Twitter blocked the accounts off Cuban Communist Party Leader Raul Castro. Additionally they blocked his daughter Mariela Castro and Cuba’s top state-run media outlets. The Cuban Union of Journalists..
· Mike Bloomberg's efforts to take social media by storm by paying people to post about him may not be working out, according to the LA Times.
· Several California-based operatives told the paper.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Monday.
1. *WeWork paid over $2 million in cash to a woman who threatened to expose claims of sex, illegal drugs, and discrimination in a.. Business Insider - Published
Twitter took steps to get rid of dozens of accounts supporting Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg on Friday for breaking its rules.
USATODAY.com - Published Also reported by •TIME •Reuters
· On Friday, the Los Angeles Times reported that Twitter had suspended 70 accounts for violating its terms.
· The accounts in question were tweeting support for Democratic presidential candidate.. Business Insider - Published
Twitter is reportedly suspending 70 accounts, some of which are backed by Michael Bloomberg’s campaign, that have posted identical messages in support of the Democrat’s presidential bid, calling.. FOXNews.com - Published
· Zero Hedge, a financial blog that rose to popularity in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, was permanently suspended from Twitter for what the platform deemed as spreading misinformation over.. Business Insider - Published
· Financial blog Zero Hedge had its Twitter account permanently suspended on Friday after it published an article doxxing a Chinese scientist, and claiming that they created the deadly Wuhan.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Twitter says it has removed nearly 6,000 accounts it deemed tied to a state-backed information operation in Saudi Arabia.
In a blog post Friday, Twitter said the removed Saudi.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
· Twitter removed nearly over 88,000 accounts that it says were tied to a disinformation campaign backed by the Saudi Arabian government, the company announced Friday.
· The company published data.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON — Executives of Facebook, Google and Twitter faced questioning by a House panel Wednesday on their efforts to stanch terrorist content and viral misinformation on their social media.. SFGate - Published
· Twitter came under fire after several accounts belonging to critics of the Chinese government were removed from the site.
· Though the site is banned in the country, many users including human.. Business Insider - Published