· *Apple is in talks to buy Intel's smartphone-modem business in a deal valued at $1 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal.*
· *The two companies had reported discussed a deal earlier this.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stock indexes started the week strong, driven higher by mega-cap tech companies ahead of their second-quarter earnings reports. *
· *Major FANG stocks including Facebook, Amazon, and Alphabet.. Business Insider - Published
El Chapo has been sentenced to life and has been ordered to fork over $12.6 billion dollars. Find out why Tone Kapone says crime doesn't pay. Plus, find out why this Iowa man's Tupac obsession got him..
Credit: Fox TV - Dish Nation Duration: 00:59Published
Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the Mexican drug lord who twice escaped maximum-security prisons in that country, will spend the rest of his life in a U.S. penitentiary, a federal judge said on Wednesday...
Emma Coronel Aispuro, the wife of Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman, arrived at a New York court on Wednesday morning, for the sentencing hearing that is expected to put her convicted drug lord husband behind..
· *Investors are starting to look ahead to Beyond Meat's second-quarter earnings release on July 29. *
· *Shares of the plant-based meat alternative producer climbed more than 12% on Monday. *
·.. Business Insider - Published
· *Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren published a Medium post on Monday expressing her concern for the US economy, and how she would prevent the next downturn.*
· *Warren pointed to.. Business Insider - Published
· *Analysts at Stifel Nicolaus upgraded Stitch Fix to "buy" from "hold" citing a good entry price on shares. *
· *Shares of Stitch Fix climbed as much as 4% on the news. *
· *While the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Equifax, one of the three largest credit reporting agencies, will pay as much as $700 million in fines over its 2017 data breach that revealed personal information on about 147 million.. Business Insider - Published
Wall Street's tech transformation continues. Our finance team had a number of stories on these efforts this week, each in their own way showing the ways in which tech is impacting.. Business Insider - Published
Joaquin Guzman, the Mexican drug lord known as "El Chapo," entered a Colorado prison known as "the Alcatraz of the Rockies" on Friday to begin a life sentence after being found guilty of a raft of.. Reuters - Published
Some 250,000 individual drug packets, bearing "El Chapo," the nickname of the recently convicted trafficker Joaquin Guzman, as well as "Dunkin Donuts," "Rolex," "Hello Kitty" and " Superman," were.. Newsday - Published
Joaquin Guzman, the convicted Mexican drug lord known as "El Chapo," has been transferred to a "Supermax" prison in Colorado where no one has ever escaped, the U.S. Bureau of Prisons said in a.. Reuters - Published
· *A JPMorgan analyst released a note detailing how Boeing's 737 Max groundings could have a negative impact on the US's second-quarter GDP.*
· *The larger impact of Boeing's issue — including.. Business Insider - Published
A federal judge in Brooklyn sentenced the drug kingpin to life in prison. Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador called the sentence “inhumane.” Catholic Culture - Published Also reported by •CNA
The Mexican drug kingpin Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán was sentenced to life in prison this week in a Manhattan courtroom — just blocks from where the Mexican actress Kate del Castillo made her New.. The Wrap - Published
· Rohan Kumar, who leads data applications on Microsoft's cloud, spoke to Business Insider about the company's strategy.
· Kumar says Microsoft's early commitments to the "hybrid" cloud market, a.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — A lawyer says authorities have wasted no time in sending the convicted Mexican drug lord known as El Chapo to an ultra-high-security prison where he will serve a life sentence... Seattle Times - Published
· *Chinese technology company Hikvision manufactures cameras purchased by several US military installations; the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act bans the use of the technology starting in.. Business Insider - Published
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s president says he will use legal channels to try to get the fortune of convicted drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman returned to Mexico. President Andres Manuel.. Seattle Times - Published
· *President Donald Trump's calls for a weaker US dollar have received fresh support from the IMF, which says the currency is between 6% and 12% overvalued.*
· *IMF analysts also said the euro.. Business Insider - Published
· Two CIOs who manage a combined $248 billion for Franklin Templeton say the Federal Reserve missed a big opportunity to reassure nervous investors about the health of the economy.
· Fixed income.. Business Insider - Published
· Howard Boville, Bank of America's chief technology officer, explained to Business Insider how he approaches shutting down technology projects.
· Boville said getting humans on board with changes.. Business Insider - Published
Ted Cruz is earmarking the billions upon billions of dollars El Chapo's been ordered to fork over to the U.S. to secure the southern border, and he says President Trump's backing his plan. Like the.. TMZ.com - Published
· *World stocks dropped on Thursday as signs of renewed escalation in the US-China trade war, mixed corporate earnings, and rising US-Iran tensions weighed on market sentiment.*
· *"We have a.. Business Insider - Published
Joaquin Guzman, who was interviewed by *Sean Penn* for a controversial Rolling Stone article, has also been sentenced to an additional 30 years for his conviction for unlawful use of firearms. AceShowbiz - Published
El Chapo's life sentence is likely going to be served at one of the world's most locked-down "Supermax" facilities - both for punishment and protecting against his escape - The New York Times.. Newsmax - Published
Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., resumed calls Wednesday for Congress to use money and other assets seized from convicted Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman to pay for improved border security after a.. FOXNews.com - Published
While expressing no remorse, Mexican drug kingpin and escape artist Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman was sentenced Wednesday to life behind bars in a U.S. prison. FOXNews.com - Published Also reported by •NPR •FT.com
Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzmán was sentenced to life in prison, plus 30 years, five months after being found guilty of murder conspiracy, money laundering, firearms possession, and.. Gothamist - Published
The notorious Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has been sentenced to life behind bars in a U.S. prison. A federal judge in Brooklyn handed down the sentence Wednesday. (July 17)
USATODAY.com - Published