· *Investors are growing increasingly worried about market volatility, fearing that it means a downturn is ahead, according to a recent survey by Allianz Life. *
· *While the S&P 500 has.. Business Insider - Published
According to Reuters, Factory activity slowed in the United States, Europe and Asia last month as an escalating trade war between Washington and Beijing raised fears of a global economic downturn and..
Factory activity contracted across Asia and Europe last month as an escalating trade war between Washington and Beijing raised fears of a global economic downturn and heaped pressure on policymakers to..
This is a preview of a research report from Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service. This report is exclusively available to enterprise subscribers. To learn more.. Business Insider - Published
Consumer confidence among New York residents has dropped sharply after three strong quarters, according to a new poll by the Siena College Research Institute. New York's index of consumer sentiment in.. bizjournals - Published
U.S. consumer sentiment cooled in June from an eight-month high on less optimism about the economic outlook in the wake of slower global growth and trade concerns. Households' long-term inflation.. Newsmax - Published
· A major shift in monetary policy took place on Wednesday, when the Federal Reserve confirmed it is open to cutting interest rates for the first time since the Great Recession.
· While many.. Business Insider - Published
· *John Stoltzfus, Oppenheimer Asset Management's chief investment strategist, recently visited areas in mainland China and Taiwan, including Beijing, Taipei, and Hong Kong.*
· *He and his team.. Business Insider - Published
Central bankers pride themselves on being the grown-ups of economic policy.
They want it known they’re basing their decisions on sound economics rather than political considerations. They wish not.. SFGate - Published
· *US President Donald Trump warned Saturday of a massive market crash if he's not re-elected in 2020. *
· *The President has previously warned that the economy could tank if he's removed from.. Business Insider - Published
· *A closely watched gauge of consumer sentiment fell more than expected at the start of the month. *
· *Respondents to the University of Michigan's consumer survey expressed an increasing amount.. Business Insider - Published
U.S. consumer sentiment weakened in June and long-term inflation expectations dropped to the lowest on record as the outlook for the economy dimmed amid President Donald Trump's stepped-up trade war. Newsmax - Published
The first half of 2019 was expected to be a boon for U.S. retailers, buoyed by solid consumer sentiment at home and expansion in China - the market many of them have targeted for the future. Newsmax - Published
· *President Donald Trump's threatened tariffs on all Mexican goods would eat into US economic growth and corporate earnings, experts say.*
· *Several Wall Street firms have reduced their earnings.. Business Insider - Published
· *Tiffany and Co. shares sank Tuesday after the company beat on earnings but missed on revenue. *
· *The company attributed slowing sales to lower spending by foreign tourists. *
· *The company.. Business Insider - Published
U.S. consumer sentiment increased by less than initially reported in May as an escalation of the trade war with China weighed on the outlook for the overall economy, paring gains that previously showed.. Newsmax - Published
· *Shares in Urban Outfitters plunged 6% after sales flatlined in the first quarter.*
· *CEO Richard Hayne blamed the slowdown on shoppers coming off of a "sugar high" fueled by the Trump.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US-China trade war could soon push consumers to reduce spending, according to a new Bank of America Merrill Lynch consumer-confidence analysis. *
· *The closely watched University of.. Business Insider - Published
Clouds of uncertainty may be hanging ominously above, but Brits aren’t letting that stop them from enjoying a pint or six with friends. A raft of consumer sentiment measures has warned that people in.. Proactive Investors - Published
US consumer sentiment in early May climbed to the highest level since 2004 as Americans became more optimistic about the econ -More- SmartBrief - Published Also reported by •FT.com •SeekingAlpha •Newsmax •MarketWatch