Amid devastating floods caused by torrential rain that have killed 67 people in Nepal, over 260 climate scientists gathered in Kathmandu to discuss the impact of climate change on the Himalayan nation.. Sify - Published
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — Police in Nepal say flooding and landslides triggered by heavy rainfall have killed at least 43 people in the past few days, with more deaths reported across the Himalayan.. Seattle Times - Published
*** EMBARGOED 14:30 EDT, 26 June 2019/ 19:30 BST 26 June 2019 ***SWNYcat By Isolde Walters - New York office - [email protected] - +1 646 873 7565A couple paid a cool $25,000 to clone their beloved cat..
A curious Himalayan bear bit onto and broke a camera in the Land of the Leopard National Park near Vladivostok, Russia, in early June, according to park officials. Footage captured by the camera shows..
· The 50 best games of all time are a surprisingly diverse list of games spanning decades of consoles.
· *There are iconic household names, cult classics, and forgotten gems.*
· *Did your favorite.. Business Insider - Published
· MyVerte, an online marketplace for direct-to-consumer companies, is launching Monday with more than 100 brands.
· The site allows companies to give customers an "Uber-style" rating of one to five.. Business Insider - Published
NEW DELHI (AP) — An Indian official says the bodies of three of the four British climbers who were part of an international expedition to a Himalayan peak have been identified and handed over to.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Generation Z is known for being an entrepreneurially minded generation. *
· And thanks to new technology and the rise of secondhand selling apps, a lot of them are flipping clothes and sneakers.. Business Insider - Published
A Hindu holy man smokes as he waits to register for the annual pilgrimage to the Amarnath shrine in Jammu, India, an arduous trek to an icy Himalayan cave. In other images from the Asia-Pacific region.. Seattle Times - Published
ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistan’s military says an explosion has killed five soldiers and wounded one, near the border with India in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir. Wednesday’s statement said.. Seattle Times - Published
LUCKNOW, India (AP) — Officials say seven bodies believed to be from a missing team of international climbers have been evacuated in helicopters from a notoriously dangerous Himalayan mountain in.. Seattle Times - Published
· *The rental market is increasing as a growing number of younger customers look to rent versus own items.*
· *Amazon, the US' largest online shopping destination, does not yet offer much for.. Business Insider - Published
SRINAGAR, India (AP) — Thousands of Hindu pilgrims have begun the arduous trek to an icy Himalayan cave in disputed Kashmir with tens of thousands Indian government forces guarding roads and mountain.. Seattle Times - Published
SRINAGAR, India (AP) — An overcrowded minibus crashed into a gorge in Indian-controlled Kashmir on Monday, killing at least 31 people and injuring another 7, officials said. The bus plunged off the.. Seattle Times - Published
SRINAGAR, India (AP) — Officials say a minibus carrying students to a picnic has fallen into a gorge along a Himalayan road in Indian-controlled Kashmir, killing at least 11 and injuring seven.. Seattle Times - Published
· Amazon unveiled a new online store for beauty products marketed toward professionals on Monday.
· Shares of Ulta and Sally Beauty dropped shortly after the announcement, but analysts say Ulta.. Business Insider - Published
NEW DELHI (AP) — Officials say bad weather is delaying the recovery of the bodies of international climbers who went missing while attempting to scale an unclimbed Himalayan peak in northern India... Seattle Times - Published
Indian paramilitary soldiers have reached the bodies of seven people from an eight-member team of international climbers believed to have been killed on a notoriously dangerous Himalayan mountain, an.. CBS News - Published
Indian paramilitary soldiers on Sunday reached the bodies of seven of eight members of an international climbing team that went missing on the country’s second-highest mountain, officials said. FOXNews.com - Published
LUCKNOW, India (AP) — Indian paramilitary soldiers have reached the bodies of seven of eight members from a team of international climbers believed killed on a notoriously dangerous Himalayan.. Seattle Times - Published
Pema Tseden’s portraits of Tibet are not the heavenly, mist-shrouded Himalayan paradise of popular Western imagination, but an unsentimental view of a windswept plateau on the fringes of modernity. NYTimes.com - Published
Situated on the southern shores of Lake Tahoe lies “Villa Harrah,” little slice of local history with a big price tag that just hit the market on Monday. The $25.75 million listing is the legendary.. bizjournals - Published
· Taco Bell and Panera are refusing to jump on the faux meat bandwagon, as the chains double down on plant-based proteins in less processed forms.
· Executives from Panera Bread and Taco Bell told.. Business Insider - Published
You don't need cutting-edge satellite data to make sense of Earth's changing climate. Researchers have published a study of melting Himalayan glaciers that takes advantage of 40 years' worth of.. engadget - Published
· *Amazon is instituting new seller policies that are designed to make shopping easier on the site.*
· *The policies include new rules around titles for listings, requiring price-per-unit.. Business Insider - Published
Scientists are using old spy satellite images to measure the effects of climate change. They're finding that glaciers in the Himalayas are melting twice as fast as they were a few decades earlier. NPR - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Cold War era spy satellite images are showing scientists that glaciers on the Himalayas are now melting about twice as fast as they used to.
The Asian mountain range, which.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
· *Apple said on Wednesday its customers can now get their products repaired at every location of Best Buy's almost 1,000 stores around the US. *
· *This is due to an expanded partnership between.. Business Insider - Published
Metal canisters filled with top-secret satellite photos plummeted from space and then parachuted over the Pacific Ocean during the '70s and '80s. A U.S. Air Force plane would swoop down on cue and snag.. Mashable - Published