From over a dozen passengers on domestic Indian flights found to be infected, to Karnataka placing a complete travel blockade on people from 5 states - here are the top ten news updates on the Covid-19..
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 04:15Published
The German economy is likely to shrink by 6.6% this year as a consequence of the coronavirus crisis before growing by 10.2% in 2021, the Ifo Institute said on Thursday in its latest update. Ciara Lee..
The European Commission on Wednesday unveiled a plan to borrow on the market and then disburse to EU countries 750 billion euros in grants and loans to help them recover from their coronavirus slump...
Britain's inflation rate sank in April to its lowest since August 2016 as the coronavirus pandemic pushed down global oil prices and clothing stores slashed prices, bolstering the prospect of more Bank..
Equity benchmark indices gained for the second consecutive day on Wednesday as heavy buying was witnessed in pharma and financial stocks. The BSE SandP Sensex closed 622 points or 2.06 per cent higher..
(Part 1 of 2) It's been an intense allergy season, and trying to figure out if your symptoms are allergies or COVID-19 is making many people feel anxious and stressed. We'll explore the key differences..
**The corona effect**
Although the German court ruling had nothing to do with this latest wave of easing and money printing triggered by the coronavirus crisis, the timing of it puts the present.. Eurasia Review - Published
Older men may be at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 because they worry less about catching or dying from it than women their age or than younger people of both sexes, according to a new study by.. Eurasia Review - Published
The world has been experiencing an unprecedented economic downturn due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A significant number of economic activities have shut down, causing contractions in global output, as.. Eurasia Review - Published
The latest Gallup discovered that 71% of Americans say the U.S. is in economic depression or recession amid the seemingly endless economic lockdown sparked by the coronavirus pandemic. Newsmax - Published
Food banks are a lifeline for Mexico's needy, and never more than during the current pandemic. But with a recession looming, they are at risk of losing donations, as Sandra Weiss reports from Puebla,.. Deutsche Welle - Published
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell cast the central bank’s actions during the coronavirus crisis as aimed squarely at helping U.S. workers, a tactic to head off criticism which has dogged it.. Newsmax - Published
The committee said Nigeria could escape a recession if concerted efforts were sustained to stimulate output.
The post Why CBN slashed monetary policy rate – Official appeared first on Premium.. Premium Times Nigeria - Published
U.S. consumer spending plunged by a record-shattering 13.6% in April as the pandemic shuttered businesses, forced millions of layoffs and sent the economy into deep recession.
Europe’s extensive.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· Fed Chair Jerome Powell said the pandemic was "a great increaser of inequality" at an online event hosted by Princeton University.
· "The pandemic is falling on those least able to bear its.. Business Insider - Published
Watch VideoOnline learning is nothing new for many of the country’s 1,050 community colleges.
“We at Montgomery College have been doing distance learning for years," said Marcus Rosano,.. Newsy - Published
American workers have a huge opportunity as a result of this coronavirus pandemic — an opportunity to massively expand union membership in the workplace, and a chance, after decades of being ignored.. Eurasia Review - Published
U.S. consumer spending plunged by a record-shattering 13.6% in April as the viral pandemic shuttered businesses, forced millions of layoffs and sent the economy into a deep recession. Newsday - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times
It feels both strange and heartening to be editing the Business Journal’s annual Redefining the Core report. Last year at this time, the economy was humming along, and Sacramento had a robust lineup.. bizjournals - Published
Brazil's economy contracted in the first quarter by the most in nearly five years, data showed on Friday, as the coronavirus outbreak slammed the brakes on a fragile recovery and pushed the country.. Reuters India - Published
· John Malooly's Wasatch Ultra Growth Fund has been one of the best small-company funds in the world throughout his eight-year tenure.
· In a market where bargains have become hard to find, he.. Business Insider - Published
· The UK produced only 197 cars in April, 99.7% lower than its output in April 2019, with production almost entirely stopped by coronavirus, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders said on.. Business Insider - Published
These three companies will keep your portfolio afloat during the recession: Nutrien Ltd (TSX:NTR)(NYSE:NTR), Canadian National Railway (TSX:CNR)(NYSE:CNI) and Barrick Gold (TSX:ABX)(NYSE:GOLD).
