· *Domino's Pizza wants to roll out self-driving delivery robots because human workers are too expensive.*
· *The pizza giant is testing unmanned vehicles in Houston this fall as it looks to lower.. Business Insider - Published
· *London is a booming hub for startups and is now home to some of the world's most exciting VCs. *
· *Business Insider has compiled a list of some of the best female VCs in London as the UK.. Business Insider - Published
CHINA — Freak of the Week | This week's Top 5 includes: a woman who bungee jumps to deliver food, a delivery guy who loses his mind, a man with 11cm splinters in his brain, teenagers in a freezer and..
If when you think of midnight snacks you conjure up a plate of cookies and a cold glass of milk or maybe a bowl of ice cream, you'd be wrong. According to Grubhub's new "State of the Plate" report, a..
Wall Street fell on Tuesday, led by a selloff in tech shares, as Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell pushed back on pressure from President Donald Trump to cut interest rates. Fred Katayama reports.
Credit: Reuters - Business (Amazon FireT Duration: 01:05Published
Uber to Soon Begin Delivering Food With Drones Bloomberg Businessweek says that trials will start in San Diego this summer. Bloomberg adds that the drones will first deliver food to "safety zones," not..
· *While franchises like Domino's are worried about food-delivery companies hurting their business, data from Cowen suggests services like UberEats and Grubhub have failed to lure consumers from.. Business Insider - Published
· *Blue Apron announced Tuesday that it would offer Beyond Meat products in recipes beginning in August. *
· *Shares rocketed more than 50% on the news, following months of declines for the food.. Business Insider - Published
· *Fiat Chrysler sank as much as 5.1% Tuesday after Goldman Sachs gave it a "sell" rating, erasing a month of gains as markets hit record highs.*
· *The investment bank set its price target at.. Business Insider - Published
· *Shares of Domino's Pizza fell by as much as 7% after the pizza chain reported worse-than-expected US same-store sales. *
· *Sales from company-owned in the US stores grew by 2.1% while franchise.. Business Insider - Published
· *Uber's rumored interest in buying Postmates could help bring food-delivery closer to a profitable business, according to a new report from Needham & Company. *
· *PostMates has explored.. Business Insider - Published
This is a preview of a research report from Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service. To learn more about Business Insider Intelligence, click here. Current.. Business Insider - Published
On-demand transportation giant Uber made its name in part by aggressively entering new markets on a path of organic growth, but in recent times, it has shown itself more amenable to the concept of.. TechCrunch - Published
It's a big year for Uber.
The first name in ride-hailing had a ton of hype around it for the first half of 2019 thanks to its IPO. And though the $8 billion valuation fell well short of speculations.. Business Insider - Published
Meet Dejbox, a French food delivery startup that tries to avoid busy cities in order to accommodate people who really need a new lunch option. The company is a full-stack food delivery startup that.. TechCrunch - Published
· European venture capital investors have had a blockbuster year, thanks to successes such as Spotify, Dutch payment firm Adyen, fashion firm Farfetch, and many others that went public or sold.
·.. Business Insider - Published
Uber Elevate, the aerial arm of rideshare service Uber, will test a fast food delivery by drone service later this summer in San Diego. Delivery destinations won't be houses or apartment buildings,.. MacNewsWorld - Published Also reported by •TechNewsWorld
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The battle between California lawmakers and ridesharing companies such as Uber and Lyft heated up Wednesday as Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon offered harsh words laced with.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· Some items we're used to buying every day can actually be a huge waste of money.
· Store-bought greeting cards, physical books, cable TV, and premium gasoline are just a few examples.
· Bigger.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *Insiders at food delivery startup Deliveroo relayed the 100-hour weeks, intense culture, and divisive hires that made it a $2.. Business Insider - Published
· *Uber hopes to one day open its platform to third party businesses, much like Amazon's web services product. *
· *Chief technology officer Thuan Pham hinted at the plans on stage at a.. Business Insider - Published
· *Food delivery startup Deliveroo is a rare UK consumer-tech success story. It pulled off a coup in May by securing funding from Amazon as part of a $575 million investment.*
· *The startup.. Business Insider - Published
Uber and Lyft going public may have put closer public scrutiny on the economics of ridesharing, but it hasn’t had a chilling effect on the level of competition in the space. In the latest.. TechCrunch - Published
“Virtual restaurants is a very interesting initiative,” says Uber Eats EMEA head Rodrigo Arevalo. “Basically by leveraging the data on our platform, we can partner with other restaurants in order.. WebProNews - Published
· *Elderly people are behind Uber's move into food delivery in Japan.*
· *CEO Dara Khosrowshahi told Bloomberg that Eats has been a huge success for Uber in the country.*
· *Still, Japan is one of.. Business Insider - Published
· *Amazon turned 25 on Friday and the first job ad ever posted by Jeff Bezos tells you everything you need to know about his obsession with speed.*
· *He wrote that he was looking for someone who.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Friday:
Bank of America Corp., up 21 cents to $29.26
Financial stocks bucked the overall downward trend in the market and.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Britain’s competition regulator said Friday it had begun an investigation into an $575 million investment led by Amazon in the London-based food-delivery service Deliveroo, the latest effort by a.. Seattle Times - Published Also reported by •NYTimes.com
· *Amazon's investment in British food delivery unicorn Deliveroo has been put on hold by Britain's competition regulator, the Competition and Markets Authority.*
· *The CMA said it had reasonable.. Business Insider - Published
LONDON (AP) — The U.K. competition watchdog is investigating Amazon's purchase of a significant stake in food delivery service Deliveroo.
The Competition and Markets Authority decision Friday will.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Amazon’s proposed investment in takeaway delivery service Deliveroo has been put on hold after the Competition and Mergers Authority (CMA) issued an enforcement order on the deal. Online giant Amazon.. Proactive Investors - Published
The UK competition regulator has launched an investigation into online advertising over concerns about the dominance of tech giants and the way they collect and use personal data. The Competition and.. Proactive Investors - Published
· Uber Eats is quietly testing a dine-in option.
· "A Dine-in order is when you place an order through the Eats app and you go to the restaurant to collect it. You can then choose to sit in the.. Business Insider - Published