· 2018 was an active year for broadcast-station M&A, with $8.9 billion in deal volume, the second-biggest year in the past decade.
· Consolidation among broadcasters means that station ownership is.. Business Insider - Published
In 1975, Bayonne, New Jersey, an underdog gets a shot to fight the champ. See 'THE BRAWLER' theatrically in a neighborhood near you or on the following platforms as of today, January 18th. Amazon,.. PRWeb - Published
According to Reuters, NBCUniversal said on Monday that it plans to launch a streaming service in early 2020, stepping into a market dominated by Netflix and Amazon. he ad-supported service, available..
According to Broadcasting Cable, the CW is ordering a Batwoman pilot. Ruby Rose plays Batwoman and Dave Nutter directs the project. Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her..
**Aquaman** earned $13.7 million in Thursday box office previews. The superhero film will open on approximately 4,125 screens during the pre-Christmas busy holiday weekend. Its two main competitors are..
Even as more marketers come to understand the value proposition of advanced advertising targeting, more sell-side silos are being erected. This is why a big focus under new GroupM North America CEO Tim..
CNN's broadcast offices in New York City were evacuated by police on Thursday night for more than an hour after a caller said there were five bombs hidden in the Time Warner Center Building, disrupting..
According to a report by Reuters, on Thursday, the US Justice Department is scheduled to appear before an appeals court to in an attempt to overturn a lower court ruling and order AT&T to undo its 85.4..
According to Uproxx.com, although the 90s hit sitcom Friends airs on cable all the time, Netflix doesn't want to eliminate their customer's ability to binge watch the show. However, keeping the show on..
Since the first Dreamscape Immersive storefront opened at a Los Angeles-area mall a month ago, showtimes have sold out. Dreamscape prefers to call them “departure times.”
The Westfield Century.. The Wrap - Published
· Wall Street expects Netflix to succeed in a crowded streaming market in 2019, even as more competitors, like Disney and AT&T, enter the field.
· Netflix increased prices this week, but some Wall.. Business Insider - Published
· NBCUniversal will launch its own ad-supported streaming service in 2020.
· NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke told The Wall Street Journal that the company could consider moving "The Office" from.. Business Insider - Published
· The Department of Justice contacted the American Cable Association in December to set up a meeting "in the new year," ACA chief executive Matt Polka told Business Insider.
· The ACA represents.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple should be in the hunt for a video content company, Wedbush analyst Dan Ives said in a new report.
· The company's future growth is dependent on its services business, and a streaming video.. Business Insider - Published
A merger of CBS and sister company Viacom that has been hovering in corporate and legal limbo for roughly three years may now happen during the first six months of this year, industry experts.. The Wrap - Published
· *AT&T is introducing new data tools that allow advertisers to pull together set-top box data, stats from Turner and data from Xandr, its ad and analytics division.*
· *Xandr wants other networks.. Business Insider - Published
· *Overleveraged companies could be the cause of the next financial crisis given their high levels of debt.*
· *Major US corporates have been taking advantage of low interest rates and.. Business Insider - Published
· Comcast has publicly said it hasn’t identified a business model that makes sense for a streaming service.
· There are signs that might soon change, with Comcast overbuilding in regional.. Business Insider - Published
2018 was a year of massive mergers and acquisitions with AT&T/Time Warner, Disney/Fox, and Comcast/Sky. The #MeToo movement made headlines, and the dominant emotion in boardroom discussions around.. TechCrunch - Published
Things are tough all over — but especially in the digital media business of 2018. Probably the most high-profile flameout this year was at Mic, which laid off most of its staff ahead of an.. TechCrunch - Published
· *A number of high-profile advertising and marketing-tech deals happened this year, including AT&T's $1.6 billion acquisition of AppNexus and Adobe's $4.75 billion acquisition of Marketo.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
Company’s clients report major increases in traffic and conversion rates
CLEARWATER, Fla. (PRWEB) December 20, 2018
Studio98, a digital marketing firm specializing in medium-sized to large.. PRWeb - Published
Charter Communications has agreed to pay a record $174.2 million — and provide customers with months of free HBO and Showtime — to settle a fraud lawsuit claiming it knowingly delivered slower.. The Wrap - Published
· Billionaire investor Paul Tudor Jones cofounded the nonprofit Just Capital in 2013 to measure what Americans want from corporations, and which of these corporations are contributing to a "more just".. Business Insider - Published
Scott Lonardo joins Pranger Law PC
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 17, 2018
Pranger Law PC announces that Scott Lonardo has joined the firm as an IP litigation partner in the San Francisco.. PRWeb - Published
2018 has been a year of transformation in the telecom and media industries.
