· *Boeing is nearly finished with a software update for its 737 Max aircraft, The Seattle Times reports.*
· *Airlines are reportedly able to order the update, which Boeing will give to them.. Business Insider - Published
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — Ethiopian Airlines' CEO says the pilots who flew the plane that crashed on March 10 had trained on "all appropriate simulators," rejecting reports that they had not been.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Teams from the three U.S. airlines that own 737 MAX jets were heading to the Boeing factory in Renton, Washington, to review a software upgrade on Saturday, even as Southwest Airlines began parking its..
JAKARTA/OSLO (Reuters) - Indonesian airline Garuda plans to cancel a $6 billion order for Boeing 737 MAX jets, it said on Friday, saying some passengers would be frightened to board the plane after two..
JAKARTA/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Indonesian airline Garuda said on Friday it would cancel a $6 billion order for Boeing 737 MAX jets, citing concerns over passenger confidence, as Boeing tried to quell..
Boeing says it plans to add standard safety features as a software update to the 737 MAX fleet that was grounded this week following two fatal crashes. Reuters reports the safety features, if included..
According to a report by Reuters, on Thursday, Indonesian investigators described the panic of pilots grappling with airspeed and altitude problems in the last moments of their doomed Lion Air flight,..
According to Business Insider, "EU and Canadian regulators plan to conduct their own reviews of Boeing's planned safety update to its 737 Max jets. The software updates come after two deadly crashes of..
Business Insider reports The pilots of a Lion Air Boeing 737 Max 8 plane which crashed in October 2018 desperately read an emergency handbook in an attempt to find a way to control the plane before its..
In his first public comments since the second crash of a Boeing 737 MAX plunged the world's biggest planemaker into a major crisis, Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg acknowledged "lives depend on the work..
Boeing Co Chief Executive Dennis Muilenburg, facing the biggest crisis of his tenure, said on Monday that the company understands "lives depend on the work we do" and was taking steps to "fully ensure"..
Investigators who verified data extracted from the black box recorders of the Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 MAX plane have found 'clear similarities' with the Lion Air flight that crashed in October...
According to Business Insider, Boeing shares lost another 3-percent after Ethiopian authorities said a recent plane crash had similarities to another crash five months ago.
Two Boeing 737 Max aircraft..
· *Garuda Indonesia became the first airline to attempt to cancel its order for Boeing's 737 Max 8 aircraft, a decision the airline announced on Friday.*
· *But other airlines won't.. Business Insider - Published
As the pilots of the doomed Boeing jets in Ethiopia and Indonesia fought to control their planes, they lacked two notable safety features in their cockpits.
One reason: Boeing charged extra for.. SFGate - Published
· *The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) has subpoenaed Boeing as part of a criminal investigation into the certification and marketing processes for the aerospace manufacturer's 737 Max.. Business Insider - Published
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia's transport safety board chair says 3rd pilot was in cockpit of penultimate Lion Air flight before crash. . SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — The chairman of Indonesia's transportation safety agency has confirmed that a third pilot was in the cockpit as the flight crew struggled to keep the plane aloft during the.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
New information has emerged about the crash late last year of a Lion Air Boeing 737 Max 8 jet in Indonesia that suggests the flight crew was ill prepared to deal with a new flight control system. CBS 2 - Published
· *US Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao announced on Tuesday that her department is requesting an audit on how the Boeing 737 Max was certified by the FAA to enter service.*
· *The FAA issued an.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Boeing 737 is best-selling airliner of all time. *
· *There have been four distinct generations of the plane in the five decades years since the original 737-100 entered service in 1967.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing's CEO responded to growing questions about its 737 Max plane on Monday. *
· *In an open letter to passengers and airlines, Dennis Muilenburg said the hotly awaited software update.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing has become the subject of criticism after two deadly crashes involving its 737 Max 8 aircraft in five months.*
· *While investigators have not released their final reports about the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Southwest Airlines will face greater logistical challenges following the grounding of Boeing 737 Max aircraft than United Airlines and American Airlines, said Henry Harteveldt, the founder of the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Ethiopian transport minister Dagmawit Moge told reporters on Sunday that an evaluation of the black boxes from crashed Boeing 737 Max 8 jets in Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 and Lion Air Flight.. Business Insider - Published
· *The March 10 Ethiopian Airlines crash that killed all 157 people on board has parallels to the October Lion Air crash of the same Boeing model that killed 189 people, according to Ethiopia's.. Business Insider - Published
There were “clear similarities” between the Ethiopian Airlines plane that crashed last week with 157 people aboard and the Lion Air flight that plunged into the sea shortly after takeoff last.. FOXNews.com - Published
· *Crash investigators released the first picture of the black boxes from Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302. *
· *The photo, of the Boeing 737 Max 8 airliner's mangled flight data recorder, was.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Boeing 737 Max 8 has come under intense scrutiny after two deadly crashes in five months.*
· *The United States, European Union, China, and Australia, among others, have grounded the.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Boeing's newest version of its best-selling airliner ever was supposed to boost its fortunes for years to come.
