Amid the coronavirus crisis, many ad buyers, deeming the news too negative to appear next to, are adding virus-related keywords to brand safety tools that let them automatically filter the hottest news..
Apple says that it is OK to clean our iPhone and iPads with Clorox disinfecting wipes, which have been approved by the Centers for Disease Control. The Wall Street Journal tested the advice by wiping..
Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, who was looking into jihadi terrorism, was beheaded on camera in early 2002. The Pakistani prosecutor is appealing the ruling to his country's supreme court. NPR - Published
· Apple has begun offering a $100 reimbursement to store employees working from home and a new mental health benefit.
· The benefits signal that Apple is continuing to invest in its retail workforce.. Business Insider - Published
· *Under the stimulus, many Americans would receive $1,200 from the federal government to bolster their finances.*
· *The government has twice before sent checks to Americans who had filed tax.. Business Insider - Published
· The economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic threatens to wipe out many different kinds of jobs in the US, not just in hospitality and travel but also in spaces including sports and.. Business Insider - Published
The Trump administration is expected to use coronavirus relief funds to pay hospitals that treat uninsured patients with the novel coronavirus as long as they do not bill them or issue unexpected.. Reuters - Published
Rome, Italy, Apr 3, 2020 / 10:01 am (CNA).- The bishop at the epicenter of Italy’s coronavirus outbreak has said churches are serving as makeshift mortuaries as there are so many dead bodies “you.. CNA - Published
· *President Donald Trump blasted 3M in a tweet on Thursday night, suggesting the maker of N95 respiratory masks was dropping the ball as novel coronavirus rages across the US.*
· *"We hit 3M hard.. Business Insider - Published
The overturning by a Pakistani court of the convictions of four men in the 2002 kidnapping and murder of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl is "an affront to victims of terrorism everywhere," a.. Reuters - Published
· WeWork cofounder Adam Neumann just lost his billionaire status, according to Bloomberg.
· The ousted CEO is now worth between $450 million and $750 billion, based on estimates from Forbes and.. Business Insider - Published
Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh faced the death penalty for the 2002 kidnapping and murder of a Wall Street Journal reporter. A court in Pakistan reduced his sentence to seven years. NPR - Published Also reported by •NYTimes.com
· WeWork publicly filed to go public in August, but has since shelved its IPO after investors flagged concerns over its business and cofounder Adam Neumann.
· Neumann has been at the helm of the.. Business Insider - Published
· This story was delivered to Business Insider Intelligence Connectivity & Tech Briefing subscribers earlier this morning.
· To get this story plus others to your inbox each day, hours before.. Business Insider - Published
· *Valiant Capital Management, a hedge fund led by Chris Hansen, has gained 36% year-to-date through the end of March, The Wall Street Journal's Juliet Chung reported Thursday.*
· *In the same.. Business Insider - Published
*NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / April 2, 2020 /* Looking for a job or deciding what to do with our lives is one of the most stressful and anxious positions to be in. There are many routes that anyone.. Accesswire - Published
With all its theaters shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic, Leawood-based AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. now has seen its lenders hire lawyers who specialize in restructuring as the world’s.. bizjournals - Published
· Hedge funds have, on average, weathered the market turmoil caused by novel coronavirus relatively well — with a few types of funds producing some of their best returns in years.
· But liquidity.. Business Insider - Published
Welcome to this week's Influencer Dashboard newsletter!
This is Amanda Perelli, writing to you from my desk at home, and here's an update on what's new in the business of influencers and.. Business Insider - Published
“Federal judges for now blocked Texas, Ohio and Alabama from curbing most abortions amid the new coronavirus pandemic, after the states recently cited the need to preserve medical equipment and.. Catholic Culture - Published
· SoftBank is abandoning its plan to buy $3 billion worth of WeWork shares from other investors and employees, including some $970 million worth from company cofounder Adam Neumann, according to.. Business Insider - Published
Amid the ongoing pandemic in the United States and other countries, Apple is continuing to forge ahead with work on its upcoming iPhone 12 devices, which are expected to feature 5G connectivity, new 3D.. MacRumours.com - Published
· YouTube is reportedly planning to launch a shortform video-sharing feature before the end of 2020 designed to rival the viral platform TikTok, The Information reports.