Telco behemoths snatched up media and ad tech in an effort to compete against the Silicon Valley giants. Digital.. Business Insider - Published
· Audience demand for Netflix Originals will surpass that of licensed titles by October 2019, according to a new report from research firms Parrot Analytics and S&P Global Market Intelligence.
·.. Business Insider - Published
· Millennial media darling Mic was sold for a fraction of its onetime presumed value.
· The company's cofounder Chris Altchek blamed Facebook for its failure to continue as a business to his.. Business Insider - Published
Sweet Unknown Studios, a production and film financing company that is dedicated to creating socially and commercially impactful projects, is pleased to launch their trailer today for the motion.. PRWeb - Published
After 45 years, HBO is officially out of the fight game. But HBO Boxing anchor Jim Lampley’s not going down without a fight.
Or at least, the popular pugilism host and journalist wasn’t signing.. The Wrap - Published
AT&T disputed the idea of a getting a “pot of gold” with Time Warner as an appeal of the companies' merger began with oral arguments Thursday. Meanwhile, the U.S. government came under many.. bizjournals - Published
CNN’s ‘New Day’ opened with news of the bomb scare which briefly resulted in the evacuation of the network’s New York bureau last night, with anchor John Berman calling out Trump over a tweet.. The Wrap - Published
Police said a man with a southern accent called CNN just after 10 p.m. Thursday and said five bombs had been placed throughout the facility inside the Time Warner building at Columbus Circle.
USATODAY.com - Published
CNN's broadcast offices in New York City were evacuated by police on Thursday night for more than an hour after a caller said there were five bombs hidden in the Time Warner Center Building, disrupting.. Reuters - Published
CNN's broadcast offices in New York City were evacuated by police on Thursday night after a caller said there were five bombs hidden in the Time Warner Center Building, disrupting the broadcaster's.. Reuters - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Police are investigating a phoned bomb threat at a building housing CNN’s offices in Manhattan. Police said the threat was received at the Time Warner building at 25 Columbus Circle.. Seattle Times - Published
*Gripping Educational Game Delivers Accurate Experience of Titanic Disaster as Well as Opportunity to Explore the Shipwreck on the Sea Floor*
*MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, AND WATERFORD, IRELAND / ACCESSWIRE.. Accesswire - Published
The second run of United States v. AT&T Inc., the blockbuster antitrust fight over the telecom giant’s acquisition of Time Warner, opens on a new stage Thursday as an appeals court considers whether.. Wall Street Journal - Published
A lot of digital media companies are said to be looking for buyers, facing the same pressures that forced Mic to sell at a fire sale. But the Mic sale, combined with overall business pressures, suggest.. Business Insider - Published
· Turner president David Levy said television needs to be rethought as people increasingly view shows on all kinds of devices.
· The AT&T-Time Warner deal will help Turner better serve viewers with.. Business Insider - Published
· A note on Netflix's "Friends" show page on Monday said that it would leave the service in January.
· But Netflix pulled the note and posted on social media that "Friends" would be available.. Business Insider - Published
While the Time Warner deal was huge for AT&T this year, the traditional television business has been an ongoing challenge for the Dallas company. But prospects could be improving. AT&T (NYSE: T) got a.. bizjournals - Published
· *At Business Insider's Ignition conference, AOL founder Steve Case explained why he's bullish on the Midwest.*
· *Case recently launched a $150 million "Rise of the Rest" fund to spur innovation.. Business Insider - Published
· "Friends" is leaving Netflix in January.
· It will likely be included in AT&T's upcoming streaming service.
· It's one more example of the battle over content as more services enter the.. Business Insider - Published
AT&T may be ready to sell its stake in Hulu, the company revealed in an analyst presentation on Thursday. The company currently owns a 10 percent stake in the service by way of WarnerMedia, as a result.. TechCrunch - Published
The movie streaming service FilmStruck shut down last night. It was a niche site that catered to cinephiles. In its place will be a new streaming service coming from the ATT Time Warner merger. NPR - Published