* • Fading US-China trade optimism continues to weigh on Aussie. • A modest pickup in the USD demand adds to the selling bias. • Dovish Fed expectations likely to help limit further.. FXstreet.com - Published
World stock markets stumbled and commodities took a hit on Monday after a shock contraction in Chinese trade pointed to deepening cracks in the world's second-biggest economy and sparked fresh fears of..
(Reuters) - Wall Street was set to open lower on Monday, after Citigroup kicked off the earnings season on a dour note, adding to worries over a slowdown in global economic growth that resurfaced after..
According to Business Insider, the talks will resume at the end of January. However, officials say that the talks could be delayed by the ongoing partial shutdown of the U.S. government. The shutdown..
· There's ample uncertainty about whether stocks are on the cusp of a rebound to new highs, or whether the December sell-off was part of a more sustained move lower.
· HSBC has compiled a list of.. Business Insider - Published
· *The index fails once again near the 96.20 area.*
· *Yields of the US 10-year note retreat a tad after moving above 2.74%.*
· *US Import Prices contracted 1.0% MoM in December.*
The upside.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The US government shutdown is now the longest in the country's history and has shown no signs of abating. *
· *JP Morgan's CEO Jamie Dimon previously suggested US growth could go to zero,.. Business Insider - Published
* • Bulls shrug off China’s signal of economic stimulus to counter slowing growth. • A modest pickup in the USD demand prompts some long-unwinding trade.*
The NZD/USD pair remained.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The pair’s leg lower intensifies below the 0.7200 handle.*
· *The buying bias in the greenback is weighing on spot.*
· *US Retail Sales, Beige Book next of relevance in the docket.*
The.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • A goodish pickup in the US bond yields helped revive USD demand. • Sliding oil prices undermine Loonie and extend some additional support. • Bulls lacked strong conviction amid.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The pair clinches new multi-day highs around 108.80.*
· *Higher US yields are supporting the upside in the pair.*
· *US Retail Sales next of relevance in the calendar.*
The better tone in.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The index is losing further ground and drops below the 96.00 handle.*
· *Yields of the US 10-year note climb to fresh tops beyond 2.72%.*
· *US Retail Sales, Trade Balance, Fed’s Beige Book.. FXstreet.com - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
*1.* *Huawei's CEO and founder Ren Zhengfei broke a years-long silence to deny that his company spies for the Chinese government,.. Business Insider - Published
China's trade faces rising uncertainties this year, Ren Hongbin, an assistant minister at the commerce ministry said today, according to Reuters.
Hongbin is obviously referring to the Sino-US.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Trapped near familiar levels as markets keep their eyes open for China news.*
· *With trade talks likely going nowhere, odds of a positive break for trade talks bodes poorly for the.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Earnings season is heating up this week, with 34 S&P 500 companies scheduled to report their quarterly results, according to FactSet. *
· *Analysts are expecting earnings growth to slow... Business Insider - Published
· *Recent trade data from China pointed to further concerns about a slowdown in the second-largest economy.*
· *Policymakers have vowed to roll out stimulus programs in coming months.*
· *While.. Business Insider - Published
· *Spot loses traction and retreats to the 1.3230 region.*
· *WTI gains lend extra oxygen to the Canadian Dollar.*
· *US NY Empire State index disappointed estimates in January.*
The Canadian.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The pair remains depressed in the area of weekly lows near 1.1430.*
· *US headline Producer Prices dropped 0.2% MoM in December.*
· *ECB’s Draghi speaks before the European Parliament.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The barrel of WTI remains within a tight range around the $51.00 mark*
· *USD-buying limits the upside potential so far.*
· *The API will publish its weekly report on US supplies later in the.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at Capital Economics expect the global growth to slow to its weakest pace since the financial crisis later this year, led by slowdowns in the US, euro-zone and China.
“We.. FXstreet.com - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *China pledges to bolster its economy. *Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said in a statement out Tuesday that Beijing could roll out more stimulus to provide support for.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US-China trade war has had a major impact on foreign direct investment into China, with investors seeking to diversify into other Asian countries.*
· *Trade war was not the trigger to the.. Business Insider - Published
· *The impact of the US-China trade war is one of the central themes for US corporations this earnings season.*
· *While uncertainty around trade negotiations has been largely cited as a negative.. Business Insider - Published
· Stock market chaos in the fourth quarter of 2018 created enough market dislocations that traders should be perusing the wreckage for investing opportunities.
· JPMorgan says it's identified a.. Business Insider - Published
· *The better tone in the greenback drags spot to the 1.1420 region.*
· *DXY advances to fresh weekly tops just below the 96.00 handle.*
· *ECB’s Draghi, Brexit, US data to drive sentiment.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The pair briefly tested highs near 1.1490 just to deflate afterwards.*
· *The greenback has so far met decent support in the 95.50 region.*
· *ECB’s Draghi is due to speak later in the EU.. FXstreet.com - Published