Apple’s former global corporate-law chief has been charged with insider trading.
Gene Daniel Levoff, 45, allegedly used nonpublic information to trade in Apple stock, according… ABA Journal - Published Also reported by •Wall Street Journal •SFGate •NYTimes.com
Here is what you need to know.
1. *Officials from the US and China will kick off 2 days of negotiations in an attempt to end Trump's trade war as a critical tariff deadline nears*. The two sides.. Business Insider - Published
According to Gizmodo.com, Gene Levoff, a former Vice President of Corporate Law at Apple, was charged with insider trading on Wednesday by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Levoff, who was..
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. *Apple CEO Tim Cook promised to investigate the Saudi app branded "abhorrent" by a US senator for allowing men to track women.*.. Business Insider - Published
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — U.S. authorities are accusing a former Apple attorney of brazenly breaking insider trading rules that he helped draft, while profiting from stock sales and investments that he.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
U.S. prosecutors have charged a senior Apple lawyer with insider trading, accusing the former manager of dumping $10 million worth of stock days before the iPhone maker posted disappointing results. bizjournals - Published Also reported by •FT.com •AppleInsider •SeekingAlpha •MarketWatch •Wall Street Journal
The shine on Apple is getting a little tarnished. Today, the SEC filed a suit against Gene Levoff, a lawyer who used to work for the iPhone giant, accusing him of insider trading, selling millions of.. TechCrunch - Published
The Securities and Exchange Commission today filed insider trading charges against a former senior attorney at Apple whose duties included executing the company’s insider trading compliance.. SEC - Published Also reported by •AppleInsider •MacRumours.com
A former senior lawyer at Apple was accused by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday of insider trading ahead of the iPhone maker's quarterly earnings announcements. Newsmax - Published
· Gene Levoff, who worked as Apple's Senior Director of Corporate Law and Corporate Secretary until September 2018, has been accused of insider trading by the SEC.
· The SEC's lawsuit suit, filed.. Business Insider - Published
Late last week, former SAC Capital Advisors portfolio manager Mathew Martoma petitioned the Supreme Court to review his 2014 conviction for insider trading. Martoma's conviction stems Mondaq - Published
Securities exchange is set to undergo a high-tech makeover with tokenization, and HashCash Consultants has come up with a prime vehicle to achieve that goal.
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) February 05,.. PRWeb - Published
IRS tax-return forms and reporting have significantly changed. The 2019 tax-return season presents more potential than ever for mistakes in IRS filings, especially among the millions of US employees.. PRWeb - Published
· Hedge-fund managers struggled through 2018 as market volatility and fee pressure cut into returns and profits.
· The funds to watch in 2019 are a mix of well-known veterans, up-and-coming.. Business Insider - Published
BEIJING (AP) — China’s former deputy intelligence chief has been sentenced to life in prison for corruption. A court in the northeastern port city of Dalian announced Thursday that Ma Jian has been.. Seattle Times - Published
· Starting Thursday, the Securities and Exchange Commission will have a "very limited number of staff" available to respond to emergency situations.
· In a full shutdown, the SEC plans to place.. Business Insider - Published