Britain's inflation rate sank in April to its lowest since August 2016 as the coronavirus pandemic pushed down global oil prices and clothing stores slashed prices, bolstering the prospect of more Bank..
In today's Financial Focus, we have a check of the stock market and the stocks with ties to Las Vegas. Gas prices are slowing increasing as states start to reopen amid the pandemic. Bike sales are on..
Credit: KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas Duration: 01:10Published
Reuters reports oil prices opened about 1% lower on Sunday. A persistent glut has continued to drive down prices.
Analysts say North America is battling a severe shortage of storage capacity, and that..
Vladimir Putin's approval ratings have dipped because of the fallout from the novel coronavirus crisis, according to a poll. But support for him changing the constitution so he can rule for longer has..
Equity benchmark indices were in the positive terrain during early hours on Wednesday as Asian markets treaded cautiously ahead of the US Federal Reserve policy decision. Oil prices, meanwhile, jumped..
Stock markets rallied on Monday as the Bank of Japan added more stimulus to cushion the impact of the coronavirus and investors cheered news more countries were easing lockdowns, though the oil price..
With highways empty and flights grounded, the oil industry has been suffering. Prices fell below zero in North America in April. HuffPost senior business editor Daniel Tencer tells us if they’ll ever..
· *WTI crude oil spiked 85% in May, notching its best monthly performance gain on record, according to data from Bloomberg.*
· *The surge in oil prices comes just one month after oil prices went.. Business Insider - Published
· The coronavirus pandemic crippled global oil demand, causing the price to collapse by as much as 75% in April, with some futures going negative for the first time in history.
· Most oil and gas.. Business Insider - Published
· *Global stocks turned lower on Friday as investors prepare for fresh US-China intensification ahead of President Donald Trump's press conference on the new Hong Kong security law.*
· *Analysts.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks erased earlier gains and closed negative on Thursday after President Donald Trump announced he will hold a press conference on Friday regarding China.*
· *The early-day gains came as.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. orders for big-ticket factory goods plunged for the second straight month in April as the coronavirus pandemic hammered the economy.
The Commerce Department said Thursday.. SeattlePI.com - Published
*Interview highlights that IEC remains on-track with its **drilling plans to significantly increase production this year and activities aimed at expanding its production base *
*JAKARTA, INDONESIA &.. Accesswire - Published
*(All dollar figures are expressed in United States Dollars)*
*BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA / ACCESSWIRE / May 28, 2020 /* Centaurus Energy Inc. ("Centaurus" or the "Company") (TSXV:CTA, OTCQX:CTARF) is.. Accesswire - Published
*Three 65 kW Microturbines Will Be Deployed in the Permian Basin for a Remote Site*
*VAN NUYS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 28, 2020 /* Capstone Turbine Corporation (www.capstoneturbine.com) (NASDAQ:CPST),.. Accesswire - Published
· *US stocks rose on Wednesday as investors were encouraged by signs that global authorities were taking measures to boost economies.*
· *The European Commission proposed an $826 billion stimulus.. Business Insider - Published
· *Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian Cruise Line all leaped at least 10% on Wednesday as hopes for a coronavirus vaccine and smooth reopening lifted sentiment around the ailing sector.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks rose Wednesday as investors were encouraged by signs that global authorities are taking measures to boost economies.*
· *The European Commission on Wednesday proposed a $826.. Business Insider - Published
· *The stock market can still set new record highs in 2020 thanks to fresh risk-on attitude and the Federal Reserve's stimulus, Wharton finance professor Jeremy Siegel said Tuesday.*
· *If a second.. Business Insider - Published
· The International Energy Agency said on Wednesday that global energy investment will fall by almost $400 billion in 2020 compared to last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
· Before the.. Business Insider - Published
· Global stocks are mixed Wednesday as investors weigh rising US-China tensions and the growing implications of a new draconian law on Hong Kong, while Europe awaits the launch of a major new stimulus.. Business Insider - Published
· *Oil prices experienced a wild ride in recent months as a global price-war and a slide to negative levels shook the market.*
· *The world's most-traded commodity has mostly rebounded in May from.. Business Insider - Published
*MEXICO CITY, MEXICO / ACCESSWIRE / May 26, 2020 / *The oil industry is going through what has unanimously been described as the most calamitous period in its history, hitting an unprecedented low in.. Accesswire - Published
· Global stocks rose on Tuesday as investor sentiment was propped up by a relaxation in coronavirus lockdowns across the world and on news of a new vaccine for the virus.
· US futures point to gains.. Business Insider - Published
Wall Street ended mostly higher Friday after a wobbly day of trading. Trading was subdued ahead of the Memorial Day holiday in the U.S.
Despite the uneven finish, major indexes each notched a weekly.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *US stocks closed mixed on Friday, but the Dow Jones industrial average still posted its best week since the five-day period ended April 10.*
· *Investors were encouraged throughout the week as**.. Business Insider - Published
· *USO — an oil exchange-traded fund that's wildly popular with traders — has been cut off from buying oil futures contracts after a surge in volatility saw oil prices turn negative last.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks edged lower Friday following signs that China's economic recovery my be more fragile than hoped. *
· *China's government did not set an annual economic target for the nation for the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Oil slumped as China said it would not set a target for 2020 economic growth for the first time in decades, raising concerns over its pace of recovery from the coronavirus outbreak.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· Global stocks dropped Friday after China imposed new rules that seek to extend its powers over Hong Kong and allow it to crack down on dissent in the semi-autonomous region, setting Beijing up for a.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks dipped on Thursday amid renewed tensions with China. The nation responded to recent accusations from President Trump by saying it could take countermeasures.*
· *The losses also came.. Business Insider - Published
· In the past, private-equity firms focused on energy have used a simple approach to investing: "Buy on the dip."
· But after the last downturn, starting around 2014, many of those investors got.. Business Insider - Published
· *Global stocks slipped into the red on Thursday after President Trump accused China of a "disinformation and propaganda attack" that "comes from the top."*
· *"That comes dangerously close to.. Business Insider - Published
· Oil markets have rallied in recent weeks, following a historic price collapse that sent US crude into negative double-digits.
· Some companies will face headwinds in the years to come as they.. Business Insider - Published
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The University of California announced Tuesday that it has divested from all fossil fuels, removing them from its $126-billion investment portfolio.
With 285,000 students, UC.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· March's hellacious month for hedge funds can be seen through the stark redemption numbers: more than $85 billion was pulled out in a single month, most since the last financial crisis.
·.. Business Insider - Published
*CALGARY, AB and SAN ANTONIO, TX / ACCESSWIRE / May 19, 2020 / *Nexera Energy Inc. (TSXV:NGY)(OTC:EMBYF) (the "Company" or "Nexera") provided the following update on operations in South Texas.
At.. Accesswire - Published
· *Shares of the state-led Saudi Aramco gained as much as 3.09% on Tuesday, rising with the price of crude oil.*
· *Aramco is trading at levels not seen since March 5, when a price war erupted.. Business Insider - Published