· The feature, called.. Business Insider - Published
· *Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway took a $5 billion hit from airline stocks in the first quarter as the novel coronavirus hammered demand for flights.*
· *The billionaire investor's company.. Business Insider - Published
The merger of Sprint Corp. and T-Mobile US Inc., a start-and-stop combination years in the process, is official. With the deal completed, the Kansas City area’s largest public company is no longer.. bizjournals - Published
· *Redfex, a company that operates red-light cameras in the US and Canada, says revenues are down as people drive less. *
· *In Pennsylvania, road construction has been halted amid the.. Business Insider - Published
· Google, Apple, HP, Microsoft, and Amazon all say that they started in garages.
· Now, they are some of the most valuable companies in the world and are worth billions.
· The idea of starting in.. Business Insider - Published
Growing fear over the coronavirus pandemic has sparked a rise in scam activity, counterfeit products, price gouging and fake cures. Consumers worry about the prevalence of fake goods amid the.. bizjournals - Published
Here's what you need to know before the markets open.
1. *Warren Buffett could bail out airlines, hotels, and casinos as coronavirus ravages their revenues*. The billionaire investor is "circling.. Business Insider - Published
· *Warren Buffett is monitoring some of the businesses being hammered by the novel coronavirus, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.*
· *The billionaire investor is "circling the.. Business Insider - Published
Contract workers at Apple's Silicon Valley campuses will continue to be paid their normal wages while Santa Clara County's shelter in place order is in effect, an Apple spokesperson told The Wall.. MacRumours.com - Published
· *Xerox is ending its hostile bid to take over Hewlett-Packard, ending a corporate battle that got derailed by the coronavirus crisis, according to a report.*
· *Xerox will withdraw its more than.. Business Insider - Published
· The workplace chat app Slack is releasing its first national advertising campaign as a public company — a public service announcement to support people on the frontlines of the coronavirus.
·.. Business Insider - Published
· As coronavirus sweeps across the globe, governments are stepping up surveillance of their citizens.
· A new index from digital rights group Top10VPN documents which countries are introducing new.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors in the $8 trillion market for corporate debt are showing a preference for higher quality due to the sudden economic downturn.
· Five experts shared where they are finding value in this.. Business Insider - Published
· *Free streaming-TV services like Pluto TV and Xumo are fast-tracking channel launches and leaning into news, education, and "lean-back" programming, to attract viewers who have more time at.. Business Insider - Published
· Eurasia Group president Ian Bremmer says in the face of the coronavirus pandemic, Trump been a profound failure in two ways.
· First, the president has been a communications disaster and provided.. Business Insider - Published
· Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' reported deal to purchase late Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen's Beverly Hills property has fallen through, according to the Los Angeles Times.
· The 120-acre development.. Business Insider - Published
Online-hiring marketplace ZipRecruiter Inc. is slashing its headcount — including at its Tempe office — as companies slow or halt hiring employees amid the coronavirus pandemic. The Santa.. bizjournals - Published
· *"We shouldn't be banning short selling," Jay Clayton, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission said in a Monday interview with CNBC.*
· *A number of countries including the UK, Spain,.. Business Insider - Published
The U.S. government is using smartphone location data from the mobile ad industry to track people's movements amid the coronavirus outbreak, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Local.. MacRumours.com - Published
· The US is setting up a system to study where people are moving and congregating during the coronavirus pandemic, The Wall Street Journal reports.
· Sources told the Journal that federal and state.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Monday.
1. *The US government is using location data from millions of phones to track the spread of coronavirus.* The CDC, and state and.. Business Insider - Published
The use of phone location tracking to keep tabs on COVID-19 is becoming increasingly common, and the US appears to be no exception. Wall Street Journal sources say federal (via the CDC), state and.. engadget - Published
· Billionaire Citadel founder Ken Griffin has built one of the most well-known brands in hedge-fund history, and those who have worked for him have benefitted.
· A Business Insider review has found.. Business Insider - Published