· *Google's free meal program has been taken away from some of its vendor workforce who recently moved from the tech giant's Silicon Valley campus to nearby offices buildings set aside for.. Business Insider - Published
Alphabet's annual shareholder meeting concluded with predictable results: every shareholder proposal was voted down despite protesting workers and increasingly pointed criticism.
At Google parent.. Mashable - Published
Organizers of last November's Google Walkout, in which thousands of employees left their offices in solidarity and protest over the company's handling of sexual misconduct cases, are making headlines..
More than 150 employees from Riot Games walked out of the League of Legends publisher's offices in Los Angeles yesterday to protest forced arbitration and sexist culture, and say they are prepared to.. engadget - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Tuesday.
1. *The next major iPhone update coming this fall will reportedly make Apple's own core apps much more useful.* The new software,.. Business Insider - Published
· Over 100 Riot Games employees walked out of work on Monday afternoon to protest the company's forced arbitration policy for worker disputes.
· The walkout follows months of turmoil at the video.. Business Insider - Published
· Google chief diversity officer, Danielle Brown, is leaving the company.
· Brown will be Gusto, a human resources startup, as chief people officer.
· Google said in a statement that Brown will.. Business Insider - Published
Apparently Slack isn't the bragging type.
The company behind the collaborative workspace tool favored by tech and media companies around the world quietly ended its policy of making employees to.. Mashable - Published
· On Thursday, Google announced it would end forced arbitration for all internal matters moving forward.
· Forced arbitration is a corporate practice whereby upon their hiring, employees waive their.. Business Insider - Published
The company had pledged to do away with the controversial practice for sexual harassment claims, but expanded it to all disputes. NYTimes.com - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times •TechCrunch
NPR's Audie Cornish speaks with Vicki Tardif, a linguist at Google, who led one of the walkouts last year. Now, she's building upon that with a social media campaign to end forced arbitration. NPR - Published
A group of Google employees are taking to Twitter and Instagram tomorrow in an attempt to educate the public about forced arbitration, Recode first reported. From 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST, this group will.. TechCrunch - Published
· Organizers of last year's Google Walkout, where thousands of employees left their desks to protest the company's handling of executive sexual misconduct cases, are launching a social media campaign.. Business Insider - Published
The SEC has long refused to allow companies to go public with bylaws or other governing documents that would require shareholders to arbitrate federal securities law claims against the company. Mondaq - Published
· On Monday, some of the original organizers for Google's November walkout demanded an end to forced arbitration.
· Forced arbitration is a corporate practice whereby upon their hiring, employees.. Business Insider - Published
On the heels of an employee-led protest against Google, a group of 35 Google employees is banding together to take it a step further and end the practice of forced arbitration across the entire tech.. TechCrunch - Published
· *After a boatload of drama at Google over how the company has handled sexual harassment and misconduct, CEO Sundar Pichai announced new policies.*
· *Google is joining a wave of companies that.. Business Insider - Published
Dozens of Google employees on Tuesday are publicly calling for the tech giant to abandon building its censored Chinese search engine.
The project, internally dubbed “Project Dragonfly,” has.. The Wrap - Published
San Jose-based eBay Inc. is ending a company policy that forced employees into private arbitration in cases of sexual harassment at work, BuzzFeed reports. EBay’s new policy mirrors similar moves by.. bizjournals - Published
· *Google's Chief Financial Officer Ruth Porat is one of the most senior women at the company.*
· *She told a conference hosted by The Wall Street Journal that she joined employees walking out two.. Business Insider - Published
· *Uber detailed 21 new categories of sexual misconduct and assault it is going to adopt in its reporting.*
· *The report outlining the categories contains a "mix-and-match" exercise in which.. Business Insider - Published
Facebook on Friday became the latest tech company to end a policy that had forced employees to go into arbitration in cases of sexual harassment at work. It also added a new requirement that the.. bizjournals - Published
· *Facebook is ending a policy of required arbitration in cases of sexual harassment at the company.*
· *The policy requires employees to give up their right to sue.*
· *This change came a day.. Business Insider - Published