· China's economic data shows the country is under major strain from attempting to rein in debt.
· And it isn't just corporate profits or the financial sector that's getting hit, weakness in.. Business Insider - Published
Mr. Thompson, who was CEO of PIMCO from 1993-2009, will serve as a strategic advisor to PIMCO’s leadership
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Jan. 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PIMCO, one of the world’s.. GlobeNewswire - Published
Metro Bank shares lost a third of their value on Wednesday after the British lender announced a sharp rise in exposure to higher-risk mortgages and said profits would be hit by slowing growth. Pascale..
British workers' pay growth hit a new 10-year high and employment grew by much more than expected in the three months to the end of November, as the labour market remained robust despite other signs of..
According to Business Insider, student debt has surpassed loans for cars and credit cards, rising to $1.5 trillion. That debt has led to fewer young Americans buying homes. A new Federal Rerseve report..
Banks' revenues and equity volumes have fallen sharply since the financial crisis. Craig Coben, head of equity capital markets at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, explains to the FT's Alexandra Stevenson..
British retailers endured their worst Christmas since the depths of the financial crisis a decade ago as cautious customers forced high street stores such as John Lewis and Debenhams to slash prices to..
British new car sales in 2018 fell at their fastest rate since the global financial crisis a decade ago, hit by the collapse in demand for diesel, as the industry body warned of the existential threat..
· *GBP/USD makes an impressive extension to the upside, targetting a break on to the 1.31 handle having already pierced the 200-D SMA located at 1.3070 having scored a high of 1.3081. *
GBP/USD.. FXstreet.com - Published
The world's richest are growing richer - by $2.5 billion every day, while the wealth of the poorest half of the global population declined by 11 percent, reveals a new report from Oxfam International... RTTNews - Published
· *The fraud trial against the former CEO of Barclays and three other senior directors or executives began in London Wednesday. The defendants, including former CEO John Varley, and three co-workers.. Business Insider - Published
Arjen van Dijkhuizen, senior economist at ABN AMRO, explains that the China’s official GDP growth rate for Q4-18 came in at 6.4% yoy and while this was the slowest rate since the global financial.. FXstreet.com - Published
*VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / January 23, 2019 / Noram Ventures Inc. ("Noram") (TSX - Venture: NRM / Frankfurt: N7R / OTCPINK: NRVTF is pleased to announce that Mr. C. Tucker Barrie, Ph.D. P.Geo. has.. Accesswire - Published
According to Richard Franulovich, head of FX strategy at Westpac, the US’ growth leadership credentials are coming under pressure as the differential between the US and Eurozone PMIs, the rate of.. FXstreet.com - Published
Slowing growth could pose risks for the global economy in 2019, as experts predict flattening or declining rates for economies ranging from the United States to Europe to China. High levels of.. Eurasia Review - Published
· *Bridgewater Associates founder Ray Dalio said one year ago Tuesday that investors holding cash would feel "pretty stupid," as he touted a strong market environment.*
· *Dalio's call did not pan.. Business Insider - Published
Despite the US government shutdown putting a staff strain on the Securities and Exchange Commission, New Fortress Energy, a liquified natural gas company, is tentatively on tap to debut on the Nasdaq... Proactive Investors - Published
Its annual economic forecast, the “World Economic Situation and Prospects, released late-Monday, the United Nations (UN) noted that it sees the global economy to grow 3.0% this year and in 2020,.. FXstreet.com - Published
BEIJING — China’s economy is slowing, and the slowdown is probably worse than Beijing says. Official numbers released Monday show an economy that is posting new, but manageable, lows. For the last.. SFGate - Published
· *Shares in London little changed while investors soaked up the Chinese data from over the weekend and awaited Theresa May's presentation of her 'Plan B' on Brexit to The House of Commons.*
· *FTSE.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • Growing signs of weakness in the Chinese economy prompts some safe-haven buying. • US-China trade optimism/positive US bond yields helped limit any deeper losses.*
The USD/JPY pair.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Global stock markets are mixed Monday after the Chinese economy slumped to its slowest rate of annual growth in almost three decades.*
· *Chinese stocks climbed on optimism the government.. Business Insider - Published
China's economy expanded at the slowest pace since the global financial crisis, as a domestic financial clean-up, weakening global demand and trade conflict with the U.S. all dampened momentum. Newsmax - Published
DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — With trust in governments taking a hit since the global financial crisis, people around the world view their employer as the most trusted institution in their lives,.. Seattle Times - Published
This week's stories included lots of bank earnings (bottom line: bond trading slumped, but execs said the markets are improving). We broke down Wall Street's (skeptical) reaction.. Business Insider - Published
· Stocks have rallied amid the longest government shutdown in history.
