· Facebook's chief technology officer, Mike Schroepfer, has been in charge of trying to rid the social platform of false and dangerous content.
· In a recent interview with The New York Times,.. Business Insider - Published
· Facebook chief technology officer, Mike Schroepfer, has been in charge of trying to rid the social platform of false and dangerous content.
· In a recent interview with the New York Times,.. Business Insider - Published
YouTube star Felix Kjellberg, known worldwide as PewDiePie, has officially called for an end to the "Subscribe to PewDiePie" meme.
In a video posted Sunday, the creator of YouTube's second.. Mashable - Published
Facebook is still growing — despite spending big money on regulatory inquiries into its privacy practices. The social network reported it added another 50 million monthly users — putting it on.. The Wrap - Published
Topgolf, an entertainment company best known for its restaurant business, has partnered with Whistle on the fourth season of its digital series “The Tour,” the two companies announced Wednesday.. The Wrap - Published
Facebook’s artificial intelligence tools were unable to quickly scan and remove live footage of the New Zealand terror attack, where 50 Muslims were shot and killed last month in Christchurch,.. The Wrap - Published
READ: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Make Surprise Appearance To Honor New Zealand Shooting Victims [caption id="attachment_537835" align="alignnone" width="5472"]
LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 01: Prince.. Access Hollywood - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Monday.
1. *Britain just laid out plans to end the internet's Wild West days and take a world-leading role in regulating big tech.* If.. Business Insider - Published
Crossposted on NewsBusters. On the April 4, 2019 edition of PBS's Amanpour and Company, CNN's Christiane Amanpour and New York Times writers Jonathan Mahler and James Rutenberg linked Fox News to the.. CNSNews.com - Published
· *A Facebook spokesperson told the Huffington Post that a video posted by far-right figure Faith Goldy does not contravene** its new ban on white nationalism.*
· *The video claims that white.. Business Insider - Published
Police are investigating a fire at a Southern California mosque on Sunday as a possible arson and hate crime after fresh graffiti on the driveway mentioned the mass shootings at two mosques in New.. Reuters - Published
A speaking event with Rep. Ilhan Omar is already attracting lots of attention, but the shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand has increased the focus ... for safety and security reasons. TMZ has.. TMZ.com - Published
· Facebook has said it deployed experimental audio tech to support its AI in detecting and blocking copies of the New Zealand mosque shootings video.
· In a blog published on Wednesday, the social.. Business Insider - Published
· *Platforms including 4chan, 8chan, and LiveLeak hosted footage of the New Zealand mosque attacks that killed 50 people last week.*
· *In response, a number of internet service providers in.. Business Insider - Published
Also helping Guy Oseary's campaign to raise $100,000 for the survivors and families affected by the mosque attacks are Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Ava DuVernay, Judd Apatow and Madonna. AceShowbiz - Published
Internet companies say they've been scrambling to remove video of the mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand, but US politicians are concerned they haven't been doing enough. The Chairman of the.. engadget - Published
Fifty people were killed when a gunman stormed two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, and opened fire on worshippers. Among the dead were students, athletes, engineers and an aspiring pilot. NYTimes.com - Published
The world is still coming to terms with the tragedy of the Christchurch terror attack, including New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
However, The Late Show host Stephen Colbert noted that.. Mashable - Published
· *Facebook has just lost two key execs, chief product officer Chris Cox and WhatsApp chief Chris Daniels.*
· *Their departures could spark further exits at the scandal-ridden company, an analyst is.. Business Insider - Published
In the 24 hours after the mass shooting in New Zealand on Friday, YouTube raced to remove videos that were uploaded as fast as one per second, reports The Washington Post. While the company will not.. engadget - Published
· *Facebook shares fell Monday after a handful of Wall Street analysts expressed concern over the company's recent management changes as well as regulation- and privacy-related uncertainty.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· *YouTube said videos of the mass shooting at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, were being uploaded at an "unprecedented" speed last Friday.*
· *YouTube's Chief Product Officer Neal Mohan.. Business Insider - Published
Not all heroes wear capes. But, some of them wield eggs as their weapon of choice.
ICYMI, an Australian teenager was filmed egging senator Fraser Anning over his Islamophobic response to the mass.. Mashable - Published
In the aftermath of the Christchurch terrorist attack, New Zealand is looking to step up on gun control.
It's led to the country's biggest online marketplace, Trade Me, stopping the sale of.. Mashable - Published
Devastated relatives are waiting for authorities to release the remains of the 50 victims killed in the New Zealand terror attack. The victims are being remembered in tributes across the country. Ben.. CBS News - Published
We already knew that Facebook moved quickly on Thursday to stop videos of the New Zealand mass shooting from spreading, but now we have some actual numbers.
In a public statement and identical.. Mashable - Published Also reported by •engadget
· *Andreessen Horowitz investor and Facebook board member Marc Andreessen has denied claims he met the Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Chris Wylie in 2016.*
· *The Observer reported that.. Business Insider - Published
After 50 people were massacred and 50 more were injured in a terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand on Friday, tributes have been pouring in from around the world.
On Sunday, a New Zealand.. Mashable - Published