· *US equity markets fell for a fifth straight day.*
· *The major averages pared their losses after Prime Minister Theresa May said in a statement that her Cabinet backed her Brexit plan.*
·.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
*Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider's summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.*
*'As bad as it.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Italy risks disciplinary steps by the EU if it doesn't present a new budget plan by the end of today. As Laura Frykberg reports, the owners of a Rome coffee bar are among many hoping for a resolution..
It is the kind of clay that a lot of people have probably never heard of. But it is used a lot by industries and people with almost nary a thought where it comes from. It is called Halloysite clay, and.. Credit: Proactive Investors - Published
· *Healthcare is now fund managers' most overweight sector, according to Bank of America.*
· *Fund allocation into tech is at its lowest levels since February 2009.*
Investors are the least.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Around one quarter, 24%, of global fund managers expect corporate bonds to be the worst performing asset class in 2019.*
· *The latest survey by Bank of America shows more fund managers.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Wine fever is about to hit Russia as Vinitaly International and Veronafiere launch the 15th edition of Vinitaly Russia on November 19th in Moscow followed by a second stop in Saint Petersburg on.. Credit: PRWeb - Published
· *General Electric announced Tuesday plans to accelerate the reduction of its stake in Baker Hughes, an oilfield-services provider.*
· *GE will sell as many as 166.2 million Baker Hughes shares,.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Asset allocators are facing the toughest conditions they've seen in the past 50 years as market segments of all types experience widespread weakness.
· There's a growing sense that there's nowhere.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
The retail giant’s interest in putting a headquarters in the Queens neighborhood has unleashed a gold rush that reminds some brokers of the boom preceding the last financial crisis. Credit: Wall Street Journal - Published
· Banks and financial firms that make up 6.5% of UK GDP have already taken precautionary measures to prep for Brexit, meaning a lot of damage is already done.
· Banking is just the tip of the.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Here is what you need to know.
*China is sending a senior official to the US to try and defuse the trade war. *Chinese Vice Premier Liu He will fly to Washington with the hopes of meeting senior.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
LONDON (AP) — Official figures show that average earnings in Britain are rising at their highest rate since the most acute phase of the global financial crisis a decade ago. The Office for National.. Credit: Seattle Times - Published
· *Alibaba made e-commerce history on Sunday, recording $30.8 billion in sales in 24 hours at the its Singles Day celebration.*
· *But the annual growth rate dropped from 39% to 27%, the smallest.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Wall Street workers from almost all sectors are poised to receive higher incentive payouts this year, and equity traders may see their bonuses surge as much as 20% from last year, according to a.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *General Electric CEO Larry Culp said Monday he will cut the company's leverage by selling assets.*
· *The company recently slashed its dividend to a penny in order to free up cash.*
·.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Federal Reserve said Friday it will begin issuing a new report twice a year assessing the stability of the U.S. financial system. The Fed said the first report will be issued on.. Credit: SeattlePI.com - Published
· Wall Street fell Friday as weaker than expected economic data added to concerns about oil prices, which entered a bear market on Thursday.
· *China reported weakening auto and manufacturing data.. Credit: Business Insider - Published