Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind Contact Has Begun Documentary Movie - Plot synopsis: As UFO's suddenly grace the covers of the NY Times and Washington Post in the age of "fake news" and conspiracy..
AP Photo/Alex Brandon Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly reportedly told a colleague that President Donald Trump wanted to fire the commander of an aircraft carrier who warned of the coronavirus..
Americans expecting a stimulus check can expect it in their bank accounts by April 15. According to Business Insider, the IRS wants to try and make payments to people via direct deposit. Yet many who..
The IRS will begin sending out coronavirus stimulus checks as soon as April 9.
This is according to an internal distribution plan obtained by The Washington Post.
Electronic payments will be sent out..
· The White House is reportedly seeking to reopen as much of the US economy it can get open by April 30, the deadline for the end of strict social distancing measures.
· Trump earlier suggested.. Business Insider - Published
· MacKenzie Bezos has ranked on Forbes' Billionaires List for the first time ever.
· She has an estimated net worth of $36 billion.
· MacKenzie is now one of the 25 richest billionaires and one of.. Business Insider - Published
China has cautiously begun lifting lockdowns as the country's coronavirus infection rates slow, with factories reopening and people returning to work. The danger isn't over yet though, as the.. Mashable - Published
Foxconn and other factories in China have implemented stringent measures to prevent the another viral outbreak in the country, according to an overview of the practices shared today by The Washington.. MacRumours.com - Published
Linda Tripp has died. The civil servant who infamously secretly taped conversations with Monica Lewinsky regarding her relationship with President Bill Clinton, passed away at 70, the Washington Post.. Just Jared - Published
NPR's Mary Louise Kelly speaks with David Brooks of The New York Times and E.J. Dionne of The Washington Post about the need for comfort while sheltering in place during the coronavirus pandemic. NPR - Published
· *A Small Business Administration official was recorded chastising big banks, accusing them of purposefully slowing down a program to lend to small businesses hurt by the coronavirus. *
· *Joseph.. Business Insider - Published
· A top federal official in the Small Business Administration blasted big banks that took bailout money in 2008 for not quickly loaning money to struggling small businesses weathering the fallout from.. Business Insider - Published
· MacKenzie Bezos has made the Forbes' Billionaires List for the first time, with an estimated net worth of $36 billion.
· This makes her the fourth-richest woman in the world.
· She and Jeff.. Business Insider - Published
· Foxconn Technology Group, Apple's largest manufacturing partner, has reopened its factories in China and is imposing strict measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
· The Taiwanese company is.. Business Insider - Published
· Former Facebook security chief Alex Stamos will be working with Zoom as an outside consultant to help it improve its privacy and security.
· The announcement comes after Zoom has encountered a.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — A Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The Washington Post has written an unauthorized biography of first lady Melania Trump. Mary Jordan’s “The Art of Her Deal,” which draws.. Seattle Times - Published
· The nation's biggest ad agencies are calling on advertisers to more closely monitor where their ads run as news publishers are struggling to monetize big spikes in coronavirus-related news.. Business Insider - Published
Let me introduce you to Soda Pup, a very good dog who is delivering wine during these troubling times.
The handsome and, quite frankly, smart-as-hell boxer was highlighted in the Washington Post.. Mashable - Published
· The White House wants a phase four coronavirus aid bill that includes a bunch of handouts for the wealthy — like a cuts to capital gains and payroll taxes — according to the Washington Post.. Business Insider - Published
On Monday, Jimmy Kimmel really wished Donald Trump would wear a mask to prevent the spread of coronavirus and even suggested it might make him a better president — mainly because it would make it.. The Wrap - Published
Boeing will conduct another unmanned test flight to demonstrate the Starliner spacecraft after its first attempt failed to reach the ISS. According to The Washington Post, the repeat flight will take.. engadget - Published
President Donald Trump lashed out Monday at Jonathan Karl, ABC News chief Washington correspondent and co-anchor of “This Week With George Stephanopoulos,” calling the newsman a “third-rate.. The Wrap - Published
· As consumers spend time at home in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus, many are tuning into livestreams on platforms like YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
· Tubular Labs, a.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple celebrated its 24th birthday on April 1.
· The tech giant, which today is worth about $1 trillion, almost didn't make it this far — it struggled in the '90s until Steve Jobs returned as.. Business Insider - Published
President Donald Trump attacked the New York Times and Washington Post for low advertising numbers amid the coronavirus crisis, suggesting the drop was caused by “fake news.”
