Joe Biden has spent weeks telling audiences he was arrested in apartheid South Africa.
He claims he was arrested while trying to meet with Nelson Mandela.
There has been speculation from the New York..
Washington D.C., Mar 20, 2020 / 12:00 pm (CNA).- Efforts to combat the spread of coronavirus should not be used to override ethical restrictions on the use of aborted fetal tissue in medical.. CNA - Published
· *Richard Burr, Kelly Loeffler, James Inhofe, and Dianne Feinstein came under fire after reports emerged they had sold stock as coronavirus spread in the US.*
· *Burr was significantly criticized.. Business Insider - Published
*STERLING, VA / ACCESSWIRE / March 20, 2020 / *HomeWork Solutions, industry experts in household payroll and employment taxes, have announced an effort to ensure domestic employees get access to paid.. Accesswire - Published
Stealing, it turns out, is wrong.
That's a lesson former Google engineer, self-driving truck startup founder, and Uber executive Anthony Levandowski will be learning the hard way as he faces a.. Mashable - Published
· The NBA has hired Spotify marketing executive Danielle Lee for the newly created role of SVP of fan marketing.
· Lee's first job will be to help the league get through the coronavirus crisis after.. Business Insider - Published
· Robocall scammers are adding the coronavirus pandemic to signature scam pitches, like offering new information on how the pandemic affects student loan debts.
· Robocall blocking service YouMail.. Business Insider - Published
Washington Post White House photographer Jabin Botsford captured an incredible photo showing that President Donald Trump crossed out with a sharpie marker the word "Corona" and replaced with the word.. Mediaite - Published
· Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates hosted a Reddit Q&A about the ongoing coronavirus crisis on Wednesday.
· Answering a question about the frequency of testing in Seattle, Gates said testing in the US.. Business Insider - Published
Former D.C. Councilman Jack Evans told The Washington Post he will not run in a special election for his former Ward 2 seat. “I have decided it is best to not seek to run for the position which I.. bizjournals - Published
· *New data around weekly unemployment insurance claims offers an early glimpse at how severe of a toll coronavirus will take on the US economy.*
· *US jobless claims rose to 281,000 for the week.. Business Insider - Published
· *The coronavirus pandemic is threatening to plunge the nation into a recession, and signs are emerging significant numbers of Americans are already losing their jobs.*
· *At least 11 states saw.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. *Amazon confirmed its first US warehouse case of COVID-19**.* An Amazon warehouse worker in Queens tested positive for the.. Business Insider - Published
· Mark Zuckerberg said Facebook isn't looking to share users' location data with the US government to help it track the coronavirus.
· On Tuesday, The Washington Post reported that the government is.. Business Insider - Published
China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said American reporters from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post have 10 days to surrender their press credentials if they expire before the.. CBS News - Published
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on action in the financial markets (all times local):
European markets closed with heavy losses Wednesday on concerns that the coronavirus outbreak will cause.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *The Trump administration rescue plan echoes one part of Warren's proposed guidelines for companies seeking a bailout as a result of the economic fallout from the coronavirus.*
· *The Washington.. Business Insider - Published
· Facebook is offering the premium version of Workplace Advanced, its cloud software for businesses, for free to emergency services and government organizations for 12 months, to help those fighting.. Business Insider - Published
· *It's appearing likely that Americans will get government money to help increase spending as a result of the economic damage from the coronavirus.*
· *The Trump administration announced it was.. Business Insider - Published
· Facebook has built a tool meant to help track the movements and demographics of people affected by a disease outbreak.
· The tool, called Disease Prevention Maps, was first released in 2019. Now,.. Business Insider - Published
A monologue from Fox News host Tucker Carlson was "a turning point" in President Donald Trump finally taking the coronavirus seriously, according to a new report from the Washington Post. Mediaite - Published
BEIJING (AP) — At least 13 American journalists stand to be expelled from China in retaliation for a new limit imposed by the Trump administration on visas for Chinese state-owned media operating in.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Google workers are raising concerns internally about the company's treatment of contract workers amid the coronavirus pandemic.*
· *In an internal memo seen by Business Insider, workers are.. Business Insider - Published
· The coronavirus outbreak that originated in China has killed 7,800 people worldwide and infected more than 196,000, according to recent totals.
· On March 16, the San Francisco Bay Area was.. Business Insider - Published
China on Tuesday escalated its tit-for-tat propaganda war with the United States over who's to blame for the spread of the coronavirus by placing restrictive measures on several top media companies.. FOXNews.com - Published
The Chinese government has announced that the U.S. employees of The New York Times, The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and Time will have to turn in their journalists' credentials in 10 days. NPR - Published
· Google, Facebook, and other major tech companies are reportedly in talks with the US government to aggregate people's location data to help track the spread of COVID-19.
· The proposed.. Business Insider - Published
Beijing ordered certain staff at The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal to halt reporting inside China, in retaliation for a State Department move against Chinese outlets. NPR - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
The United States government is in talks with Facebook, Google, and other tech companies about how location data from smartphones can be used to combat the coronavirus, reports The Washington.. MacRumours.com - Published
U.S. government officials are currently in discussion with a number of tech companies, including Facebook and Google, around how data from cell phones might provide methods for combatting the ongoing.. TechCrunch - Published
BEIJING (AP) — China says it will revoke the credentials of Americans at three U.S. newspapers in response to new U.S. restrictions on Chinese media.
In a news release posted online, the foreign.. SeattlePI.com - Published
As China continues to handle the fallout of the novel coronavirus that first originated in Wuhan in Hubei province in early-to-mid December, the Chinese Communist Party announced today that it would.. TechCrunch - Published
· *The Trump administration doesn't appear to have a unified message on the likelihood of a recession.*
· *Trump, Larry Kudlow, and Steven Mnuchin have all responded differently on whether there.. Business Insider - Published
The Trump administration is heading to Congress to ask for a $850 billion stimulus package to stabilize an economy shaken by the dramatic response to the novel coronavirus, according to multiple.. TechCrunch - Published Also reported by •Business Insider
Famed D.C. movie house the Uptown Theater in Cleveland Park closed its doors for good on Thursday, according to reports. Operator AMC Theatres confirmed the permanent closure to The Washington Post... bizjournals - Published
· Amazon was founded in 1994 by Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos.
· Nearly all of the company's earliest 21 employees have since left the company for other ventures like philanthropy, entrepreneurship,.. Business Insider - Published
Social networks haven’t done enough to prevent manipulation of voters on their platforms in 2020, according to an overwhelming majority of tech experts surveyed by The Washington Post. Companies.. Seattle Times - Published
· The full economic toll from the coronavirus won't be known for months, but low-income Americans are most at risk.
· "Because of that vulnerability, it means they'll feel the impact first and.. Business Insider - Published
First it happened in China. Now, Italy. The coronavirus struck hard, and authorities responded with sweeping interventions to keep people from spreading the disease further. As citizens hunkered down.. Seattle Times - Published
· The Pentagon on Thursday said it "wishes to reconsider" its decision to award the $10 billion JEDI cloud computing contract to Microsoft.
· Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives said it's likely the.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon is reconsidering its awarding of a major cloud computing contract to Microsoft after rival tech giant Amazon protested what it called a flawed bidding process.
U.S... SeattlePI.com - Published