· *Jeff Bezos, the wealthiest person alive, has pledged to spend $10 billion to fight climate change.*
· *Bezos became nearly $2 billion richer after selling some of his Amazon stock earlier this.. Business Insider - Published
HONG KONG — A Hong Kong woman fell victim to the new coronavirus after a man residing 10 floors directly above her unit became sick. The South Morning China Post reports on Tuesday that the new cases..
MEDFORD, MASSACHUSETTS — A joint study by Tuft University and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature has found that fireflies are being threatened by habitat loss, light pollution and..
Here are some things you should know about the Coronavirus. Coronaviruses are named for their crown-shaped spikes. According to the CDC, they can cause upper-respiratory tract illnesses including the..
Credit: In The Know Wibbitz Duration: 01:52Published
NPR's Noel King talks to Washington Post reporter Hannah Dreier, whose investigation found that therapists are sharing their notes on detained migrant children with immigration officials. NPR - Published
A leaked document from a county in China’s northwest details the personal information of some 3,000 Uyghurs. It gives violation of birth control policies as the most common reason for their.. Eurasia Review - Published Also reported by •CNA
Washington D.C., Feb 17, 2020 / 01:40 pm (CNA).- Former cardinal Theodore McCarrick was a major donor to a religious community whose founder was found guilty of sexual misconduct.
The Washington.. CNA - Published
Washington D.C., Feb 17, 2020 / 09:00 am (CNA).- Catholic business leaders have said a work-life balance is critical for success after a video of presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg advising.. CNA - Published
Former cardinal Theodore McCarrick gave almost $1 million to the Incarnate Word missionary order, in a series of contributions from his private account. The founder of that order, Father Carlos Buela,.. Catholic Culture - Published
Counselor to President Trump Kellyanne Conway joined Democrats in their criticism of Michael Bloomberg, after a Washington Post report detailed allegations of inappropriate comments towards women and.. FOXNews.com - Published
· *Sen. Bernie Sanders is drawing strong support among young voters, particularly those aged 18 to 29, as a result of his pledges to enact universal healthcare and wipe out student debt.*
· *But.. Business Insider - Published
The nation's third contest in the 2020 Democratic race is just one week away. As presidential candidates campaign to win Nevada voters, candidate Michael Bloomberg is pushing back against a Washington.. CBS News - Published
The intelligence coup of the century Greg Miller, The Washington Post This in-depth report tells the story of Crypto AG, a Switzerland-based company that achieved success for its code-making machines.. engadget - Published
· Chris Martin is the CEO of C. F. Martin & Co., the most famous maker of acoustic guitars in the world.
· The company was founded by his great-great-great-grandfather, a German immigrant, in.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Trump administration announced it would follow through with threats to slap steep tariffs on the European Union on Friday.*
· *The move marked the latest effort to penalize the bloc in a.. Business Insider - Published
Facebook said Friday that the company will nix a San Francisco event it had planned in March due to possible health issues from the fast-spreading coronavirus, the Washington Post reported Friday... bizjournals - Published
*Welcome to Cultivated, our weekly newsletter where we're bringing you an inside look at the deals, trends, and personalities driving the multibillion-dollar global cannabis boom. *
*Sign up here to.. Business Insider - Published
Scorecard checks back on our headlines from a year ago. This is an update to the Jan. 25, 2019, story, "Local media veteran preps relaunch of Nashville Banner." Then: Steve Cavendish, the former editor.. bizjournals - Published
President Donald Trump is enraged with his Department of Justice over its failure to act against political enemies like former FBI Director James Comey and others, according to a Washington Post.. Mediaite - Published
CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin condemned President Donald Trump’s “grotesque” attempts at manipulating the Justice Department for political retribution and warned that fellow network.. Mediaite - Published
· *Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos, is the wealthiest person in the world, with a net worth of $132 billion.*
· *He has five real estate investments and is one of the country's largest land owners.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
President Donald Trump sees his rhetoric as a political advantage with no downsides, but a Washington Post report suggests it is having a poisonous effect among children and within schools since.. Mediaite - Published
Donald Trump does not like Amazon CEO and Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos, and that dislike may have just cost Microsoft — yes, Microsoft — $10 billion. At least for now, anyway.
