As Hong Kong has been hit by what appears to be face mask shortages, the announcement by a company, Luck Well International Holdings, that it had a stock of 10,000 boxes of face masks for sale prompted..
· James McDonald, founder of the Los Angeles-based firm Hercules Investments, has profited from the market's recent volatility using stock index options.
· McDonald told Business Insider why he.. Business Insider - Published
· The coronavirus has caused a health scare throughout the world and become a worry for the global stock market.
· On February 3, when Chinese stocks opened for the first time in over a week, the.. Business Insider - Published
· The coronavirus has caused a health scare throughout the world, and has become a worry for the global stock market as well.
· On February 3, when Chinese stocks opened for the first time in over.. Business Insider - Published
The crowd lining up recently on a cold, dark Hong Kong street wasn’t part of the anti-government protest movement that rocked the semi-autonomous Chinese territory for months. Their demand: surgical.. Seattle Times - Published
Vatican City, Jan 22, 2020 / 08:00 am (CNA).- Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen has written to Pope Francis describing China’s aggression and persecution of religion as “obstacles to peace,” and.. CNA - Published
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong police used tear gas, pepper spray and water cannons against anti-government protesters over New Year’s Eve and into the early hours of Wednesday, extending the.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Morgan Stanley Wealth Management on December 17 released a list of 10 geopolitical risks the market could face in 2020.*
· *The risks that are "keeping us awake," according to a group of.. Business Insider - Published
Here's the latest for Wednesday December 25th: Police and protesters clash in Hong Kong; Protests in India continue; Christians in Bethlehem mark Christmas; Swimmers brave cold waters for Christmas.. USATODAY.com - Published
HONG KONG (AP) — The Hong Kong seller of luxury watches looked on in horror as masked men wielding the biggest sledgehammer he’d ever seen smashed through the door of a neighboring watch store,.. Seattle Times - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Twitter says it has removed nearly 6,000 accounts it deemed tied to a state-backed information operation in Saudi Arabia.
In a blog post Friday, Twitter said the removed Saudi.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Protesters have written hundreds of Christmas cards for people jailed during the six-month pro-democracy protests. Dozens of protesters denied bail could remain jailed during the holidays. NPR - Published
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong police say they have made 6,022 arrests and fired nearly 16,000 tear gas rounds during six months of anti-government protests that have shaken the city. Police say the.. Seattle Times - Published
Hundreds of thousands of demonstrators crammed into Hong Kong's streetsÂ in a mass show of support for the protest movement entering its seventh month. Newsday - Published Also reported by •SeekingAlpha •Seattle Times
HONG KONG (AP) — The Latest on the Hong Kong protests (all times local):
China says it will suspend U.S. Navy visits to Hong Kong and sanction a range of pro-democracy non-governmental.. SeattlePI.com - Published
HONG KONG (AP) — Several hundred people who work in advertising in Hong Kong say they will strike this week to support the anti-government protests in the semi-autonomous Chinese territory.
The.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
HONG KONG (AP) — For more than two weeks a Hong Kong university was transformed, first into a protester fortress with slingshots to fire gasoline bombs, then a city under siege with police arresting.. Seattle Times - Published
The president signed a law supporting the protesters and ordering sanctions for human rights violations. Kevin Lam, a pro-democracy activist elected to the district council, details reactions there. NPR - Published
· *Chinese-Americans using the Chinese app WeChat say they are being censored for writing messages in support of Hong Kong.*
· *WeChat is ubiquitous in China, so for Chinese Americans with family.. Business Insider - Published