Le Bourget, France (AFP) June 17, 2019
A top Boeing executive apologised Monday for two crashes of 737 MAX jets that together killed 346 people, disasters which have pushed safety to the top of the.. Energy Daily - Published
A new report from the New York Times details a bureaucratic mess, caused by the overhauling of an A.I. system, that it says is responsible for the two fatal Boeing 737 Max 8 crashes in Oct. 2018 and.. Mashable - Published
Boeing is talking to families of the victims from the Lion Air 737 Max crash about reaching a settlement, rather than going through the court system. Settling would allow Boeing to avoid long, highly..
Boeing shares fell 2% after reports said the 737 Max will be grounded until at least August. In March, the aircraft was grounded globally, despite initial resistance from the planemaker. According to..
On Thursday, Boeing announced it has finished development work on the software fix for the grounded 737 Max airliner.
The company is now working with the FAA to schedule certification test flights and..
Boeing on Sunday said that a key alert system linked to faulty sensors was sold as an optional feature on Boeing 737 MAX planes. Criticism of Boeing has increased in recent months, following the crash..
The head of Boeing used his first shareholder meeting after the fleet of 737 MAX was grounded to try to assure shareholders, airline passengers, and the media that the plane is safe. Conway G. Gittens..
Boeing on Wednesday abandoned its 2019 financial outlook, halted share buybacks and announced $1 billion in increased costs due to the grounding of its fastest-selling 737 MAX jet after two fatal plane..
Credit: Reuters - Business (Amazon FireT Duration: 01:26Published
Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg said he would trust his own family in a 737 Max jet after testing new software in the wake of two deadly crashes. In October of 2018, Lion Air Flight 610 crashed, killing.. CBS 2 - Published
· *Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg personally apologized to the victims of the deadly Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines crashes involving the company's 737 Max aircraft during an interview with CBS Evening.. Business Insider - Published
· *A pilot urged Ethiopian Airlines managers for more training on the Boeing 737 Max aircraft in an effort to prevent a crash similar to that of the doomed Lion Air Flight 610 flight that killed all.. Business Insider - Published
· The Boeing 737 Max's return to commercial airline service is reportedly being further delayed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
· US government officials told The Wall Street.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating whether Boeing gave shareholders sufficient information about problems with its 737 Max aircraft, Bloomberg reported.*
· *The.. Business Insider - Published
· *Southwest Airlines CMO Ryan Green told CNBC that his airline won't make passengers who don't want to fly on the Boeing 737 Max pay additional airfare to switch flights.*
· *Southwest does not.. Business Insider - Published
A new lawsuit says Boeing's design of the 737 Max was faulty and the company was able to rush the plane into production because it faced little oversight from regulators.
The lawsuit says the plane.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Boeing announced on Thursday that it has finished development work on the software fix for the grounded 737 Max airliner.*
· *The company is now working with the FAA to schedule certification.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US House of Representatives subcommittee on aviation grilled FAA and NTSB leaders on Wednesday. *
· *Lawmakers were unhappy with how many countries grounded the Boeing 737 Max before the.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) issued an emergency order on March 13 grounding the all Boeing 737 Max airliners in the US in the wake of two crashes in four months.*
· *The.. Business Insider - Published
· *A Delta Air Lines flight made an emergency landing on Sunday, a Delta representative told Business Insider.*
· *The aircraft used for the flight was a Boeing 737-800.*
· *USA Today.. Business Insider - Published
· *On Sunday, President Donald Trump tweeted that the US would raise tariffs on Chinese goods and impose new ones in the near future, raising the prospect of retaliatory tariffs from China.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg is getting a dedicated legal advisor.*
· *Boeing has promoted general counsel and former federal judge J. Michael Luttig to the newly-created role of counselor and.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing has come under fire in recent months for its failure to disclose the presence of the Maneuvering Characteristic Augmentation System or MCAS on its Boeing 737 Max airliners. *
· *The.. Business Insider - Published
· *A proposal that would have separated the CEO and board chairman roles at Boeing did not pass at the aerospace manufacturer's annual shareholder meeting on Monday.*
· *Only 34% of voters.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg announced on Monday that he will be on the first flights of the Boeing 737 Max when it returns to service.*
· *Muilenburg made the announcement in response to a.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg vowed that the 737 Max will be "one of the safest planes to ever fly" once the grounded airliner returns to service.*
· *"We're very confident that when the fleet.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing will today release its first earnings since its 737 Max planes were grounded, revealing the financial effects two deadly crashes have had on the company. *
· *Boeing has cut production.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Boeing 737 Max has been grounded since March 13.*