According.. Mashable - Published
· Snapchat is testing a major redesign of its flagship app.
· According to The Verge's Casey Newton, the company is carrying out two tests rolled out to a small percentage of Snapchat's user.. Business Insider - Published
· Former South Bend, Indiana, mayor Pete Buttigieg finished a close second to Senator Bernie Sanders in the New Hampshire presidential primary.
· Buttigieg has faced sharp criticism from.. Business Insider - Published
· *President Donald Trump has tapped former White House economic adviser Judy Shelton for a powerful position at the Federal Reserve.*
· *Shelton has for years advocated for highly unconventional.. Business Insider - Published
Washington D.C., Feb 12, 2020 / 12:00 pm (CNA).- Black Catholic communities have been a part of the Church in the Washington, DC area for centuries.
But it wasn’t until the height of the Civil War.. CNA - Published
Concord, N.H., Feb 12, 2020 / 10:33 am (CNA).- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) narrowly won Tuesday night’s Democratic New Hampshire primary, with third-place Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) getting the.. CNA - Published
· President Trump highlighted the best-performing companies on the stock market so far this year, holding up a sign that said "the trillion $ club" in an Oval Office briefing held Tuesday.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
· The CIA secretly bought a Swiss company that sold encrypted devices and rigged them to spy on clients, according to confidential documents published by The Washington Post and ZDF Tuesday.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
· TikTok has exploded onto the US social scene in the last year, attracting millions of teens who scour the platform for viral memes and create their own short videos.
· However, there is little.. Business Insider - Published
· *Microsoft fired back at Amazon in their legal duel over JEDI, saying the cloud giant's protest is based on "sensationalist and politicized rhetoric.*
· *Amazon is challenging the Pentagon's.. Business Insider - Published
· *Puerto Rico struck a deal with bondholders Sunday that reduces debt by $24 billion while agreeing to pay back debt 10 years sooner than before.*
· *Puerto Rico has struggled as two.. Business Insider - Published
· Former Hillary Clinton pollster Mark Penn plans to move most of his advertising and PR holding company MDC Partners to One World Trade Center by the end of 2020, two high-level sources told Business.. Business Insider - Published
GENEVA (AP) — Swiss authorities said Tuesday they have opened an investigation into allegations a Zug, Switzerland-based maker of encryption devices was a front operated by the CIA and West German.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Amazon said President Trump was influenced by Oracle CEO Safra Catz to "screw" the tech giant's bid for the $10 billion JEDI contract.*
· *In a federal court filing Monday related to Amazon's.. Business Insider - Published
· *Amazon told a federal court it wants to depose President Trump in connection with its legal case challenging the Pentagon's decision to award the $10 billion JEDI contract to Microsoft.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Amazon wants to depose President Donald Trump over the tech company's losing bid for a $10 billion military contract.
The Pentagon awarded the cloud computing project to.. SeattlePI.com - Published
The owner of Washington's NFL team is hedging his bets by making overtures to Virginia lawmakers to allow the team to get a potential sports betting license weeks after doing the same in Maryland. Dan.. bizjournals - Published
· *Trump is making the strength of the economy central to his re-election bid.*
· *He has good reason to, given strong job growth, low unemployment and decent annual wage gains.*
· *"The economy.. Business Insider - Published
NPR's Audie Cornish talks with David Brooks of The New York Times and E.J. Dionne of The Washington Post, whose new book is Code Red, about who wins from the Iowa caucuses and the impeachment process. NPR - Published
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham, who has not held a public press briefing during her entire eight-month tenure, slammed the press in a memo sent to network TV anchors for leaking details.. Mediaite - Published
· Jeff Bezos has taken to Instagram to vent following a Washington Post interview with White House trade adviser Peter Navarro.
· In the interview, Navarro said Bezos told him at a recent party.. Business Insider - Published
· *Jeff Bezos, the wealthiest person alive, just became nearly $2 billion richer after selling some of his Amazon stock.*
· *As Amazon's founder and CEO, Bezos was the first person in modern history.. Business Insider - Published
CBS News responded Thursday after morning anchor Gayle King tweeted about backlash she received from her Wednesday interview with Lisa Leslie. The network said it is “addressing the internal process.. The Wrap - Published