Alaska Air Group is poised to reveal its first quarter earnings, and airline analysts predict that the nation's fifth-largest airline may have suffered a tough first quarter. The government shutdown,.. bizjournals - Published
DALLAS (AP) — United Airlines said Tuesday that its first-quarter profit doubled to $292 million as it carried more passengers and limited costs other than fuel.
The results beat Wall Street.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times •MyNorthwest.com
When the March jobs report lands on Friday, LendingTree Chief Economist Tendayi Kapfidze told Cheddar he expects quite a different economic outlook than the disappointing February report provided. "We..
Consumer sentiment rose more than expected to 97.8 in the first half of March, says Business Insider. Increasing optimism was reportedly concentrated among lower- and middle-class households. The gains..
Tim Anderson, managing director at TJM Investments, talked to TheStreet about the impact of positive headlines on U.S.-China trade talks, and what he's seeing in the markets Friday, March 15. "I think..
President Donald Trump on Monday called for spending more money on the military and a U.S.-Mexico border wall while overhauling social programs for the poor in a budget plan that sets the stage for his..
· *The initial-public-offering market is ramping back up after seeing its quietest quarter in three years.*
· *Healthcare listings are dominating the slate of new companies coming to market this.. Business Insider - Published
· First-quarter earnings are about to gear up, and Morgan Stanley's chief US equity strategist is warning that the market is set for a "gut check."
· Michael Wilson says investors will be.. Business Insider - Published
First quarters are often slow times for initial public offerings and acquisitions, but this year's was hampered even further by the longest federal government shutdown in U.S. history, a hiatus that.. bizjournals - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Tuesday:
Boeing Co., down $5.48 to $369.04
The plane maker's deliveries tumbled in the first quarter after two deadly.. SeattlePI.com - Published
DALLAS (AP) — The Latest on the grounding of Boeing's 737 Max jets after two fatal crashes (all times local):
Orders and deliveries of Boeing's 737 Max plunged in the first quarter as.. SeattlePI.com - Published
DALLAS (AP) — American Airlines is cutting a key revenue estimate partly because of canceled flights due to the grounding of its Boeing 737 Max jets.
American said Tuesday that it canceled 1,200.. SeattlePI.com - Published
TLC has added a new installment to its hit “90 Day Fiancé” franchise.
Following their appearance on “90 Day Finacé: Happily Ever After?” fan-favorite couple Pedro and Chantel are getting.. The Wrap - Published
· *Investors expect 2019 to turn into a hectic year for initial public offerings as technology unicorns and decacorns like Uber, Slack, and Pinterest are expected to hit the public market.*
· *When.. Business Insider - Published
· *More than 37,200 American farmers applied for tariff aid during the government shutdown, according to data obtained by Business Insider through a public records request.*
· *None of those were.. Business Insider - Published
· Tesla had a disappointing first quarter for sales, but it has still created a huge market share for electric cars.
· This market share didn't exist before Tesla began to expand production.
·.. Business Insider - Published
DETROIT (AP) — Automobile sales in the U.S. fell 2% in the first quarter, another sign the nation's economy is starting to slow.
Automakers sold just over 4 million vehicles from January through.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· President Donald Trump is still threatening to close the US-Mexico border, despite major pushback from experts and his own allies who say it could cripple the US economy.
· Top White House.. Business Insider - Published
· *Senators wrote a letter to the Federal Aviation Administration on Tuesday saying that agency whistleblowers have come forward with *potential* safety issues.*
· *The Committee on Commerce,.. Business Insider - Published
Data released today showed an unexpected decline in retail sales during February. The negative numbers were partially offset by positive revisions to January’s numbers. According to analysts at Wells.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Retail sales fell unexpectedly in February.*
· *Consumer spending accounts for more than two-thirds of economic activity.*
· *The results underscore expectations for slower economic growth in.. Business Insider - Published
The Consumer Confidence report (University of Michigan) rose in March to the highest level since October. Analysts at Wells Fargo point out it was a welcome break in a recent pattern of deteriorating.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Lyft is set to debuted on the Nasdaq on Friday morning at a valuation of $21 billion.*
· *Here are the 15 biggest "unicorns," or private tech companies valued at over $1 billion.*
.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON — U.S. economic growth slowed sharply in the fourth quarter last year to an annual rate of just 2.2 percent. There are concerns that growth has slowed even more in the first quarter this.. SFGate - Published
TLC has renewed “I Am Jazz” for Season 6, which will air in 2020.
The GLAAD Award-winning reality series, which follows transgender teen advocate Jazz Jennings as she navigates life’s ups and.. The Wrap - Published
The new index was at its highest level in 17 years in the third quarter of 2018, just before the midterm elections and government shutdown threw cold water on exits through IPO and M&A. bizjournals - Published
· *Southwest Airlines on Wednesday cut its forecast for first-quarter capacity, citing the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max and other issues.*
· *The airline sees its first-quarter 2019.. Business Insider - Published
· *Consumer sentiment fell in March, with particular uncertainty apparent on the employment front.*
· *The gap between the number of respondents who thought jobs were plentiful and those who thought.. Business Insider - Published
In its latest Consumer Confidence Survey, the Conference Board said that the consumer sentiment deteriorated in March with the Confidence Index dropping to 124.1 from 131.4 in February.
“Confidence.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Boeing is nearly finished with a software update for its 737 Max aircraft, The Seattle Times reports.*
· *Airlines are reportedly able to order the update, which Boeing will give to them.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing is facing its worst crisis in years after two of its 737 Max planes crashed within five months.*
· *As the plane remains grounded in most of the world, some airlines are beginning to.. Business Insider - Published
Union Bank of Switzerland’s analysis team suggests that a slowdown in the US economy, reflecting the disruption to the manufacturing sector caused by the trade spat with China will rein in the Fed in.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Boeing is facing its worst crisis in years after two of its 737 Max planes have crashed in the last five months. *
· *As the plane remains grounded in most of the world, some airlines are.. Business Insider - Published
· This year was supposed to be the "year of unicorns," but market volatility and the 35-day government shutdown have caused some companies looking to go public to slow down or delay their filing.. Business Insider - Published
· President Donald Trump has asked the conservative economic commentator Stephen Moore to join the Federal Reserve Board.
· This is a mistake.
· The Federal Reserve is supposed to make policy.. Business Insider - Published
· *The initial-public-offering market suffered through a slow start to the year due to the partial government shutdown and the brutal fourth-quarter for financial markets, but public debuts are.. Business Insider - Published
Sorry, Jimmy Kimmel — Julia Louis-Dreyfus saved the blooper reel from her favorite-ever “Veep” scene for the other Jimmy, Fallon. Or probably it just worked out that way.
On Thursday, the.. The Wrap - Published