The head of the European Council (EC) has declared that Theresa May’s proposed economic partnership with the EU post-Brexit “will not work.” EC President Donald Tusk says the UK PM’s plans risk.. Eurasia Review
By Claire Stam
(EurActiv) — EU leaders poured cold water on Theresa May’s Brexit plans at an informal summit in Salzburg on Thursday (20 September) but they remained divided over migration, with.. Eurasia Review
Theresa May Should Chuck Chequers And Offer An Ultimatum: Farage
LBC - 01:57
Theresa May remains wedded to her Brexit plan despite being told it "will not work" at a summit of European Union leaders, setting up a tense month of negotiations as time runs out to reach a deal. The..
On Thursday, world leaders discussed a possible final Brexit summit for November.
Angela Merkel says substantial progress must be made on Brexit by October if a deal is to be struck.
By Manuel Almeida*
The brittle Brexit process is entering a critical phase. This week’s informal European Council meeting in Salzburg — a gathering of all EU leaders except the UK’s — will.. Eurasia Review
by Simon Baxendale -
Yes – another week goes by, and there’s more stories about the UK’s forthcoming exit from the European Union. The removal from the EU is fairly unique in that a.. One News Page Staff
The European Council President Donald Tusk is now delivering his remarks at a press conference at the Salzburg summit.
· Reconfirmed that no Brexit without Irish backstop.
· *Forex today was seeing further appreciation in the high betas and antipodeans while the CNH motored on leaving the greenback out to dry off. *
· *The mood may switch up as we head towards next.. FXstreet.com
· *Ireland's Varadkar says they are not **close** to a deal than they were in March.*
· *UK PM May and Brexit Secretary Raab voice their opposition against a second referendum.*
· *US Dollar.. FXstreet.com
British Prime Minister There May is now delivering her below-seen remarks as she arrives at the Salzburg summit.
*Key quotes (via Reuters)*
· Will talk to fellow EU leaders about Chequers.. FXstreet.com
· *EUR/GBP: traders tug of war over UK CPI data/fundamental economics and geopolitics with the Brexit saga.*
· *EUR/GBP supported at the 100-D SMA and EUR/USD bulls guarding a key fib retracement.. FXstreet.com
In an interview with BBC, British Chancellor Hammond said that he was confident they would deliver the Chequers Brexit deal for Britain. Hammond further added that he believed British Prime Minister.. FXstreet.com
Below are key comments from the speech delivered by the European Council President Donald Tusk ahead of the Salzburg summit.
· Brexit talks are entering the decisive phase.
· Some Chequers.. FXstreet.com
· *UK Treasury Minister says there could be another Brexit referendum.*
· *Inflation in the UK surprises to the upside in August.*
· *Comin up: ECB's Draghi is scheduled to deliver a speech at 13.. FXstreet.com
The UK Treasury Minister, Mel Stride, speaking to Sky News this Wednesday, was noted saying that there could be another referendum if the Prime Minister's Chequers proposals are rejected in a vote by.. FXstreet.com
Analysts at Scotiabank explained that sterling retains a firmer undertone overall but we remain concerned that gains may be based on rather fragile foundations.
"Market sentiment.. FXstreet.com