· *As a result, American Airlines had to withdraw its 24 737 Max jetliners from service with little to no notice. *
· *American has pulled.. Business Insider - Published
· *The global Boeing 737 Max fleet has been grounded since March 13 in response to the crashes Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 and Lion Air Flight JT610.*
· *Boeing has suspended customer deliveries.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing has been through a tough month as it faces a bevy of lawsuits and investigations.*
· *However, it may have even more serious and fundamental issues to confront such as fixing the design.. Business Insider - Published
· *Southwest Airlines announced on Thursday that all flights using the Boeing 737 Max have been canceled until August 5.*
· *Southwest's fleet of 34 737 Max airliners has been grounded since March.. Business Insider - Published
· *The 737 Max is the fastest-selling jet in Boeing's storied history.*
· *Now, its money-making airliner has tarnished the company's reputation with consumers.*
· *A poll conducted by Business.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing's problems continue to mount after shareholders launched a legal challenge, claiming they were defrauded over the 737 Max's safety deficiencies. *
· *The lawsuit alleges securities fraud.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing is slowing production of the 737 Max aircraft following two crashes of the aircraft over the past six months.*
· *The company also admitted fault in the accidents, driving the stock down.. Business Insider - Published
Like the families who lost loved ones on Lion Air Flight 610, those now mourning the loss of Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET 302 face agonizing questions that have intensified as the Boeing's 737 MAX.. Seattle Times - Published
Dennis A. Muilenburg, Boeing’s chief executive, said on Thursday that Boeing’s software did play a role in the crashes of both Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 and Lion Air Flight 610. NYTimes.com - Published
· *The Federal Aviation Administration has ordered Boeing to fix a newly discovered software issue in its 737 Max aircraft before allowing it to fly.*
· *Boeing officials reportedly described the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Ethiopia's Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) released its preliminary report on the crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 on Thursday.*
· *According to the report, readings from the.. Business Insider - Published
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — The crew of the Ethiopian Airlines jet that crashed six minutes after takeoff last month performed all procedures recommended by Boeing when the plane started to nose.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Boeing's shares are sliding in premarket trading after the Ethiopian transport minister said the crew on a fatal Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max flight followed correct procedures but were unable to.. Business Insider - Published
· *Indonesian investigators have linked the Lion Air plane that crashed in October to a Florida repair shop, Bloomberg reported Wednesday. *
· *The facility, owned by XTRA Aerospace, did.. Business Insider - Published
· *The FAA expects Boeing to submit its package of software fixes for the 737 Max airliner "over the coming weeks."*
· *The agency said on Monday that it won't approve the software until it's.. Business Insider - Published
Investigators have determined that an anti-stall system automatically activated before an Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max jet plunged into the ground, a newspaper reported Friday.
The preliminary.. SeattlePI.com - Published
When a Lion Air flight crashed off the coast of Java last October, all 189 people on board were killed. Dozens of suits have been filed against the plane manufacturer by relatives of the victims. NPR - Published
· *Boeing unveiled the software fix and updated training procedures for the 737 Max airliner on Wednesday.*
· *The updated software will "provide additional layers of protection if the AOA sensors.. Business Insider - Published
· *A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 Max airliner made an emergency landing in Orlando, Florida on Tuesday.*
· *"The aircraft returned and landed safely in Orlando. No passengers were aboard the.. Business Insider - Published
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — A preliminary report on a March 10 Ethiopian Airlines crash that killed 157 people will be made public soon, but it may take months to finish the final report, a.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Boeing is nearly finished with a software update for its 737 Max aircraft, The Seattle Times reports.*
· *Airlines are reportedly able to order the update, which Boeing will give to them.. Business Insider - Published
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — Ethiopian Airlines' CEO says the pilots who flew the plane that crashed on March 10 had trained on "all appropriate simulators," rejecting reports that they had not been.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Garuda Indonesia became the first airline to attempt to cancel its order for Boeing's 737 Max 8 aircraft, a decision the airline announced on Friday.*
· *But other airlines won't.. Business Insider - Published
As the pilots of the doomed Boeing jets in Ethiopia and Indonesia fought to control their planes, they lacked two notable safety features in their cockpits.
One reason: Boeing charged extra for.. SFGate - Published
· *The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) has subpoenaed Boeing as part of a criminal investigation into the certification and marketing processes for the aerospace manufacturer's 737 Max.. Business Insider - Published