Rohingya refugee Jaivet Ealom asylum seeker tells how his extraordinary escape from Manus Island was influenced by the plot of television series 'Prison Break'. Brisbane Times - Published Also reported by •Sydney Morning Herald •The Age
China and Myanmar inked dozens of deals on Saturday to speed up infrastructure projects in the Southeast Asian nation, as Beijing seeks to cement its hold over a neighbor increasingly isolated by the..
· *In late 2018, Facebook** CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced an ambitious plan: to create an independent oversight board that could overrule Facebook's content moderation guidelines, and even Zuckerberg.. Business Insider - Published
DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — An overcrowded boat carrying about 125 Rohingya refugees from Bangladeshi camps sank early Tuesday in the Bay of Bengal, leaving at least 16 dead, Bangladeshi officials said.. Seattle Times - Published
Washington D.C., Feb 6, 2020 / 05:00 pm (CNA).- A new International Religious Freedom Alliance with 27 member states was announced on Wednesday by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
Pompeo said that.. CNA - Published
Washington D.C., Feb 6, 2020 / 11:00 am (CNA).- President Donald Trump chastised political opponents, touted strong economic numbers, and asked for votes at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday in.. CNA - Published
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The U.N. Security Council on Tuesday discussed the International Court of Justice’s order that Myanmar must do all it can to prevent genocide against the Rohingya Muslims, but.. Seattle Times - Published
DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — Investigators from the International Criminal Court have begun collecting evidence for a case involving alleged crimes against humanity by Myanmar against Rohingya Muslims.. Seattle Times - Published
DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — Authorities in Bangladesh in partnership with the United Nations will expand educational programs for hundreds of thousands of Muslim Rohingya children living in refugee.. Seattle Times - Published
· *In late 2018, Facebook** CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced an ambitious plan: To create an independent oversight board that could overrule Facebook's content moderation guidelines, and even Zuckerberg.. Business Insider - Published
BANGKOK (AP) — When Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi walked into the International Court of Justice last month, she gambled the remaining shreds of her hard-won international reputation on a rebuttal of.. Seattle Times - Published
· *President Trump was asked about Facebook and its CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, in a new interview with CNBC's Squawk Box.*
· *"I heard he's going to run for president," Trump said. "That wouldn't be too.. Business Insider - Published
DHAKA,Bangladesh (AP) — A top United Nations official who deals with human rights in Myanmar said Thursday that the international community must continue to put pressure on the Southeast Asian nation.. Seattle Times - Published
In a unanimous decision, a 17-judge panel said Myanmar must take steps to protect the Muslim minority Rohingya, who "remain extremely vulnerable" after a brutal 2017 crackdown by the military. NPR - Published
Opening statements continue in the president's impeachment trial. A Chinese city suspends public transportation over the coronavirus. And, a court approves measures to protect Myanmar's Rohingya. NPR - Published
The International Court of Justice in the Hague on Thursday approved emergency measures to protect Myanmar's Muslim minority Rohingya. Gambia has accused Myanmar of genocide against the Rohingya. NPR - Published
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — The United Nations’ highest court is set to rule Thursday on whether to order Myanmar to halt what has been described as a genocidal campaign against the country’s.. Seattle Times - Published
· Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg spoke at a private cocktail party on Wednesday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
· She said the company had learned from the 2016.. Business Insider - Published
NAYPYITAW, Myanmar (AP) — An independent commission established by Myanmar’s government has concluded there are reasons to believe that security forces committed war crimes in counterinsurgency.. Seattle Times - Published