintended victim: Apple.*
· *Chinese citizens are calling for an Apple boycott on social media, which.. Business Insider - Published
Welcome to your weekly Advertising and Media Insider newsletter, where we catch you up all the big stories we worked on this past week.
The direct-to-consumer boom was a big theme in our.. Business Insider - Published
· *You can customize the keyboard on your iPad by changing where it appears on screen by long-pressing the Minimize Keyboard button.*
· *You can also split the keyboard to either side of the.. Business Insider - Published
The state of California's legislature is considering a new bill that would ban the use of facial recognition technology in police body cameras, according to CNBC. The proposal, which has already passed.. engadget - Published
· Apple has released new versions of its 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro laptops with improved keyboards that it says will fix some issues customers have experienced.
· The company is also expanding.. Business Insider - Published
· *Amazon shareholders will stage an unprecedented vote on Wednesday on whether to stop the company from selling its facial recognition technology to government agencies.*
· *Activist shareholders.. Business Insider - Published
· *You can use the Find My iPhone app or website to find your iPad at any time. *
· *You can keep track of the location of up to five other iOS devices as well, including phones and iPads that.. Business Insider - Published
· *The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) published an open letter addressing Amazon investors ahead of the company's shareholders' meeting on Wednesday.*
· *The letter urges shareholders to vote.. Business Insider - Published
· Business Insider uncovered a network of YouTube videos promoting Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), which proponents claim can be used to "cure" conditions from autism, to cancer, to malaria.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei told Chinese media on Tuesday that the company is "fully prepared" for a clash with the US, which he considers inevitable as the company works towards becoming a global tech.. Business Insider - Published
· Huawei has had its restrictions around conducting business in the US scaled back.
· Last week, the US Commerce Department added Huawei to an "entity list" that blacklisted the company from buying.. Business Insider - Published
· *You can change your Mac desktop background to one of Apple's preloaded options from the "System Preferences" menu.*
· *You can also set one of your own images, or a folder of images, to use.. Business Insider - Published
· Facebook chief technology officer, Mike Schroepfer, has been in charge of trying to rid the social platform of false and dangerous content.
· In a recent interview with the New York Times,.. Business Insider - Published
This week could mark a significant setback for Amazon’s facial recognition business if privacy and civil liberties advocates — and some shareholders — get their way. Months earlier, shareholders.. TechCrunch - Published
· Chinese tech firm Huawei has been blacklisted in the US.
· Before its business ban, I got some hands-on time with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone.
· It's a great mobile device, and the US.. Business Insider - Published