OCALA, Fla. (AP) — A man convicted of firing a gun in a Florida veterans clinic has been sentenced to 17 years and three months in federal prison. Court records show that 63-year-old Stephen Cometa.. Seattle Times - Published
EAGLE RIVER, Alaska (AP) — At a small office in an Eagle River church, nearly a dozen federal employees are working to both mitigate problems and manage expectations of those seeking help after the.. Seattle Times - Published
Thousands who have federal contract jobs, like janitors and security officers, were furloughed and have not received back wages as federal employees did, Amelia Santaniello reports (0:37). WCCO 4 News..
Credit: CBS 4 WCCO Minnesota Duration: 00:36Published
President Donald Trump said on Thursday if there is no money to build his wall 'it doesn't work' after U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said there would be no wall money as a bipartisan negotiating team..
Today, we have an all-important US nonfarm payrolls report due for the month of February, and as we get closer to the release time, here are the expectations as forecasted by the economists and.. FXstreet.com - Published
On Friday, the US employment report will be released at 13:30 GMT. According to analysts from TDS, the data, be good or bad, should reaffirm that the US Dollar is the best game in town at this time... FXstreet.com - Published
After a system integration in early February, the merger between the two Dallas-based credit unions is complete.
DALLAS (PRWEB) February 22, 2019
Neighborhood Credit Union and Dallas Federal.. PRWeb - Published
Federal employees will shoot about 75 of the 100 or so deer over two years, beginning Wednesday, to cull the herds at the William Floyd Estate in Mastic Beach, according to the National Park Service. Newsday - Published
· *President Donald Trump argued the 35-day partial government shutdown, the longest in US history, helped him make his point about the US-Mexico border, according to a New York Times report published.. Business Insider - Published
Shutdowns magnify fatigue-related risks among air traffic controllers and TSA officers
DARIEN, Ill. (PRWEB) February 13, 2019
Following the longest federal government shutdown in U.S. history,.. PRWeb - Published
Union of Authority Employees denounces Federal Labor Relations Authority Chairman’s decision to end the Agency’s nearly 40-year bargaining relationship with the Union.
WASHINGTON (PRWEB).. PRWeb - Published
The government shutdown and resulting furloughs of workers touched off a wave of searches on private jobs websites, though there’s no evidence it led to an actual exodus from the federal.. Wall Street Journal - Published
· *Ubisoft, creator of the upcoming video game "Tom Clancy's The Division 2," has issued an apology after a mass marketing email invited players to "see what a real government shutdown looks.. Business Insider - Published
Despite feeling their jobs are less secure than those held by federal employees, private sector staffers say they'd rather work for a corporation than in public service. According to a recent survey by.. bizjournals - Published
· *The economy added 304,000 jobs in January, significantly more than economists had expected.*
· *Average hourly earnings rose 3.2% from a year earlier. *
· *The partial government shutdown.. Business Insider - Published
· *Economists forecast the US added 165,000 jobs in January.*
· *Wage gains were expected to hold above 3%.*
· *The partial government shutdown could have affected numbers, however.*
.. Business Insider - Published
The Barclays Research Team offer a sneak peek at what to expect from today”s *US labor market report* due at 1330 GMT, with the central focus likely to be on the wage growth.
*Key.. FXstreet.com - Published
House Democrats on Wednesday shot down a Republican proposal to block federal employees disciplined for sexual misconduct from receiving the same pay rise as other federal workers. FOXNews.com - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Democratic-controlled House has passed a 2.6 percent pay raise for civilian federal employees. Lawmakers say the raise shows respect for a workforce that just endured a 35-day.. Seattle Times - Published
· Stocks have surged over the last few weeks, but investors remain worried about a recession.
· December's market drop shocked holiday shoppers and manufacturing is weakening, but employers are.. Business Insider - Published
Donald Trump's longtime associate Roger Stone has been indicted, so Late Show host Seth Meyers took "A Closer Look" at the events surrounding his arrest.
A known threatener of dogs, Stone was.. Mashable - Published
Thousands of federal employees returned to work on Long Island Monday to piles of unfinished business after the 35-day partial shutdown and the realization they could face another furlough in less than.. Newsday - Published
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Anticipating possible additional federal government shutdowns, Oregon’s Senate president has prepared a bill that will allow federal employees who are working but not being paid.. Seattle Times - Published
The U.S. economy was expected to lose $3 billion from the partial federal government shutdown over President Donald Trump's demand for border wall funding, congressional researchers said on Monday as.. Reuters - Published
More than one hundred federal employees arrived for work Wednesday at San Francisco International Airport without expectation of pay as the longest government shutdown in U.S. history entered its 33rd.. bizjournals - Published
· *A 35-day partial government shutdown ended Friday.*
· *With hundreds of thousands of federal employees furloughed or forced to work without pay, it delayed economic activity. *
· *About $3.. Business Insider - Published
The U.S. economy took a hit from the 35-day partial federal government shutdown over President Donald Trump's demand for border wall funding, but much of the lost ground will be made up now that.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Newsmax
Hundreds of thousands of federal employees returned to work Monday morning after missing paychecks for more than a month during the longest-ever government shutdown -- but fears of another.. FOXNews.com - Published
Furloughed federal employees are return to their jobs Monday for the first time in 35 days. As they are getting life back to normal, President Trump is threatening yet another shutdown if he doesn't.. CBS News - Published