· Rising interest rates have been a significant catalyst of the corrections in equities this year.
· According to one Wall Street strategist, they've moved past a threshold that was exceeded.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Sears Holdings Corp. obtained a new $350 million loan that will allow the bankrupt retailer to keep operating through the holiday season. Great American Capital Partners is loaning the money — at a.. Credit: bizjournals - Published
Barclays chief executive Bob Diamond is under increasing pressure after the bank was hit with a record fine for trying to manipulate a benchmark interest rate. But is it time for him to resign? Lex's..
Britain's big banks, long able to shrug off competition from start-ups, have been spooked by an account launched just six weeks ago by Goldman Sachs that pays savers more. Julian Satterthwaite reports.
Fund managers are touting investments in "value" stocks, U.S. bonds and cash dollars in 2019 to weather an expected slowdown in global growth led by the United States and a possible pause in interest.. Credit: Newsmax - Published
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has laid out a scenario for a pause in the central bank's interest-rate hiking campaign sometime next year by highlighting potential headwinds to the U.S... Credit: Newsmax - Published
An unexpected credit-related charge lopped off a huge chunk of Nordstrom’s third-quarter profit, which would have otherwise been about the same as it was in the year-earlier quarter. The.. Credit: Seattle Times - Published
Mexico Central Bank has recently announced its decision to raise its benchmark interest rate by 25 basis points to 8%. Below are some key highlights from the policy statement, via Reuters.
·.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
According to James Knightley, Chief International Economist at ING, the latest CPI inflation release of the US will not alter the outlook for the December FOMC meeting where ING expects another 25bp.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
* • Impressive Aussie jobs report helped the pair to catch some aggressive bids. • Subdued USD price action/positive commodity prices remained supportive. • Traders now eye US.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell says the U.S. economy is performing well but he's eyeing potential risks ahead. Those include a slowdown in global growth, the fading impact.. Credit: SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
According to analysts from TDS, the Mexican peso will be susceptible to a failure to hike from the Bank of Mexico tomorrow. They note also that if Banxico moves by 25bps with a hawkish message.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *USD/JPY has been in free fall with US yields plunging stocks on Wall Street losing.*
· *USD/JPY technicals have switched to negative, but so long as 112.56 holds, bulls shouldn't panic, too.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
* • The USD eases a bit after a slight disappointment from core CPI print. • Fed rate hike expectations helped limit USD downtick and capped gains. • Italian budgetary concerns.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Annual core CPI in the U.S. ticks down to 2.1% in October.*
· *Brexit optimism helps European stocks rise on Wednesday.*
· *US Dollar Index pulls back from highs, stays above 97.*
After.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Cannabis financier Redfund Capital (CSE:LOAN) said Wednesday it is working to help cannabidiol company Winterlife Inc go public in the second quarter of 2019. Seattle-based Winterlife has close to $3.. Credit: Proactive Investors - Published
· *Around one quarter, 24%, of global fund managers expect corporate bonds to be the worst performing asset class in 2019.*
· *The latest survey by Bank of America shows more fund managers.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *The rejection at the bearish 5-day SMA indicates the EUR is on the defensive below 1.13.*
· *An above-forecast German and Eurozone GDP may be of little help as Italy-EU standoff continues.*
·.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published