A Los Angeles judge decreed that members of a white supremacist group were protected by constitutional free speech despite their advocacy for violence. Anti-racist organizations fear the ruling could.. Christian Science Monitor - Published
According to a report by Uproxx, in his first in-depth interview since being fired, and then subsequently re-hired, by Disney, James Gunn said that he blamed himself for the 'unintentional consequences..
This week, Facebook and its subsidiary Instagram banned a number of far-right figures, including white supremacists and conspiracy theorists. According to Gizmodo, it was to rid itself of people like..
From Stockton high school student to sex worker, telling one teenager's story became a battle over free speech. KPIX 5's Betty Yu caught up with the student right before her debut as a stripper in San..
President Donald Trump Friday insisted he will not fire counselor Kellyanne Conway after a federal watchdog agency said she should be dismissed for repeated violations of the federal Hatch Act and that.. Newsmax - Published
· *Everyone has bad workplace habits.*
· *Whether you realize it or not, they could be driving your coworkers nuts.*
· *You're best avoiding certain habits at work, like eating smelly food at your.. Business Insider - Published
President Donald Trump's White House press shop was quick to respond to the news that the Office of Special Counsel has called for Kellyanne Conway's firing for repeated violations of federal law by.. Mediaite - Published
Three weeks after Facebook refused to remove a doctored video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slurring her words, Mark Zuckerberg is getting a taste of his own medicine: fake footage showing him gloating.. SFGate - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com
Anyone who has traveled to Hong Kong knows how ubiquitous the Octopus Card is. Distributed by a company which is majority owned by the Hong Kong government, the cards are used to pay for everything.. TechCrunch - Published
· Google CEO Sundar Pichai reportedly sent an email to LGBTQ employees saying the company would be taking a "hard look" at its harassment policies and work more closely with internal LGBTQ groups.
·.. Business Insider - Published
· The Microsoft antitrust trial of the 1990s has important lessons for government regulators as they decide what to do about companies that dominant the tech industry today, two central players in the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Google CEO Sundar Pichai said in an Axios interview on Sunday that YouTube is not "where we want to be" in terms of regulating harmful content on its platform.*
· *Pichai said YouTube is trying.. Business Insider - Published
· YouTube had one of the roughest weeks in recent memory after Vox journalist Carlos Maza accused the platform of letting conservative star Steven Crowder continually harass him with homophobic.. Business Insider - Published
· *Google is facing backlash from the LGBTQ+ community in San Francisco following a controversial decision by YouTube this week.*
· *The Google-owned streaming video platform cited free speech.. Business Insider - Published
· *YouTube is refusing to take action after Vox Media journalist Carlos Maza detailed the homophobic abuse he receives from YouTuber Steven Crowder.*
· *Crowder has called Maza a "lispy queer" among.. Business Insider - Published
The sponsor of the Hempfest "protestival" has sued the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board over an allegedly "vague and confusing" bulletin they say violates free-speech guarantees, particularly.. Seattle Times - Published
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A federal judge has dismissed charges against three alleged members of a white supremacist group accused of inciting violence at California political rallies last year. Judge.. Seattle Times - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — In California, Heather Del Castillo offered tips on natural eating as a health coach. But in Florida, the title didn't qualify her to give nutrition advice.
After getting a.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Google’s stance on free expression and other fundamental rights should not be taken seriously given its situational ethics and highly flexible commitment to democratic values when it comes to doing.. Seattle Times - Published
COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) — Several journalists and community organizers in Baltimore have sued to challenge a Maryland law’s ban on broadcasting digital recordings of criminal court proceedings. The.. Seattle Times - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is ruling against an Alaska resident in a case that affects people arrested by law enforcement officers who want to sue and claim their arrest was retaliation for.. Seattle Times - Published
“I never wanted to be here. I don’t think I want to be here. I am frightened to be here.” These are not words you would expect to hear someone say as he is about to be given a prestigious award.. Seattle Times - Published
Aberdeen, Scotland, May 24, 2019 / 01:01 am (CNA).- A pro-life group at the University of Aberdeen has been granted affiliation by the school's student association, a month after filing a lawsuit.. CNA - Published
A Reddit user who faced a legal fight to reveal their identity has been allowed to stay anonymous, a court has ruled.
The user, who posts with the name "Darkspilver," was represented by the.. Mashable - Published
The U.S. government is going after Julian AssangeAgain.
The Wikileaks founder and current resident of a London jail cell was charged Thursday under the 102-year-old Espionage Act, with 18 separate.. Mashable - Published
The four electors, three of whom voted for Colin Powell, argued that a state infringes on their free speech rights and interferes with a federal electoral process. A Superior Court judge and the state.. Seattle Times - Published
For a brief moment, it looked like Dave Rubin had scored a great “get” for his popular politics-focused YouTube channel: an hour-long sit-down with 2020 presidential hopeful and South Bend,.. The Wrap - Published
Dave Rubin doesn’t want to have the same conversations that political talking heads are having on cable news — and while a recent effort to book 2020 Democratic presidential contender Pete.. The Wrap - Published