Google is still determined to reel in Stadia customers by lavishing subscribers with free games. The internet giant has revealed that Stadia Pro members will get six bonus games in June, or twice as.. engadget - Published
With cloud gaming services becoming increasingly popular, any platform worth their salt will be looking at ways to take on the likes of Google’s Stadia and Microsoft’s xCloud — so it’s no.. engadget - Published
Google has rolled out a 1440p streaming resolution for Stadia on Chrome so players with high-res monitors can display sub-4K images better than 1080p. They’ll still have to meet all the requirements.. engadget - Published
· *The next generation of Xbox and PlayStation consoles are in the works, and both are scheduled to arrive this holiday season.*
· *With new consoles come new games, and we know of at least one.. Business Insider - Published
You won’t have to wait too much longer for a Serious Sam revival. Croteam and Devolver Digital have announced that Serious Sam 4 will be available on PC and Google Stadia sometime in August. Consoles.. engadget - Published
· *Like movies, TV, and music before it, the video game industry is currently going through a paradigm shift toward subscription services.*
· *Microsoft's Xbox has Xbox Game Pass, and Sony's.. Business Insider - Published
· *This holiday season, both Microsoft and Sony are planning to launch next-generation game consoles: the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5, respectively.*
· *Though the two companies compete.. Business Insider - Published
If the combined libraries of Steam, Xbox Game Pass, Stadia (now with wireless controller support on PC) and all the rest just aren’t enough for you, Dan Cooper has a recommendation: spreadsheets. His.. engadget - Published
Google Stadia’s wireless controller is finally overcoming some of its early limitations. As of this week, the Stadia Controller no longer needs to be plugged in to your computer to play games on the.. engadget - Published
So what’s next for Stadia after rolling out 4K streaming on the web, and 5.1 surround sound for players using a browser? According to code 9to5Google dug up in the app, Google is preparing to add the.. engadget - Published
· *The next "Assassin's Creed" arrives this holiday as a launch title for Sony and Microsoft's next-generation game consoles, the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, French game publisher Ubisoft.. Business Insider - Published
· *Last November, Google finally launched Google Stadia, a major gaming platform that was in development for years.*
· *Instead of buying games on a disc or downloading them from a digital store,.. Business Insider - Published
Google announced a bunch more titles for Stadia in its latest Connect, including PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, which is available today. Stadia Pro members can snag the Pioneer Edition for free. It.. engadget - Published
· *Video game consoles and games were in especially high demand in March, as the coronavirus pandemic forced millions of Americans to stay indoors.*
· *Sales of "video game hardware, software,.. Business Insider - Published
Google has rolled out some key new features for Stadia on the web to compliment the 4K it introduced last month. You’ll now get 5.1 surround sound when playing on Chrome or other browsers, which.. engadget - Published
Stadia Ventures, headquartered in St. Louis, and MassChallenge Texas have partnered for the new sports-focused track of its startup accelerator, a zero-equity program that will provide networking and.. bizjournals - Published
· This story was delivered to Business Insider Intelligence Connectivity & Tech Briefing subscribers earlier this morning.
· To get this story plus others to your inbox each day, hours before.. Business Insider - Published
While Zoom frantically tries to reassure users that its teleconferencing app can be safe and secure, Google is again reshuffling the deck chairs of its messaging strategy. The good news, for now, is.. engadget - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. *Google has announced its Stadia gaming service is now free to anyone who signs up with a Gmail address. *Until now, users.. Business Insider - Published
We reviewed Google Stadia in November, calling it “A glimpse of a future some other company will probably perfect.” The underlying tech? Solid. The platform and business model? Disastrous.
And.. PC World - Published
· Google has banned the use of Zoom on employees' computers, according to a new report.
· The company alerted employees last week that it would disable the service, citing security.. Business Insider - Published
It took a while, but Google is finally making it easier for people to check out Stadia. Starting today, people in 14 countries around the world will be able to sign up for two free months of Stadia.. engadget - Published
Google’s game-streaming service Stadia is now free for anyone with a Google account, the company announced today. Assuming you’ve got a compatible device and controller — and good internet in one.. TechCrunch - Published
· Google's Stadia gaming service is now available free to anyone with a Gmail address, but they must have a supported device.
· Google is also throwing in two free months of its Pro service, which.. Business Insider - Published