As we get set for a new trading week, albeit with the US out on holiday in honour of Martin Luther King Jr. Day., there are a few noteworthy headlines in the weekend press including, *U.S. government.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The cross moves higher on GBP-selling, clinches the 0.88 handle.*
· *UK Retail Sales disappointed expectations in December.*
· *PM T.May starts her cross-party talks on a ‘Plan B” for.. FXstreet.com - Published
Britain's last-minute scramble to shape its exit from the EU, its biggest policy upheaval in half a century, hit the rocks on Thursday as Prime Minister Theresa May and opposition Labour leader Jeremy..
A political analyst said that the narrow margin of the result of Tuesday's vote of confidence in Theresa May's government was "a very stark reminder" to the prime minister that "her ability to keep her..
According to a report by Reuters, on Wednesday, Prime Minister Theresa May won a confidence vote in the British Parliament before inviting other party leaders for immediate talks to try and break the..
Prime Minister Theresa May has survived the vote of no confidence bought to the Commons following her failed Brexit deal. 306 MPs voted in favour, and 325 MPs voted against. Report by Browna. Like us..
In an interview with public broadcaster ZDF late-Thursday, Germany’s Foreign Minister Heiko Maas noted that he thinks there should be a discussion about reopening the draft Brexit deal, but only if.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Despite a bullish push to end the week, Cable markets remain tense as Brexit uncertainty settles in for the long haul.*
· *PM May may have won her no-confidence vote, but her hands remain tied,.. FXstreet.com - Published
· ***GBP/JPY looks set to report the biggest weekly gain since late October. *
· *Falling odds of "soft Brexit" and risk-on action in the equities could keep GBP/JPY on the offensive. *
GBP/JPY.. FXstreet.com - Published
· Guppy looking healthy to cap off the week, bidding into the high end for Friday.
· Challenging the 142.00 handle has the Guppy challenging a four-week high.
GBP/JPY got a much-needed boost on.. FXstreet.com - Published
NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with Jeremy Cliffe, Brussels bureau chief for The Economist, about how the European Parliament is reacting to the failure of the British Parliament to approve the Brexit deal. NPR - Published
The EU's Chief Brexit Negotiator, Michel Barnier, recently crossed the wires reiterating that the Brexit agreement negotiated with British Prime Minister Theresa May was the best possible deal. "We.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • Chances of a delayed Brexit continue to extend some support to the British Pound. • The USD gets a minor lift after upbeat US data and kept a lid on any strong up-move. *
The.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The Bank of England's Credit Conditions Survey outlines a slowdown in demand for mortgages and credit cards ahead of the UK leaving the European Union on March 31. *
· *UK lenders expect.. Business Insider - Published
· *According to the Gates Foundation, fewer babies and toddlers are dying than ever before: the global mortality rate for children under five has declined by more than 50% since 1990.*
· *This is.. Business Insider - Published
The European Union (EU) Chief Brexit Negotiator Michel Barnier is on the wires now, via Reuters, with the key comments found below.
“We are in a serious moment in Brexit.”
“Brexit deal is.. FXstreet.com - Published
LONDON (AP) — British Prime Minister Theresa May is reaching out to opposition parties and other lawmakers Thursday in a battle to keep Brexit on track after surviving a no-confidence vote. European.. Seattle Times - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May survived a no-confidence vote in her government, freeing her to restart the grinding process of finding a compromise Brexit deal that Parliament can approve. Wall Street Journal - Published
· *After this week's Brexit deal blowout, the Pound is struggling to gain momentum as uncertainty remains.*
· *A lack of data sees GBP/USD still trading at the mercy of Brexit-focused.. FXstreet.com - Published
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon spoke at the Economic Club of New York on Wednesday. The speech comes two days after the New York-based banking giant (NYSE: JPM) reported disappointing quarterly.. bizjournals - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May survived another no-confidence vote Wednesday by 19 votes, after lawmakers rejected her Brexit deal. But as the deadline approaches, Americans are beginning to.. CBS News - Published
As reported by the UK's Guardian, 170-plus UK business owners and firms are throwing their weight behind a second Brexit referendum, signing a letter urging Britain's leaders to give the people of the.. FXstreet.com - Published
· The Dow Jones Industrial Average, DJIA, climbed 182 points, or 0.8%, to 24,248.
· S&P 500 index added 11 points, or 0.4%, to 2,621.
· The Nasdaq Composite Index put on 20 points, 0.3%, to.. FXstreet.com - Published
After the Parliament voted down British Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit deal on Tuesday, the opposition Labour Party tabled a no confidence in the government. If PM May loses the vote, there could.. FXstreet.com - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local): 11:45 a.m. Stocks are rising in midday trading on Wall Street following strong results from major banks including.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *GBP/USD is sideways following a tremendous, albeit, suspect, comeback rally following Prime Minister May's impressive defeating Brexit deal vote which triggered the opposition party to table a.. FXstreet.com - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stocks are rising further Wednesday morning following strong results from major banks including Goldman Sachs and Bank of America. Technology and consumer-focused companies also.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Embattled British Prime Minister Theresa May will face a fresh vote of no-confidence on Wednesday, a day after suffering a devastating defeat on her Brexit deal -- as calls to delay Britain’s.. FOXNews.com - Published
*EUR/USD Daily chart*
· *EUR/USD is trading in a bear trend below its 200-day simple moving averages (SMAs). *
· *EUR/USD is finding some mild support at the 50 SMA.*
· *Investors must be.. FXstreet.com - Published
by Simon Baxendale -
UK Prime Minister Theresa May, who has been at the center of debate with regard to a deal she proposed for the country to leave the European Union, has faced a major defeat in.. One News Page Staff - Published
*EUR/GBP Daily chart*
· *EUR/GBP is trading in a sideways trend and testing the 200-day simple moving averages (SMAs). *
· *At 19.00 GMT, investors must be cautious as Conservative Party.. FXstreet.com - Published
*GBP/USD Daily chart*
· *GBP/USD is trading in a bear trend below the 100 and 200 simple moving averages (SMAs). *
· *At 19.00 GMT, traders must be cautious as Conservative Party lawmakers will.. FXstreet.com - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May is speaking in the House of Commons ahead of tonight's critical no confidence vote. Below are some key quotes.
· The House spoke clearly last night.
·.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *US Dollar Index gathers traction in the last couple of hours.*
· *Wall Street is set to open modestly higher.*
· *Coming up: Import/export price index data from the U.S. and Fed's Beige.. FXstreet.com - Published
The overwhelming defeat of Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit deal – in a vote of 432 to 202 – plunges the United Kingdom into its deepest political crisis in half a century. Roxana Saberi reports.. CBS News - Published
Federal workers affected by the shutdown look for ways to pay the bills. Britain's Parliament rejects Brexit deal. At least 14 people were killed when extremist stormed an upscale hotel in Nairobi. NPR - Published
David Greene talks to Robert Shrimsley of the Financial Times about how British lawmakers overwhelmingly rejected Prime Minister Theresa May's plan to leave the European Union in an orderly fashion. NPR - Published
This is the opinion released by Ifo Institute, a leading German think-tank:
Munich, 16 January 2019 - The Ifo President Clemens Fuest has warned against a hard Brexit and called on both sides to.. FXstreet.com - Published