· *Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has fallen from the job-review site Glassdoor's ranking of the top 100 CEOs.*
· Musk ranked 49th in 2018 and 8th in 2017, based on ratings from SpaceX.. Business Insider - Published
Workers at Volkswagen Group's Chattanooga, Tenn., assembly plant are voting on whether to unionize. According to Automotive news, more than 1,700 workers will go to the polls Wednesday through Friday..
European shares followed Asian stocks higher on Monday after the United States shelved plans to impose tariffs on Mexico. But, as Francis Maguire reports, China's yuan dropped due to lower imports than..
According to a report by Reuters, on Sunday, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said it was vital that Renault and Nissan Motor strengthen their alliance as the auto industry undergoes rapid change..
After the closing bell on Thursday, Beyond Meat reported first-quarter earnings that beat analysts' expectations. Business Insider reports it was the company's first earnings release after its initial..
SALINE, Mich. (AP) — About 1,900 workers at a key auto parts plant near Detroit have ended a nine-hour strike after reaching a tentative deal with a parts supply company.
Members of the United.. SeattlePI.com - Published
TOKYO (AP) — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. shareholders approved on Friday the ouster of Carlos Ghosn, who was pivotal in the Japanese automaker's three-way partnership with Nissan and Renault until he was.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· Waymo, Renault, and Nissan announced a plan to explore mobility services in France and Japan.
· Waymo has already joined with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Jaguar Land Rover.
· "This is an ideal.. Business Insider - Published
In today’s auto industry, having a good public image can cause about the same impact on customers as having a good product to sell. And a good public image can be achieved by any means, including by.. autoevolution - Published
· *Aurora Innovation has raised $600 milion as part of a Series B funding round from Kia and Hyundai.*
· *Baillie Gifford, Tesla's top shareholder after CEO Elon Musk, also participated,.. Business Insider - Published
· Auto sales, particularly in the US, have been booming for years. Automakers have been positing healthy profits, but now concern has developed about "Peak Car," the idea that worldwide auto sales.. Business Insider - Published
PARIS (AP) — France’s finance minister says the government didn’t oppose a merger deal between carmaker Renault and Italian-American rival Fiat Chrysler. Speaking on FranceInfo news broadcaster,.. Seattle Times - Published
Businesses showing discontent with Trump's trade policies
WASHINGTON (AP) — Business groups, already uncomfortable with Trump's attempts to stem immigration, are struggling to figure out.. SeattlePI.com - Published
PARIS (AP) — Renault’s chairman has expressed his frustration with the French government, a majority shareholder, which he says resisted a merger deal proposed by Fiat Chrysler. Jean-Dominique.. Seattle Times - Published
As you’re aware, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is investing $4.5 billion in five Michigan plants to meet the growing demand for crossovers and SUVs and to introduce two new models. One of those newcomers.. autoevolution - Published
Just days after breaking off merger talks with French carmaker Renault, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has reached an agreement to source self-driving technology from Palo Alto startup Aurora.. SFGate - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times
It's no secret that Fiat Chrysler has to face the temptation of Hellcat-ing everything. However, while this has led to the migration of the supercharged HEMI from the Dodge twins to the Jeep Grand.. autoevolution - Published
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Aurora announced on Monday that they have signed a memorandum of understanding for a deal to integrate Aurora's self-driving system in FCA's commercial vehicles. It's.. MotorAuthority - Published
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is getting ready to launch a new EcoDiesel engine for the 1500 pickup, one that will to transform the model into the most powerful half-ton machine currently on the American.. autoevolution - Published
As the transportation industry is headed for an acute shortage of drivers in the coming years, carmakers doing business in the transport sector are looking for ways to replace them by integrating.. autoevolution - Published
Aurora, the autonomous vehicle technology startup backed by Sequoia Capital and Amazon, has struck a deal with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to develop self-driving commercial vehicles. The partnership.. TechCrunch - Published
FUKUOKA, Japan (AP) — France's finance minister, Bruno Le Maire, says the French government's priority as a shareholder in automaker Renault SA is to fortify its alliance with Nissan.
Le Maire.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Commentary from businesses around the US shows disputes between the US and key trading partners Mexico and China are chipping away at sentiment.*
· *The Federal Reserve's latest Beige Book, a.. Business Insider - Published
PARIS — It was supposed to be a transformative merger in an industry facing intractable challenges. But Fiat Chrysler and Renault ran headlong last week into a familiar problem in France: the.. SFGate - Published
Starting on July 20th, the owners of 343,000 pickups trucks from the 2019 and 2020 model years will be notified by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles about a bit of a problem. Their workhorses are equipped with.. autoevolution - Published
DETROIT (AP) — Fiat Chrysler is recalling nearly 343,000 Ram pickup trucks worldwide because the air bags may not inflate in a crash.
The recall covers the Ram 1500 mainly from the 2019 model.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Here is what you need to know.
1. *It's jobs day in America*. Economists surveyed by Bloomberg forecast that the employment report for May will show that nonfarm payrolls increased by 175,000 and.. Business Insider - Published
· *Fiat Chrysler's proposed merger with Renault, which promised to create the world's third-biggest car company, collapsed on Thursday.*
· *The deal fell apart due to the French government's.. Business Insider - Published
TOKYO (AP) — Nissan wasn't consulted on the proposed merger between its alliance partner Renault and Fiat Chrysler, but the Japanese automaker's reluctance to go along may have helped bring about the.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times