TOKYO (AP) — Online services Yahoo Japan and Line Corp. have announced they are merging.
Z Holdings Corp., which owns SoftBank Corp. that operates Yahoo Japan, and Naver Corp. of South Korea,.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Monday.
1. *Apple banned all vaping apps from the App Store.* The firm banned all 181 vaping-related apps from the App Store amidst growing.. Business Insider - Published
SoftBank Corp announced today that it has reached an agreement to merge with Z Holdings (the SoftBank subsidiary formerly known as Yahoo Japan) and Line Corp, in a move they hope will better position.. TechCrunch - Published
According to Nikkei, messaging app Line and Yahoo Japan are about to merge and form a single tech company. Despite the name, Yahoo Japan is currently 100% owned by Z Holdings, a company that is.. TechCrunch - Published
· Masayoshi Son, the billionaire founder and CEO of Japanese holding company SoftBank, is worth an estimated $14.1 billion, according to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index.
· SoftBank, a Japanese.. Business Insider - Published
· Starship is the new rocket system that SpaceX is developing to ferry dozens of people to Mars.
· Elon Musk, the company's founder and CEO, plans to unveil the latest design of the fully reusable.. Business Insider - Published
· *Some of the biggest and most promising tech companies in the world including Uber, WeWork, Indian ecommerce giant Flipkart and TikTok owner ByteDance have raised billions from a single,.. Business Insider - Published
· An aide to Elon Musk hired a private investigator to research Vernon Unsworth, a British diver who sued Musk after the Tesla CEO called him a "pedo guy" in a July 2018 tweet.
· Musk alleged that.. Business Insider - Published
· Over the past year, Elon Musk has been engaged in a legal battle with Vernon Unsworth, a British diver who was involved in last year's rescue of a youth soccer team and its coach from a cave in.. Business Insider - Published
· Yusaku Maezawa plans to sell a 30% stake in his online fashion retail company, Zozo, to Yahoo Japan. As part of the $3.7 billion tender offer, Maezawa will resign take home $2.3 billion.
· During.. Business Insider - Published
TOKYO (AP) — Yahoo Japan Corp. announced on Thursday a tender offer worth an estimated 400 billion yen ($3.7 billion) for Zozo Inc., a Japanese online retailer started by a celebrity tycoon.
Zozo.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Paytm, India’s biggest mobile payments firm, now has 10 million customers in Japan, the company said as it pushes to expand its reach in international markets. Paytm entered Japan last October after.. TechCrunch - Published
TOKYO (AP) — Japanese technology company SoftBank Group Corp. has seen its fiscal first quarter profit nearly quadruple to 1.122 trillion yen ($10.6 billion) as its fund investments boosted.. SeattlePI.com - Published
TOKYO (AP) — Japanese internet company SoftBank Group Corp. has set up a new fund for investing in technologies such as artificial intelligence.
Tokyo-based SoftBank said Friday its $108 billion.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *On July 1, 7-Eleven Japan launched a mobile payment app, called 7pay, that had the security flaw of allowing anyone to reset any other user's password, ZDNet reported. *
· *Bad actors accessed.. Business Insider - Published