· But as the stalemate in Washington drags on, there's building uncertainty about what it means for stocks
· Kristina Hooper,.. Business Insider - Published
· *Jamie Dimon will receive a larger pay packet than last year after JPMorgan's "strong performance" in 2018. *
· *The bank's CEO will earn $31 million, up from $29.5 million in 2017, a 5%.. Business Insider - Published
Industry-Leading Fund Administration Solutions Will Provide Security, Transparency and Compliance Throughout the Immigrant Investor Process
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) January 17, 2019
NES Financial.. PRWeb - Published
· *Student debt has risen to $1.5 trillion, surpassing loans for cars and credit cards.*
· *That has led to fewer young Americans buying homes, according to a new Federal Reserve report.*
· *Loans.. Business Insider - Published
· *The longest partial government shutdown on record was in its fourth week on Thursday. *
· *The Department of Commerce won't report economic figures until Congress reaches a funding.. Business Insider - Published
· Market volatility during first 10 trading days of a year has a strong correlation with how the rest of the year plays out, according to quantitative analysts at Morgan Stanley.
· 2019 had the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Hong Kong was ranked the most expensive housing market in the world for eight consecutive years. *
· *But property values have fallen sharply in recent months.*
· *A slowing mainland economy,.. Business Insider - Published
· *An increasing amount of evidence is piling up to suggest we're headed for an economic recession.*
· *UBS estimated in September that there was a record $4.3 trillion in lower-quality corporate.. Business Insider - Published
Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters issued a fresh warning to Wall Street on Wednesday as he outlined her agenda as the new chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, saying she won't let the.. FOXNews.com - Published
The Great Recession showed the need for effective communication and ensuring banks have adequate capital, according to a Federal Reserve official. Charlie Evans, the president of the Federal Reserve.. bizjournals - Published
Analysts at TD Securities suggest that the release of Fed’s Beige Book and Minneapolis Fed President Kashkari speech will be in focus today.
“The Fed will release its Beige Book.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Global debt is hovering near an all-time high at $244 trillion, the Institute of International Finance said in a new report.*
· *The corporate sector has accounted for a third of global debt.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors are paying a historically large premium to buy stocks with low volatility instead of those with high volatility, according to UBS.
· Keith Parker, the firm's head of US equity strategy,.. Business Insider - Published
Bank of America Merrill Lynch announced fourth-quarter earnings results Wednesday, handily beating expectations with $0.70 in adjusted earnings of per share and record net earnings of $7.3.. Business Insider - Published
· *Business Insider interviewed star China debt analyst Charlene Chu about the hottest debate in Chinese economics right now — whether the country's slowdown is due to its trade war with the US or.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors are demanding changes to how companies spend their money amid concerns about excessive corporate debt.
· Two telling responses in Bank of America Merrill Lynch's monthly survey of fund.. Business Insider - Published
· *JPMorgan's fourth-quarter profit grew massively, but still missed Wall Street estimates.*
· *Last year's profits were impacted by the passage of the new tax code.*
· Watch JPMorgan trade.. Business Insider - Published
Analysts at Capital Economics expect the global growth to slow to its weakest pace since the financial crisis later this year, led by slowdowns in the US, euro-zone and China.
“We.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The impact of the US-China trade war is one of the central themes for US corporations this earnings season.*
· *While uncertainty around trade negotiations has been largely cited as a negative.. Business Insider - Published
· Stock market chaos in the fourth quarter of 2018 created enough market dislocations that traders should be perusing the wreckage for investing opportunities.
· JPMorgan says it's identified a.. Business Insider - Published
Christian Nolting, Global CIO at Deutsche Bank, expects a moderation in global growth and are forecasting it to dip slightly to 3.6% in 2019 from an estimated 3.7% in 2018.
“U.S... FXstreet.com - Published
BEIJING (AP) — Senior Chinese economic officials say they will slash taxes, step up spending and help resolve financing problems of private and small enterprise to help counter the country's worst.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times