· We've rounded up Bill Gates' many book recommendations in 2018.
· Over the past year, Gates gave his stamp of approval to more th*an 20 titles, including two books on meditation.*
· *In addition.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· As an avid reader, Bill Gates often shares his recommendations for the best titles of the year.
· This year's list includes two books on meditation, a memoir, a cautionary Silicon Valley tale, and.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
According to a report by Business Insider, the Department of Justice charged Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes and former Theranos president Sunny Balwani with nine counts of wire fraud and two counts..
Need a new page-turner?
We've got you covered.
We polled our Rising Stars of Wall Street for the books they swear by for wisdom, business strategy and career inspiration.
Here are 10 of.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Last month, I devoured John Carreyrou’s book "Bad Blood," the Silicon Valley cautionary tale about Theranos, in only a handful of days. A truly excellent piece of long-form journalism, the book is.. Credit: bizjournals - Published
· *Tesla's Elon Musk has settled with the SEC, according to court documents filed Saturday.*
· *The SEC sued Musk on Thursday, alleging Musk tweeted "false and misleading statements" in August.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
In a world where thousands and thousands of startups are started in the Bay Area every year, becoming a name that everyone recognizes is no small feat. Theranos reached that summit, and it all came.. Credit: TechCrunch - Published
· *Theranos, a blood-testing startup that claimed it would revolutionize healthcare by doing away with "big bad needles," crashed and burned after it was revealed that it lacked concrete science.*
·.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
In 2014, blood-testing startup Theranos and its founder, Elizabeth Holmes, were on top of the world.
Back then, Theranos was a revolutionary idea thought up by a woman hailed as a genius who styled.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
The company was once valued at $9 billion. Founder Elizabeth Holmes and another former executive are now facing criminal charges, and Theranos says it does not have the cash to pay shareholders. Credit: NPR - Published
*Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider's summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.*
*Goldman Sachs is.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Theranos is officially dissolving, shareholders have been told. The Blood-testing firm's founder Elizabeth Holmes was charged with fraud in July.
Credit: azcentral.com - Published Also reported by •USATODAY.com
Theranos Inc., the once high-flying company whose principals face federal fraud charges over its blood-testing technology, reportedly will shut down after paying unsecured creditors with its remaining.. Credit: bizjournals - Published
· *Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes carefully crafted a persona in order to do what she believed was necessary to fit in the Silicon Valley scene.*
· *This persona included a Steve Jobs-esque.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *The Wall Street Journal investigative reporter John Carreyrou knew from his first phone call with a Theranos insider that he had a great story.*
· *Comparing interview accounts and past coverage.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Theranos' star was shining bright going into 2015.
The darling blood-testing startup had racked up a $9 billion valuation with its big vision to test for a number of conditions off just a small.. Credit: Business Insider - Published