Analysts at ING suggest that not enough risk premium is priced in GBP until there is some clarity on a leadership challenge and there is a risk that we end up with a more Brexit-leaning leader.
*Key.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
by Simon Baxendale -
British Prime Minister Theresa May asserts her Cabinet has backed her draft plan for Brexit - but could a vote of no confidence be in the cards? With all the back-and-forth that.. Credit: One News Page Staff - Published
According to a report by Reuters, on Thursday, lawmaker Jacob Rees-Mogg said that a leadership challenge to British Prime Minister Theresa May could be completed in weeks rather than months. Rees-Mogg..
London mayor Boris Johnson says the city's Olympic traffic lanes, reserved for athletes and officials, are essential for host cities. But the move hasn't gone down well with London's taxi drivers, many..
In a market wrap, analysts at Westpac explained that Sterling bounced as UK and EU negotiators announced agreement on Brexit details, but worries over UK political resistance capped its gains. Crude.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *We continue to trade through the Brexit angst and forever conflicting headlines.***
· *EUR/GBP is now UP and en route to test the 50% retracement of today's drop from 0.8742.*
· *EUR/GBP is.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/USD fails to capitalise on reports of EU - **UK** reaching **Brexit** agreement.*
· *Lawmakers say they will vote against the deal.*
· *The Cabinet is scheduled to meet on Wednesday to.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
According to Reuters, former UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson will vote against the Brexit deal and lawmaker Jacob Rees-Mogg says he hopes that the Cabinet and the Parliament will block the Brexit.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Comments are crossing the wires, via Reuters, by the former UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, as he says that *a Brexit deal* will be reached but it will mean surrender by the UK.
*Additional.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
As reported by the UK's Telegraph media outlet, the UK's ex-Brexit minister, Boris Johnson, is accusing the PM's current Brexit plans as a recipe for a captive UK, and Johnson continues to call for a.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Pound drops across the board after Jo Johnson resigns as transport minister.*
· *GBP/USD eyes daily lows, back into negative territory for the week.*
The GBP/USD pair spiked to 1.3055 but.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Conservative politician, and Boris Johnson's brother, Jo Johnson has recently announced his resignation in a Medium post titled "Why I cannot support the Government’s proposed Brexit deal." Below are.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *There are some mixed headlines over Brexit from the weekend.*
· *GBP/USD gapped to 1.3030 but the pound can remain within familiar ranges.*
· *GBP/USD Forecast: Sterling could gap higher on.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Facebook announced on Friday the appointment of former UK deputy prime minister Nick Clegg as its new VP for global affairs and communications.*
· *Clegg has expressed virulent opposition to US.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Former UK Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, in his weekly column in the Telegraph newspaper to be published on Monday, urged the UK PM Theresa May to change track on the Brexit deal and stand up to.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Theresa May hosted a dinner with top business leaders when the US president visited the UK in July.*
· *According to one attendee, Brent Hoberman, Trump.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
As reported by the UK Telegraph, UK Prime Minister Theresa May is set to ask her cabinet to push through a customs union agreement on Brexit, as May's opponents threaten to tear down her.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Reuters reports comments from the British Cabinet Office Minister Lidington, as he says that the Cabinet has not demanded that UK PM May sets date to quit.
On Tuesday, the former British Foreign.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
BIRMINGHAM, England (AP) — Prime Minister Theresa May will urge her fractured Conservative Party to unite behind “decent, moderate and patriotic” policies, a day after her rival Boris Johnson.. Credit: Seattle Times - Published
Analysts at Danske Bank point out that yesterday, the UK's Boris Johnson spoke on the conservative party congress, which proved to be a non-event for markets.
“Tail risks related.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
As reported by Reuters, UK Prime Minister Theresa May is thumbing her nose at her critics, attempting to cool public opinion, assuring whoever will listen that Brexit is an opportunity that is full of.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published