· *On Friday, the IT operations company PagerDuty filed its S-1 to go public.*
· *PagerDuty previously confidentially filed for its IPO, but at the time, the government couldn't review its.. Business Insider - Published
Consumer sentiment rose more than expected to 97.8 in the first half of March, says Business Insider. Increasing optimism was reportedly concentrated among lower- and middle-class households. The gains..
Tim Anderson, managing director at TJM Investments, talked to TheStreet about the impact of positive headlines on U.S.-China trade talks, and what he's seeing in the markets Friday, March 15. "I think..
President Donald Trump on Monday called for spending more money on the military and a U.S.-Mexico border wall while overhauling social programs for the poor in a budget plan that sets the stage for his..
President Donald Trump on Monday will ask the U.S. Congress for an additional $8.6 billion to help pay for the wall he promised to build on the southern border with Mexico, officials familiar with his..
President Donald Trump will ask Congress for $8.6 billion dedicated to building a wall along the southern US border in the 2020 congressional budget, according to a new report from Reuters. Though the..
A Business Insider analysis has found that the last three monthly forecasts for the number of jobs created each month haven't been this off in more than two and a half years. December's job report was..
Employers slammed the brakes on hiring in February, adding just 20,000 jobs in February, according to the monthly government statistics released Friday morning. Jeff Tomasulo, CEO of Vespula Capital,..
According to Reuters, slowing global growth and the 35-day partial federal government shutdown weighed on the U.S. economy in the first weeks of 2019. The Federal Reserve said that “Economic activity..
· *Consumer sentiment rose more than expected to 97.8 in the first half of March.*
· *Increasing optimism was concentrated among lower- and middle-class households.*
· *The gains come after.. Business Insider - Published
According to analysts at Rabobank, for the markets the focus will be on the release of US industrial production, the Empire State Manufacturing index and the University of Michigan consumer sentiment.. FXstreet.com - Published
According to analysts at Danske Bank, markets will continue to digest the outcome of yesterday's UK parliament vote on extending Art.50.
*Key Quotes *
“Unless a deal is reached.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The US' air safety agency has been thrust into the spotlight this week after being one of the last to ground Boeing's 737 Max aircraft. *
· *President Donald Trump has not appointed anyone.. Business Insider - Published
· *All Boeing 737 Max 8's have been grounded by US officials after two deadly crashes. *
· *The plane only makes up a small percentage of American air travel, but is already causing flight.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sales of new U.S. homes slumped 6.9 percent in January, a possible sign that buyers paused during the government shutdown.
The Commerce Department said Thursday that new homes.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
It's too early to gauge the impact on Sunday's air crash, but the 35-day partial government shutdown halted much of the work performed behind the scenes for public safety at federal agencies, including.. Newsday - Published
· *The United States grounded all Boeing 737 Max 8 planes on Wednesday following two deadly crashes involving the aircraft in the past five months. *
· President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday.. Business Insider - Published
· *Southwest Airlines is waiving fees for passengers who want to avoid flying on the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft through Monday.*
· *"We are not issuing refunds of non-refundable fares, but we.. Business Insider - Published
· *The travel website Kayak will introduce a feature this week that allows users to remove specific aircraft models from their searches.*
· *Kayak and other travel websites like Priceline,.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Orders to U.S. factories for big-ticket manufactured goods edged up slightly in January, but the strength came from a big increase in the volatile aircraft category. In encouraging.. SeattlePI.com - Published
*Company Moves to Next Step, Builds Foundation for Increased Revenues, Branding And Positioning, as Well as a Handsome Settlement or M&A Transaction*
*LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / March 12, 2019 /.. Accesswire - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s $4.7 trillion budget request proposes steep cuts to domestic spending, a funding boost for the Pentagon and $8.6 billion for his signature border wall.. Seattle Times - Published
The US retail sales report for January showed a rebound, compared to December’s negative numbers that were revised lower. Analysts at CIBC, point out that today’s figures imply that consumption.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Retail sales rose 0.2% in January, compared with economist expectations for a flat reading.*
· *But December's decline was even sharper than originally reported. *
· *The report had been.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. retail sales rose slightly in January after a sharp drop in December, reflecting caution taken by consumers amid a government shutdown and volatile stock market. The Commerce.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Newsday •Newsmax •FOXNews.com •Seattle Times
President Trump is expected to request billions of dollars in new border wall funding when he delivers his 2020 budget proposal to Congress Monday. He wants to cut domestic programs to pay for the.. CBS News - Published
Analysts at Rabobank point out that today 16:30 CET, President Trump is expected to make his budget request to Congress for fiscal year 2020, which starts on October 1, 2019 and will be a key event for.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *USD/JPY is sticking to a tight range in the open on Monday, even as Tokyo comes online. *
· *USD/JPY is currently trading at 111.02, within a range of between 111.03/18.*
USD/JPY started out.. FXstreet.com - Published
He'll keep throwing up bricks It's hard to see why Donald Trump would expect a different result. After all, through the end of 2020 at least, the House will remain in the Democratic hands that thwarted.. Newsday - Published
· *AUD/USD has been in a chop at the open between a narrow range of 0.7030/43.**handle** in the London morning, rallying into the North American close up to 0.7040/50 on the nonfarm payrolls.. FXstreet.com - Published
Trump led a government shutdown in December that lasted for 35 days because Congress would not appropriate $5.7 billion to build sections of the wall. Eventually, Trump relented and reopened the.. Seattle Times - Published
Consumers, businesses, and investors loathe uncertainty. That's why the full effects of a government shutdown are hard to measure, and its end isn’t like turning a light switch back on. Christian Science Monitor - Published
· *Forecasts for the number of jobs created each month haven't been this off in more than two and a half years, a Business Insider analysis found. *
· *The government shutdown and weather appear to.. Business Insider - Published
Compelling people to work without pay is fast becoming more than a legal issue for the federal government. Viewed as a social compact, it raises serious ethical questions, too. Christian Science Monitor - Published
I have reached the limits of my tolerance for some of my fellow citizens. During the recent government shutdown, many of our national parks were trashed by visitors (who does that?). A few years ago,.. Seattle Times - Published