NASA's InSight lander has taken its first selfie on Mars.
The selfie, released on Tuesday and shown above, is made up of 11 images that were stitched together. The resulting photo shows InSight's.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Cold winds constantly blow across the wide Martian plains of Elysium Planitia, and NASA unexpectedly recorded the sound of these extraterrestrial gusts.
Although NASA sent the InSight lander to.. Credit: Mashable - Published
· *NASA's newest Mars mission, called InSight, landed on the red planet November 26.*
· *Two instruments on the robot recently recorded the sounds of blowing winds and "felt" tornado-like dust.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
The InSight Mars lander accomplished a perfect landing last week on the Elysium Planitia region of the planet, where it is hard at work preparing to drill into the surface (and taking selfies, of.. Credit: TechCrunch - Published
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — As Mars' newest resident settles in, Planet Earth is working on three more landers and at least two orbiters to join the scientific Martian brigade. NASA's InSight.. Credit: SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Now that the Insight lander has settled in on Mars, scientists are learning more about the spot it's in. With its 7-foot-wide solar panels fully deployed, it has already set a record for the most.. Credit: engadget - Published
· *Insight Lander successfully touched down on Mars yesterday and it's the largest drill NASA has ever sent to space. *
· *The $850 million drill is designed to study the interior structure of.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
by Alice Monroe -
Following NASA's Insight lander touching down on the Red Planet Monday, the space agency has confirmed the next Martian landing site for its forthcoming rover mission.NASA's Insight.. Credit: One News Page Staff - Published
Last night’s 10 minutes of terror as the InSight Mars Lander descended to the Martian surface at 12,300 MPH were a nail-biter for sure, but now the robotic science platform is safe and sound — and.. Credit: TechCrunch - Published Also reported by •CrunchGear
After quite the journey, NASA's InSight has landed on Mars. But what's a trip without a happy snap?
While we savoured a dusty photo beamed back to Earth shortly after its landing, the spacecraft has.. Credit: Mashable - Published
NASA's Insight lander hit the Martian atmosphere at 13,000 mph on Monday, slowing to just 5 mph when it touched down on the surface. It sent its first picture from the red planet soon after. CBS News.. Credit: CBS News - Published
· *NASA just successfully landed on Mars for the eighth time in the agency's history.*
· *The InSight lander quickly sent back a photo of its new Martian view.*
· *InSight will now spend.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· NASA's Insight lander has landed safely. The robot will soon start beaming back information about quakes and wobbles on Mars.
· Mars doesn't have tectonic plates like Earth, but learning more.. Credit: Business Insider - Published