The.. Motley Fool - Published
· The coronavirus is skewing economic data and making it hard to collect, which is in turn making it difficult to understand the full scale of the virus' impact on the world economy, the International.. Business Insider - Published
The French economy contracted less than initially estimated in the first quarter but remained in a deep recession as coronavirus pandemic weighed on spending, investment and exports, detailed results.. RTTNews - Published
France's economy contracted less than initially thought in the first quarter but it still plunged deep into recession and the worst is yet to come, official data showed on Friday. Reuters India - Published
France's economy contracted less than initially thought in the first quarter, although it remained mired deep in recession due to a coronavirus lockdown, data from the INSEE official stats agency.. Reuters India - Published
BANGKOK (AP) — Shares fell Friday in Asia as investors awaited a news conference about China by President Donald Trump later in the day.
Benchmarks declined in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney but rose.. SeattlePI.com - Published
*NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 29, 2020 /* This newspaper's correspondent in Beijing reported on May 28 that the National People's Congress and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.. Accesswire - Published
From call centers to hotels to airlines, India’s key services industries have come to a standstill during the coronavirus outbreak, dragging the economy into possibly its worst recession on record. IndiaTimes - Published
Every 10 years or so, the power dynamic between companies and private equity investors seems to shift from one group to the other. The early 2000s recession saw the pendulum swing to favor investors,.. bizjournals - Published
Effective leaders look to the past to chart a course forward. Bold and decisive actions to support our economy, as those taken by Congress, demonstrate how a strong federal government can mitigate.. bizjournals - Published
The White House won't release its official midyear economic update - avoiding going public with data documenting the plunge into recession during the coronavirus pandemic or predicting the economy's.. Newsmax - Published
· *Nutanix pivoted to a remote workforce like most tech companies, but CEO Dheeraj Pandey said he doesn't think embracing that as a permanent model is practical.*
· *Pandey said he is leaning toward.. Business Insider - Published
· *A Wall Street firm that nailed the market bottom now expects the S&P 500 index to jump 8% to 3,250 by the end of August.*
· *In a note published on Wednesday, Stifel abandoned its previous price.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House will not release its official midyear economic update this summer, declining to put its stamp on data documenting the plunge into recession during the coronavirus.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
· Standard Chartered said if the Fed were to introduce negative interest rates, it would have to be at least -0.5% or -1%, in what the bank called a "Hail Mary" move.
· "No one likes trying a 'Hail.. Business Insider - Published
· Business Insider recently identified 23 junior venture capitalists as rising stars in the enterprise investing community.
· We asked the nominees what they would share with other young.. Business Insider - Published
*Major precast concrete producers are seeking to edge out the competition by tracking developments in high growth regions, and being the first to send out precast concrete stocks after restrictions on.. Accesswire - Published
· The Trump administration is opting against publishing an economic forecast that would almost certainly illustrate sharp reductions in growth and high unemployment ahead of the November election.
·.. Business Insider - Published
The main stem of the Mackenzie River flows wild and uninterrupted by dams across Canada, as it has since the recession of the Laurentide Ice Sheet. Draining the eastern end of the Great Slave Lake,.. engadget - Published
It’s been a decade since the last official recession, but most small businesses experience plenty of challenges even without a national economic slowdown. Like trees that get stronger swaying in the.. bizjournals - Published
· *The coronavirus pandemic has roiled global markets, which have whiplashed over the last two months. *
· *While the Nasdaq has recovered from the March market meltdown, the S&P 500 and Dow.. Business Insider - Published
BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Commission pledged Thursday to stay away from fossil-fueled projects in its coronavirus recovery strategy, and to stick to its target of making Europe the first climate.. SeattlePI.com - Published
*MOSCOW, RUSSIA / ACCESSWIRE / May 28, 2020 / *Mechel PAO (MOEX:MTLR) (NYSE:MTL), one of the leading Russian mining and metals companies, reports increased sales of rails and sections for wagon.. Accesswire - Published
*LOS ANGELES and DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 28, 2020 /* Grapefruit USA, Inc., (OTC PINK:GPFT) ("Grapefruit" or the "Company") a California based cannabis company, is announcing today.. Accesswire - Published