The EU may impose strict limits on the use of facial recognition technology. According to Financial Times, the European Commission is working on laws that would give citizens explicit rights over their.. engadget - Published
· *Chinese technology expert Matthew Brennan shared a TikTok video which appears to show a woman in China paying for a drink from a vending machine using facial recognition — with no sign of card or.. Business Insider - Published
A picture of every California state legislator was run through a facial-recognition program that matches facial images to a database of 25,000 criminal mugshots, the American Civil Liberties Union of..
Credit: CBS 13 Sacramento Duration: 00:38Published
Heavy sleeper? Don't leave your iPhone lying around. A team of security researchers exposed a vulnerability with the FaceID facial recognition system. According to Digital Trends, the researchers used..
*Greater smart device penetration in Asia-Pacific expands the market for mobile biometrics*
SINGAPORE, Aug. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Governments across *Asia-Pacific* are investing heavily in.. PR Newswire Asia - Published
· Apple is expected to release three iPhones again this fall.
· One of the most notable changes expected is a new three-lens camera system.
· Other potential updates could include the ability to.. Business Insider - Published
*National footprint for comprehensive law enforcement partnership expected to be reached in 2020*
*COLUMBIA, MD / ACCESSWIRE / August 21, 2019 / *Rekor Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:REKR) ("Rekor"), a.. Accesswire - Published
Israel is using facial recognition software at checkpoints where Palestinians enter the country — speeding the commute for some, but prompting concerns about the technology and the occupation. NPR - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *Facebook is finally going to allow users to "disconnect" the information that other websites are sharing with Facebook about.. Business Insider - Published
· Traditional luxury carmakers like Aston Martin and Porsche are creating bonafide fully-electric supercars.
· Smaller companies, such as Dendrobium and Aspark, have also been entering the field.. Business Insider - Published
· *Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has made facial recognition part of his campaign platform.*
· *As part of a sweeping set of promises on criminal justice reform, Sanders says he.. Business Insider - Published
· Representatives from as many as a dozen states met with DoJ officials to discuss a multi-state effort to investigate big tech companies like Facebook and Google.
· The states may announce their.. Business Insider - Published
· *A new Netflix original documentary, "The Great Hack," provides an inside look into the Cambridge Analytica scandal as it unfolds, with exclusive interviews from whistleblowers and.. Business Insider - Published
SEATTLE (AP) — Amazon has announced its facial recognition program used by one Washington state police agency can now detect emotion, generating concerns from privacy advocates.
KING-TV reported.. SeattlePI.com - Published
With all of the progress we’ve seen in deep learning tech in the past few years, it seems pretty inevitable that security cameras become smarter and more capable in regards to tracking, but there are.. TechCrunch - Published
Improving the comfort and security of your home has become easier than ever, with the help of wireless indoor cameras.
These versatile little gadgets can help you keep tabs on who is entering and.. Mashable - Published
· *Lenovo's 7th-generation ThinkPad X1 Carbon laptops are lighter than Apple's MacBook Air, have bigger screens, run on better processors, and don't cost much more.*
· *They also have a classic,.. Business Insider - Published
The facial recognition tool has faced much backlash. With the inclusion of "Fear," there are now eight emotions integrated into the software.
Read more here. Read more...
More about Tech, Amazon,.. Mashable - Published Also reported by •SeekingAlpha
Exposed passwords are bad enough. But fingerprint and facial recognition data? That’s terrifying.
Suprema's Biostar 2 biometric security system came under scrutiny after vpnMentor and two.. Mashable - Published
Amazon says its contentious facial recognition technology can now detect fear in people's faces. That makes it the eighth emotion it can identify along with happiness, sadness, anger, surprise,.. engadget - Published
The ACLU, which wants to ban facial recognition technology in police body cameras, says that its own tests of the technology mistakenly flagged 26 California lawmakers as criminals. More than half of.. engadget - Published
A biometrics system used by banks, UK police and defence companies has suffered a major data breach, revealing the fingerprints of more than one million people as well as unencrypted passwords, facial.. engadget - Published
· Amazon Web Services has added several new features to its facial-recognition technology, Rekognition.
· This includes expanded age-recognition capabilities and the new ability to recognize.. Business Insider - Published
· *The iPad is largely considered to be the best tablet you can buy, but there are multiple models available, which can make it difficult to choose the right one for you.*
· The iPad Air and iPad.. Business Insider - Published
· *Google's Nest Hello Video Doorbell and Nest Hub smart display (formerly the Google Home Hub) are two good devices for smart home veterans and newbies alike. *
· *For a limited time, when you.. Business Insider - Published
· Amazon's Ring video-doorbell company has partnerships with dozens of local police departments giving them access to the locations of Ring doorbells in nearby neighborhoods.
· An incoming college.. Business Insider - Published
Skeptical about the security of Apple's Face ID? This news won't help.
As Threatpost reports, researchers from Chinese tech giant Tencent showed at the Black Hat USA conference on Wednesday how.. Mashable - Published
Facebook is facing exposure to billions of dollars in potential damages as a federal appeals court on Thursday rejected Facebook’s arguments to halt a class action lawsuit claiming it illegally.. TechCrunch - Published
During the Black Hat USA conference in Las Vegas, researchers demonstrated a Face ID bypass method that used glasses and tape to unlock and infiltrate the iPhone of an "unconscious".. MacRumours.com - Published
A federal court said Facebook users in Illinois can sue the company over face recognition technology. Facebook said users can choose to turn off the feature. It plans to seek a review of the ruling. NPR - Published
When David Hiller’s two daughters checked into Camp Echo, a bucolic sleep-away camp in Upstate New York, they relinquished their cellphones for seven idyllic weeks away from their digital lives. But.. Seattle Times - Published
Facebook users now have the green light to sue the company over its use of facial recognition tech. The 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled in the plaintiffs' favor 3-0 after.. engadget - Published
A federal appeals court on Thursday rejected Facebook Inc's effort to undo a class action lawsuit claiming that it illegally collected and stored biometric data for millions of users without their.. Reuters - Published