“Advertising in.. The Wrap - Published
After President *Donald Trump* finished his quote-tweeting of a Fox News contributor, he continued his Monday morning by taking shots at The New York Times and the Washington Post in the midst of the.. Mediaite - Published
· Capt. Brett Crozier of the USS Theodore Roosevelt reportedly believed his dire letter warning of the coronavirus outbreak aboard his ship would not be allowed to be sent by his superiors.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
· Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly reportedly told a colleague that President Donald Trump wanted to fire the commander of an aircraft carrier who warned of the coronavirus outbreak aboard.. Business Insider - Published
Washington Post Executive Editor *Marty Baron* defended his paper on Sunday by explaining how President *Donald Trump* supposedly failed to heed warnings about how serious the coronavirus could be. Mediaite - Published
· The $2 trillion stimulus package contained a substantial pot of money for bailouts of large corporations and businesses.
· But the cruise line industry will be left out since the largest companies.. Business Insider - Published
Your boss may not be the only one secretly replaying your Zoom meetings.
Thousands of recorded Zoom meetings are floating around the open web — available for anyone to watch. The exposed video.. Mashable - Published
· *Under the stimulus, many Americans would receive $1,200 from the federal government to bolster their finances.*
· *The government has twice before sent checks to Americans who had filed tax.. Business Insider - Published
· The Israeli spyware firm NSO Group is alleging that Facebook tried to buy its software in 2017 in order to monitor the activities of Facebook users.
· NSO Group made the allegation in a new court.. Business Insider - Published
*AUSTIN, TX / ACCESSWIRE / April 3, 2020 / *As the global pandemic unfolds, the repercussions of the outbreak are becoming clear. According to John Hopkins University, deaths from Coronavirus now.. Accesswire - Published
· Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates told The Daily Show that his foundation is funding the construction of factories for seven different candidates for a coronavirus vaccine.
· Gates said that at.. Business Insider - Published
· Bill Gates estimates the US needs at least 10 more weeks of nationwide shutdown to minimize the human and economic toll of coronavirus.
· "The window for making important decisions hasn't closed,".. Business Insider - Published
Fox News primetime host Sean Hannity went on an unhinged rant against The New York Times and Washington Post Wednesday night - which featured bashing writers from the newspapers, making fun of their.. Mediaite - Published
· Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg says the company has learned two important lessons about misinformation since the 2016 election.
· In a recent interview with Business Insider, Sandberg said Facebook.. Business Insider - Published
NPR's Rachel Martin talks to Michelle Singletary, who writes about personal finance for The Washington Post, about what people can do during the coronavirus outbreak to ensure more financial security. NPR - Published
engage:BDR Ltd (ASX:EN1) has formed an Advisory Council to enable access to key incremental clients, publishers, strategic partners and technologies through the influence of respected AdTech industry.. Proactive Investors - Published
· The workplace chat app Slack is releasing its first national advertising campaign as a public company — a public service announcement to support people on the frontlines of the coronavirus.
·.. Business Insider - Published
Growing up in west Texas, food writer and author Joe Yonan loved to cook. He remembers the first meal he whipped up — chicken fried steak, a Texas favorite. He eventually became a newspaper reporter,.. CBS News - Published
· As coronavirus sweeps across the globe, governments are stepping up surveillance of their citizens.
· A new index from digital rights group Top10VPN documents which countries are introducing new.. Business Insider - Published
· Eurasia Group president Ian Bremmer says in the face of the coronavirus pandemic, Trump been a profound failure in two ways.
· First, the president has been a communications disaster and provided.. Business Insider - Published
Vice announced Monday that as the coronavirus pandemic crushes ad revenue it would be cutting salaries for employees who make over $100,000 per year, halting the matching of 401k contributions for 60.. The Wrap - Published
David Lat, lawyer and founder of the “Above the Law” blog, has used social media to chronicle his coronavirus symptoms, diagnosis, hospitalization and path to recovery for weeks. On Saturday, he.. The Wrap - Published
· Some conservatives have suggested that the US can either save lives in the coronavirus pandemic or the economy.
· Economists say no trade-off has to be made.
· Experts say the only way to rescue.. Business Insider - Published
Gannett is cutting pay and implementing furloughs for journalists at newspapers throughout its national media company as ad revenue plummets among the coronavirus crisis and the details of the plan.. The Wrap - Published
Watch the latest video at foxnews.com
During an interview on Fox News Monday morning, President Donald Trump attacked the Washington Post instead of China when asked about “disinformation” from.. The Wrap - Published
Sen. Bernie Sanders, who has said he will do everything he can to defeat President Donald Trump, even if Joe Biden is the likely nominee, would watch as 15% of his supporters jump ship to Trump,.. Mediaite - Published
Updated Monday, March 30 at 6:30 a.m. PT with the new dates for the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
Worries about the growing coronavirus pandemic, which has so far infected more than 7,000.. The Wrap - Published
· Facebook reportedly failed to investigate misinformation from right-wing news site The Daily Wire over concerns it could set off a Republican backlash.
· According to the New York Times,.. Business Insider - Published
In this broadcast hosted by Lee Cowan, David Pogue looks at how to work from home without losing your mind. Plus: Jane Pauley sits down with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, who are acting.. CBS News - Published