CUCUTA, Colombia (AP) — A family of Venezuelan immigrants to Colombia are repurposing their worthless bolivars into origami-made paper wallets, belts and even purses as the currency plunges further.. New Zealand Herald Also reported by •FOXNews.com •Seattle Times
Feb.23 -- David Ader, Informa Financial Intelligence chief macro strategist, explains why he thinks the bearish sentiment in the bond market is overblown. He speaks with Bloomberg's Julia Chatterley.. Source: Bloomberg Global Business -
Sharmin Mossavar-Rahmani is the CIO of the Investment Strategy Group at Goldman Sachs. She's responsible for the overall asset allocation and investment strategy within Private Wealth Management. In.. Source: Wochit -
· *Business Insider checked in with Dan Romero, VP and general manager at Coinbase, to find out what its like trying to grow and scale one of the hottest startups in tech.*
· *Coinbase, a.. Business Insider
· *Wall Street is worried about inflation as the passage of new tax cuts and a sharply higher budget deficit have raised fears of more aggressive interest rate hikes from the Federal Reserve.*
·.. Business Insider
Persimmon's profits are expected to jump close to the £1bn mark this week as the housebuilder continues to bat off criticism for the pay awards it handed to executives.
Analysts are expecting.. City A.M.
Many South Koreans blame the IMF for economic woes, but President Moon relies on the IMF formula for reducing inequality.
By Steven Borowiec *
During the height of the 1997-98 Asian financial.. Eurasia Review
Foreign investors have pulled out nearly Rs 10,000 crore (USD 1.5 billion) from the Indian stock market so far this month primarily due to PNB fraud jitters coupled with global cues.
This is against.. Deccan Herald
· *Warren Buffett said in his annual letter the practice of managing portfolio risk using a specified ratio of bonds-to-stocks is flawed.*
· *The Berkshire Hathaway chief argues a diversified.. Business Insider
· *Warren Buffett in 2007 entered a decade-long bet with Protégé Partners that the S&P 500 would outperform a selection of hedge funds over the following decade. *
· *He won the bet late last.. Business Insider
· *Hoaxes and fake news continue to be promoted on big tech platforms run by Facebook and Google.*
· *The companies have proven in the past that they can make big changes when properly.. Business Insider
· *Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou is launching an investment platform called easyMoney.*
· *The first product will be an "Innovative ISA" allowing people to invest in peer-to-peer loans, backed by.. Business Insider
In the past week, news from Venezuela was at the forefront, where crypto mining is way up due to cheap electricity. But their stab at launching their own crypto, the Petro, is not looking like a great.. Bitcoin Magazine
· *The Fed, cryptocurrency, and inflation, dominated financial news.*
· *All the talk of an accelerating economy and rising inflation just doesn't add up.*
· *Stocks in every sector started this.. Business Insider
· *Warren Buffett's annual letter to shareholders will be published around 7:45 a.m. ET on Saturday.*
· *Analysts at Morgan Stanley are paying attention to Buffett's thoughts on succession and tax.. Business Insider
*Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider's summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.*
One recommendation.. Business Insider
· *In an interview with Business Insider, rapper Lupe Fiasco compared cryptocurrencies to speculative commodities like "baseball cards," while expounding on the ways blockchain technologies could.. Business Insider
Sharmin Mossavar-Rahmani is the CIO of the Investment Strategy Group at Goldman Sachs. She is responsible for the overall asset allocation and investment strategy within Private Wealth Management. In.. Business Insider
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said wages can rise without sparking inflation. Economists say Mnuchin's comment is true only in a perfect setting. In the current reality, wages and inflation will.. CNNMoney