Instead it has turned into the company's biggest headache, with.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Boeing recommended that the Federal Aviation Administration temporarily ban its 737 Max aircraft "out of an abundance of caution," though the aerospace manufacturer says it is still confident.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing stock dropped more than 2% in trading Wednesday afternoon after President Trump ordered the grounding of the 737 Max aircraft.*
· *The emergency order follows calls by a number of US.. Business Insider - Published
· *The United States grounded all Boeing 737 Max 8 planes on Wednesday following two deadly crashes involving the aircraft in the past five months. *
· President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday.. Business Insider - Published
· *The crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 once again shines the spotlight on Boeing's 737 Max program.*
· *It's the second nearly brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 airliner in recent months to be.. Business Insider - Published
· *Southwest Airlines is waiving fees for passengers who want to avoid flying on the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft through Monday.*
· *"We are not issuing refunds of non-refundable fares, but we.. Business Insider - Published
· *The travel website Kayak will introduce a feature this week that allows users to remove specific aircraft models from their searches.*
· *Kayak and other travel websites like Priceline,.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Boeing 737 is the best-selling airliner of all time with more than 15,000 aircraft ordered.*
· *Boeing has introduced four distinct generations of the 737 since the 1960s. The latest is the.. Business Insider - Published
· *The acting head of the FAA has announced that the US government will not be ground the Boeing 737 Max airliner.*
· *"Thus far, our review shows no systemic performance issues and provides no.. Business Insider - Published
· *On Sunday, Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 crashed shortly after taking off from Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.*
· *The incident, which killed all 157 on board, marked the second crash.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing's stock has lost more than $40 billion of market value from its 2019 peak.*
· *Shares have slumped about 15% since topping out on March 1. *
· *Wall Street analysts remain bullish on.. Business Insider - Published
· *A Boeing 737 Max 8 operated by Ethiopian Airlines was the second such plane to crash in five months on Sunday. *
· *No cause has been determined, but its similarities to the Lion Air crash in.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Boeing 737 MAX will receive updated flight control software in the coming weeks.*
· *The software announcement comes four months after the crash Lion Air Flight JT610 and two days after the.. Business Insider - Published
· President Donald Trump has spoken out following *Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302, which crashed on Sunday, killing all 157 passengers on board.*
· That crash and *Lion Air Flight 610, in which 189.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing shares trade down more than 3% early Tuesday after a slew of countries grounded the 737 Max 8 aircraft.*
· *On Sunday, Boeing's 737 Max 8 was involved in its second disaster in five.. Business Insider - Published
· *A 50,000-member flight-attendants union is calling on the US government to investigate the Boeing 737 Max 8.*
· *The plane has been involved in two deadly crashes in five months, including.. Business Insider - Published
Following two air disasters months apart, Boeing has promised to release software updates for all of its Boeing 737 Max aircraft by next month at the latest. The updates were developed in the aftermath.. engadget - Published
· Boeing is set to tumble again when markets open in New York on Tuesday. The stock is down 1.8%, or about $4.1 billion, in premarket trading.
· Australia and Singapore became the latest to suspend.. Business Insider - Published
· *Boeing's 737 MAX 8 — the plane involved in two deadly crashes in five months — is safe to fly, US regulators said Monday. *
· *The FAA said any links between Sunday's crash and the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 crashed minutes after taking off from Addis Ababa Bole International Airport on Sunday.*
· *According to Flight Global, roughly a third of the 371 Boeing 737 MAX.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Boeing 737 MAX is the fastest-selling plane in company history.*
· * Boeing has 4,699 737 MAX orders on the books with more than 200 delivered to customers.*
· *The plane's major customers.. Business Insider - Published
· *Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 crash shortly after taking off from Addis Ababa Bole International Airport on Sunday.*
· *The crashed killed all 157 passengers and crew on board the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Ethiopian Airlines flight 302 crashed on Sunday, killing all 157 passengers on board.*
· *The crash had eerie similarities to the Lion Air crash in October, which was also a Boeing 737 Max.. Business Insider - Published