"The MPC kept monetary policy on hold, in a unanimous decision that was widely expected," notes Bill Diviney, Senior Economist at ABN AMRO.
"The Quarterly Inflation Report had a.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney is now responding to questions from the press with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
· PM May's Chequers plan would be better than BoE's average forecast.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Leading Brexiteer Priti Patel MP said she was "alarmed" at the prospect of an extension to the transition period and urged the Prime Minister to change tact and ditch the Chequers proposal for a free..
by Simon Baxendale -
Yes – it’s time to head back to Brexit again, as the UK’s imminent divorce from the European Union continues to grow into the ever-complicated, headline-grabbing.. Credit: One News Page Staff - Published
· *Politicians have uncovered evidence of a dark advertising campaign on Facebook, in which Brits were encouraged to lobby against Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit plan.*
· *The Digital,.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Analysts at Deutsche Bank notes that on Brexit, German Chancellor Merkel said that “the opportunity to conclude a good, sustainable agreement in a timely fashion remains” while adding Germany.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Not practical or sensible to set out how the government will analyze final Brexit deal before it is reached, the UK PM Theresa May was quoted saying this Wednesday.
She further added that Britain.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *While the pound today was recovering to close the Asian opening gap following negative N.Ireland border/backstop Brexit headlines from Friday and weekend news, GBP/USD has been rejected at.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Northern Ireland’s Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) deputy leader Nigel Dodds, speaking to BBC Radio this Monday, was noted saying:
• Does not want to see the UK PM May leave office. • .. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
LONDON (AP) — Britain’s former Brexit secretary is urging members of Prime Minister Theresa May’s cabinet to rebel against her proposed deal with the European Union over the terms of Britain’s.. Credit: Seattle Times - Published
Additional remarks from the EU's chief Brexit negotiator, Michel Barnier, is now crossing the wires with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
· Deal is within reach by Wednesday.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Sterling bidders remain in control heading into the London market session, fueled by Brexit hope.*
· *A UK GDP reading is slated for the London morning, and contracting growth numbers bode poorly.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
* • A goodish pickup in the USD demand triggers the initial leg of the retracement slide. • Conservative MP Steve Baker’s comments exert additional downward pressure. • Investors.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Steve Baker, Conservative MP for Wycombe and a former junior Brexit minister, speaking on BBC Radio 4 this Tuesday, said that his Conservative colleagues are prepared to vote against Chequers.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *The Sterling is bumping higher on improving Brexit headlines.*
· *Monday sees constrained market volumes, especially in the early session.*
The GBP/JPY is trading into 149.50 at the week's.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
As reported by Bloomberg, the European Union's Brexit negotiation team is set to hand UK Prime Minister Theresa May the outline of a potential trade deal, but the free-trade agreement may fall well.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Another US NFP Friday sees thin markets and constrained liquidity ahead of the key reading.*
· *Brexit hangs like a cloud over Pound traders, with little promise of answers to come in the.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at TD Securities point out that UK’s Prime Minister Theresa May takes the stage for her headline Conservative Party Conference speech at 6:45 ET and will be the key event for today’s.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
As reported by Reuters, UK Prime Minister Theresa May is thumbing her nose at her critics, attempting to cool public opinion, assuring whoever will listen that Brexit is an opportunity that is full of.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Comments from British Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab is now crossing the wires with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
· No such thing as pure independence.
· We want democratic control over.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Adding to her earlier comments, the UK PM Theresa May was further noted saying that the best way of dealing with Irish border is through deal based on Chequers proposals.
.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published